amberwolf wrote:If those are LiCo cells (probably), and they've dropped that low in voltage, I would only recommend them for fireworks display testing. It's not unheard of for them to flame out during charging after they have been discharged that far.
If they are something else, like LiFePO4, they maybe salvageable, but I don't think I've seen any laptop packs with LiFePO4 cylindricals in them yet.
You might want to save the thermal breakers/etc off of them for future protection of packs/devices.
www.recumbents.com wrote:I have about 24 old 18650 LiPo cells that came out of old IBM laptop battery packs destined for the dumpster. Voltages range from 2V to close to zero. I'm not sure if these are worth resuscitation or not,
spinningmagnets wrote:... because I have a pile of cordless drill batteries made from 5 of the 18650s in each pack. I have a handful left over after using the best of the pile to make a pack ( not finished yet!).
Users browsing this forum: potatorage and 2 guests