E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

My bomber has been used a lot, mostly off road and it has not missed a beat. The only thing I have changed is the key switch as if you wiggled it then youncould get a poor connection. John in aus replaced it in a few days to deliver to uk and it was a plug and play swap. I could have lived without swapping it.

The bikes are fine but if you swap out the standard battery for higher voltage you may have problems. It of you take the 1.6 engine out of your ford focus and dump in a 5 litre then you will have issues too.

You may get a few odd anomalies on a low volume production product but john takes this seriously and our won't have a long term issue. There is nothing technical about these bikes that. DIY er or local bike shop cannot fix.

Thanks for your replies, hopefully I will be in a position to purchase one soon.

Cheers

I found a 15 tooth freewheel that will fit my Bomber. It’s a 15T AC Racing 888 and uses a shimano bottom bracket tool to remove it that has a hole of 1” so it will fit right over the shaft. AC has found a way to place the pawls outboard, making a 15 tooth viable.

http://www.planetbmx.com/shop/bike-components-parts/freewheels/ac-15-tooth-888-freewheel-fits-all-skyway-wheels-/prod_305.html

Removal tool for the 15T http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B002V16050/ref=dp_otherviews_1_MAIN?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&img=MAIN&color_name=x

Now all I need is a BMX type remover for the 16T that came with the bike and I can see if it fits as advertised.

Nice find Paul. I have been looking at ways of improving cadence at high speed. Also looked at 8 speed clusters that use a threaded attachment but these have been too wide for the dropouts. Shame as it meant I could have gone down to 11 tooth if I wanted. Perhaps a 5 speed cluster with a threaded adapter is available. Even if it goes down to a 14 tooth. Have you seen any of these by any chance?

Also have you investigated replacement front sprockets to suit the Vbox? Mine is worn out and need replacement but a slightly larger unit would also do the trick.

Kepler said:
Nice find Paul. I have been looking at ways of improving cadence at high speed. Also looked at 8 speed clusters that use a threaded attachment but these have been too wide for the dropouts. Shame as it meant I could have gone down to 11 tooth if I wanted. Perhaps a 5 speed cluster with a threaded adapter is available. Even if it goes down to a 14 tooth. Have you seen any of these by any chance?

Also have you investigated replacement front sprockets to suit the Vbox? Mine is worn out and need replacement but a slightly larger unit would also do the trick.

Sorry no....the 15T is the smallest that will fit and the V-box chain ring would hit the frame if it was any larger. That's also the largest they make.

One tooth is about a 8% change I think but could be wrong on that.

Seems to me there would be a market for anything smaller if one could be made.

Paul, those AC 15t are terrible - search for reviews. Although they might be ok if you don't pedal too hard ;)

I'm running a 7sp straight cut stripped down to one 14t cog. I tend to spin at around 90-110 RPM. No interference with the swingarm.

Kepler said:
Perhaps a BMX front sprocket could fit. The 4 mounting holes would have to be added.

Hey Guys' Long time reader first time poster have been reading this thread for about 2 weeks now finally go to the end :p
Placed my order today with john for my very own bomber ( does a little wee with excitement ) should have it in about 12 weeks john said .
Cant wait to ride this jigger should be a blast i have a strong motorbike background with a little mountain bike thrown in there .
Hollar out to anyone in bris with a stealth bike ?
Cheers Doug

full-throttle said:
Paul, those AC 15t are terrible - search for reviews. Although they might be ok if you don't pedal too hard ;)

I'm running a 7sp straight cut stripped down to one 14t cog. I tend to spin at around 90-110 RPM. No interference with the swingarm.

Kepler said:
Perhaps a BMX front sprocket could fit. The 4 mounting holes would have to be added.

I don't know much about a 7sp straight cut stripped down to one 14t cog is. Can you go into more detail about what to buy and how to modify it? Pictures would be great if you have an extra one off the bike :)

Thanks

Berg_racer_x said:
Hey Guys' Long time reader first time poster have been reading this thread for about 2 weeks now finally go to the end :p
Placed my order today with john for my very own bomber ( does a little wee with excitement ) should have it in about 12 weeks john said .
Cant wait to ride this jigger should be a blast i have a strong motorbike background with a little mountain bike thrown in there .
Cheers Doug
Great news, you are going to love it, what colour have you gone for?

Did you try one before buying? I was so nervous ordering without trying but the product was so much better than I could have imagined. I am looking forward to going out on mine this weekend.

Justtoby said:
Berg_racer_x said:
Cheers Doug
Great news, you are going to love it, what colour have you gone for?

Did you try one before buying? I was so nervous ordering without trying but the product was so much better than I could have imagined. I am looking forward to going out on mine this weekend.

