E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

cheers :D yes I was pleased with it although like I said its the chaps in the video that need the praise coz not only is it harder than it looks to jump at speed its also not a cheap bike to throw down in the dirt either if you get the landing wrong, i am looking forward to having a go on it and to meet Toby as he is a top bloke :) best way to get higher and longer on the jumps is to take poles and markers, we used to do that, used to keep raising the bar to see who could jump the highest! lots of fun, ahh great days when my knees worked :lol: and I had time too :p

Cool video, wheelies are really hard on Ebikes, even though I have the Magura throttle, I still find it difficult to feather, good job. Motorcross racers have found they can change the attitiude of their bikes in mid air by slowing the rotation of the rear wheel and thereby reducing the gyroscopic effect. Landing with the nose slightly down on the front tire (again hard on Ebikes with all that weight in the rear) will absorb some energy and keep from bottoming the rear. I have the same problem with my homebuilt, I completey blew the rear shock out, now its a freaking Pogo stick lol.

Your not wrong wheelies are tricky with all the extra weight, I can wheelie a normal mtb for miles :D but stick some batts in them or over the back seat and it becomes harder, not sure I will try too hard on Tobys bike mind :lol: will have to get my own sorted for serious wheelies :twisted:

Knoxie/Toby. Superb vid there. I can make any saturday as a play day so please let me know when your planning. I will bring both bikes so there will be plenty to play on.
Will be great to meet you both finally.
I managed a 200ft wheelie on the Bomber today, pulled it up at 20mph and topped out at 42mph. Wheelies offeoad are much more difficult to keep up though.
When are you thinking of guys?

dave.a said:
Knoxie/Toby. Superb vid there. I can make any saturday as a play day so please let me know when your planning. I will bring both bikes so there will be plenty to play on.
Will be great to meet you both finally.
I managed a 200ft wheelie on the Bomber today, pulled it up at 20mph and topped out at 42mph. Wheelies offeoad are much more difficult to keep up though.
When are you thinking of guys?
Blimey, 200ft wheelie is pretty impressive! You do not want to get it wrong over 40mph. I know that 17th and 31st march are bad dates but other than that I think I am ok...what about knoxie?

The fighter battery should be hear next week so the new owner will be bringing that along too.

I have just had a detachable towbar fitted to the wife's xc90 so I can now put on my trials bike carrier and take the bomber anywhere. 4-5 ebikes should make for some fun and lots of photo / vid opportunities. You may be able to give a wheelie master class.

200 ft wheelie is awesome, that would make a great video!!

Toby, 24th March would be spot on for me. My mate with the other cyclone big hit is coming aswell.
40 mph crashes dont bother me much really, ive done 4 seasons of enduro racing and 6 years road racing. My worst crash was at Donnington on my Honda RS250, high sided flat out round Craner at about 110mph. That hurt alot! Brocken wrist, 3 fingers, collarbone and 4 ribs.
I was racing at Cadwell again after 5 and a half weeks :)

Fantastic video Koxie and some great footage Toby. Not too many videos I bother to watch more then once but I have already played this one three times this morning. :)

When my kids were a bit smaller, I use to dink then on the front like that too (with a bit of padding on the battery box) Always kind of felt like an irresponsible parent but the kids loved it so much the guilt soon disappeared. :)

full-throttle said:
Awesome vid knoxie!

Unexpectedly I run into a SE Bomber owner on the way from work tonight, had a good chat - took me a long time to explain why I sold mine and in exchange he told me a story of 'someone' running from the cops. Then I had to explain why I sold it again..

"edit" miss understood post

Hyena said:
haha I only noticed because I've only had my fighter 2 weeks and have already lost one!

I've lost some bolts to, but I think I may have found a solution.

I put some padded double sided tape all around the inside edge of the side panels between the bolts. This makes the side panels very secure after tightening the bolts, adds some nice water proofing, and the padding prevents the bolts from working loose. :D

Works for me since I'm only running the stock battery and rarely need to remove the side panels. I imagine it might also work well for Kepler, removing them more often and only wanting a few bolts in place as well.

