First off let me start by promoting I'm still a noob here so bare with me. This is my second build.... First one was not worth posting
My current cheapie bike cant deal with the current 72v45amp awesome setup that Hyena built for me, I hold my breath everytime I hit a bump on my cheap bike. My hope is the DH Comp will deal with the speeds/bumps a lot better on my commute to work and its important for me is to remain stealth
After looking at Doctorbass, GCinDC, Keyne's & Kiwi's builds and a few others I kept my eye on fleabay for a dh comp and found one
. Let me say I think owning a proper dh bike is more complex then my electrical setup. The suspension tuning is over the top for me... But I'll learn in due corse.
- Build a stainless steel box moulded to the frame ( see red line in first pic ) courtsey of my welding mate. He welds strainless steel drains etc for a living so has stainless steel sheets 100mm wide. My 6s 5ah zippy dimensions are 148x51x51mm, I cut out some foam with the same dimension but probably 155mm tall. Playing around with the setup and the best fit seams to be as shown in the first pic, Its the 9th zippy that causes the issue. Once the box is made then plan cover in a bag / material like GCinDC waterproof cordura so it looks stealth. Forgot to add...I want to maximise the room in the triangle for future proofing incase I ever change my battery setup.
- With the battery layout my worry in denting the lipos but plan to pack in the gaps with foam or anything stronger. Any suggestions?
- Controller will probably be located on the seat post.
- Wait for kiwi's dropouts to mount the 9C 9x7. I'm on the second run so hopefully soon
- Replace the crap Hayes HDX brakes with Avid Code 5. Hayes HDX pistons dont center, One piston stays in and the other comes out. Tried bleeding / cleaning the pistons a few times to no resolve.
To buy from CRC... Would appreciate any advice or suggestions on my purchases
- Avid Code 5 brakes at front. What for the rear?
- 48t or 52t chainring, Which one on CRC? I do like adding my own power + pedalling helps stealth.
- Manitou SPV Shock Pump MKII
- Replace manitou 500c shock spring? Should I go for something higher? Currently weigh 82kg and dont want a lot of sag.
- Buy a set of 12g spokes for the 9C Anything else I should buy?!?!?
Already done / purchased
- Replaced suspension bearings with enduro bearings
- Removed crap brakes
- Clean and lube.
- Kiwi's dropout
Hopefully I get the box done this week. Then I'll just have to wait for kiwi's dropouts to move the build over.
Giant DH Comp 03 build in progress 72v 18s3p 9C 9x7 12fet Infineon controller set 45amps