In black all my bikes have been black :) also ordered it with crazy bobs .
No I have never ridden one .. Never even ridden a e bike before and from what I have read so far I can't find a negative comment about the bike or John so I'm expecting something pretty special . Going to be torture waiting for the warranty to run out so I can fill it with lipo batteries .
Cheers Doug

Berg_racer_x, wear a nappy the first time you ride it.... It is difficult to put into words how good these things are...

I am hoping to join the "owners cub" this weekend :lol: :D :shock:

Berg_racer_x said:
Doug, i think you might be the 1st Brissy Stealth owner on ES so far. There are plenty of guys in Sydney and Melb's but not Brisbane. Are you northside or south?

Berg_racer_x said:
Going to be torture waiting for the warranty to run out so I can fill it with lipo batteries .
I would have thought the next 12 weeks wait would be even worse torture! :wink:
I've never ridden a Stealth but from all reports, you shouldn't be disappointed :)

I'm heading back to Brisbane for a road trip in August to see friends and will be taking my Intense M3 w/Clyte HT3525 with me, i'll be keen to meet up for a trail ride if your up for it? Maybe the Glasshouse Mountains? Its a pity i can't bring my Husky TE250 and head out on them too! Have you got one of the 70deg 4stroke eng Husabergs?

Paul :D

Timma2500 said:
Berg_racer_x said:
Doug, i think you might be the 1st Brissy Stealth owner on ES so far. There are plenty of guys in Sydney and Melb's but not Brisbane. Are you northside or south?

Berg_racer_x said:
Going to be torture waiting for the warranty to run out so I can fill it with lipo batteries .
I would have thought the next 12 weeks wait would be even worse torture! :wink:
I've never ridden a Stealth but from all reports, you shouldn't be disappointed :)

I'm heading back to Brisbane for a road trip in August to see friends and will be taking my Intense M3 w/Clyte HT3525 with me, i'll be keen to meet up for a trail ride if your up for it? Maybe the Glasshouse Mountains? Its a pity i can't bring my Husky TE250 and head out on them too! Have you got one of the 70deg 4stroke eng Husabergs?

Paul :D

Hey Paul' I'm far south side mate I'm in just at the start of Logan in Springwood (had to move close to work since loss of license for a few years) Always keen for a ride though .I actually sold my berg due to lack of use! I'm involved with a couple of dirt bike magazines so am always riding media bikes and my poor old girl just sat at home all the time .No I didn't own one of the newer ones I had a earlier 600cc with head work and a Dale Lineweaver cam and titanium akro pipe was putting down 63 rwhp .I have ridden the new ones with the weird motor though ...crazy bike I rode the 570 and it handles like a 450 so easy to change direction for a big bore it was off putting having that much power and still being able to rail berms.
Anyway Lets stay in contact maybe sort out a ride when your up this way .
Cheers Doug :D

I'm a member!!!

Picked up my Bomber today - flat by the time I got it home.... Need a 200A charger!!! :D

Justtoby said:
kiqnkf said:
I'm a member!!!

Picked up my Bomber today - flat by the time I got it home.... Need a 200A charger!!! :D

Any pics?

LOL!!!

Heaps of pics already!!! I purchased fullthrottle's Bomber.... Sitting watching it recharge now... Yummmmmmmmm!!!!

Trying to work out where to put it in the bedroom.... Don't be nasty now....

Congratulations on the on the purchase kiqnkf. Now you need to hit some dirt tracks and see what these bikes can really do. :twisted:

Full-throttle, seeing you aren't a a Stealth bike owner anymore, no more comments here until you get another one :p. I am seeing a custom Fighter in your future :mrgreen:

... But he only has a 10m extension cord. So ends up just doing burn outs in his backyard. :lol:

Thankyou Kepler, I will be able to keep up with you next ride, sort of.... Just more skill/practice required!!! I was going to go to the Frankston BMX track today, but prius problems have dominated my day, so maybe later in the week hopefully!!! (My kids wanna go now).. Had a little ride around my local skate track today, discovered getting up stairs is an art form.... one that I have not yet mastered - more speed, and higher tyre pressure maybe....

If he gets his hands on a fighter, it will be special, no doubt in my mind. :twisted:

Lighter will enable him to "glide" further. :D

Meh, custom fighters were so last week :p :mrgreen:

Speaking of which here's another quick clip of mine from the weekend playing with some different camera mounts. Still waiting on a few parts to finish it off but hopefully in another week or so it'll be ready to roll in it's final* config.

[youtube]yuvq7PpLfqM[/youtube]

*final is only guaranteed for 30 days with me :p

What the hell do you know about "Custom Fighters" Jay? :D

Vid looks fun... I see you decided not to burden yourself with a chain!!!

Here are some recent pics of me and a friend getting some air and doing some wheelies.

The suspension was set full soft which was too soft for the height we were getting. The jumps felt a lot bigger than they look in these pics.
I am the one in the red top / body warmer.

IMG_3460.jpg

IMG_3459.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3421.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

IMG_3416.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3421.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

Back