Cheers

Kepler said:
Fantastic video Koxie and some great footage Toby. Not too many videos I bother to watch more then once but I have already played this one three times this morning. :)

When my kids were a bit smaller, I use to dink then on the front like that too (with a bit of padding on the battery box) Always kind of felt like an irresponsible parent but the kids loved it so much the guilt soon disappeared. :)

Many thanks :D thats a good sign if you watched it more than once Kepler :lol: great stuff, should get some more footage when I meet up, got to check the diary and check with the missus then get back to the boys :mrgreen:

Stealth are so cool that I doubt they would refuse a warranty claim...unless you're attempting to tow a Sherman tank. The question is will it melt down causing downtime? I doubt it.

BTW Great vid Toby & Knoxie !!!

Had my first flat on the Bomber yesterday. Spent the next 2 hours pushing the bike home. :evil: 10km in total. Oh well, could have been worse.

While I had the back the back wheel off, I decided to replace the 16 tooth free wheel with a 14 tooth off a stripped down 5 speed cluster. This worked out really well and although the chain line isnt spot on, I think it is certainly acceptable. Also replaced the chain ring off the Vbox. After 6000km it was well ready for replacement. Also needed to remove a link out of the chain. Could actually do with a second link removed as I am nearly out of adjustment on the torque arms.

Now I can pedal comfortably at 60kph. Also allows me to use more of the nine available speeds. Previously I would only use 8th and 9th. I think 6th and 7th will get more of a work out now.

Attachments

• IMG_1049.JPG
    IMG_1049.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 2,094
Berg_racer_x said:
Hey guys' Do you think towing my sons bike trailer will void my warranty ?

John helped me adapt the Trailor tow hitch for my bomber at the factory, he was very supportive.

I think you need to take some care so as not to overwork the motor but other than that it should be fine. My daughter loves it and shouts to go faster.

In my vid you can see my friends son on the "crossbar" I have to note that I wasn't going too fast and he is a complete nutter, the dad would have been fine if we had come off. The older lad in the video is also his son and when he landed one of those jumps a bit hard and came off his dad just said " that's my boy!" :mrgreen:

hello,

From Wednesday, I own an Stealth electric bike Bomber.
This was not easy because I live in Belgium and the tranport took a long time.

Anyway this is really pure fun, but I cant get more than 40 km/h maximum out of it!

Can someone explain to me what the problem is, and how I can get the promised 80 Km/h out?

Thanks!

Renovolution said:
hello,

Anyway this is really pure fun, but I cant get more than 40 km/h maximum out of it!

Can someone explain to me what the problem is, and how I can get the promised 80 Km/h out?

Thanks!

check the 'speed limit' option on your CA.... that'd be my first guess.

Kepler said:
Had my first flat on the Bomber yesterday. Spent the next 2 hours pushing the bike home. :evil: 10km in total. Oh well, could have been worse......

what sort of tyres are they kelper? they look grippy! any good offroad?

Renovolution said:
hello,

Thanks!

Hi Renovolution. Congratulation on your purchase. Problem when you first get a Bomber, you cant help but give it a heap of throttle everywhere. You need to learn how to ride the bike in such away that you don't burn too much power. The best way to do this is to set the CA to read Whrs/km. Aim to keep it between 15 and 20Whrs/km and you and you will soon see some distance.

Of cause make sure your battery capacity is what it should be. You should be able to get 1400 to 1500 W/hrs out of the pack. If this is the case, then its purely riding style. I can burn my pack up in 30km if I ride really hard. Typically I get around 60km but can easy stretch it 100km with good economical riding.

sn0wchyld said:
Kepler said:
Had my first flat on the Bomber yesterday. Spent the next 2 hours pushing the bike home. :evil: 10km in total. Oh well, could have been worse......

what sort of tyres are they kelper? they look grippy! any good offroad?

They are Schwalbe Crazy Bobs. Standard road tire used on both Bombers and Fighters. Good all round tire and Moped rated. They are OK on dry stuff off road. Not so good in the mud though.

Renovolution said:
hello,

Thanks!

Bikes sent to the USA have a small black wire jumper you have to cut on the CA to have full power. Maybe yours is the same?

Set the CA to show the watts draw and run full throttle. You should see 4500-4700 watts draw.....if you see less you have a bad cell in the pack.

Go into advanced setting on the CA and make sure the max amps are set at 65.

Back