Re-winding a hubmotor

heres some pics of the dropouts, not welded in yet:

2012-02-25165117.jpg

2012-02-25165125.jpg

2012-02-25170915.jpg

2012-02-25170925.jpg

Farfle, I sure like your dropout solution! Absolutely, positively solved it. Plenty of wire room and NO possibility of rotation.

Farfle, you are a rockstar. Love it!

Yup awesome dude!

parabellum said:
Farfle, this monster is bomb proof in every direction. If this is the result of simple "Re-winding a hubmotor", your potential must be inexhaustible. Awesome work.

I started thinking of the Wendy's burger analogy (here in the US):

Want a single? No problem, see Golden Motors.
Want a double? See Farfle!
Want a triple? Yet to be born.
Want a heart attack quadruple? Yet to be conceived!

A gauntlet,.. has clearly been thrown.
who will pick it up?
touchet' Bigmoose
:mrgreen:

ViVa les Farfle!

bigmoose said:
I started thinking of the Wendy's burger analogy (here in the US):

Want a single? No problem, see Golden Motors.

Good approach to satisfy every taste.
Farfle was speculating about sticking 3 of those stators together but ended doing 2 (for now I hope). It is kind of reasonable, Gillette Mach 3 would be uninteresting if Schick Quatro is available first. :D

I think Farfle might want to see how controllable two stacked together are first before getting really fun/silly and going to 3. I have experience with torque from my Hubzilla and it's flat out nutty in a 20" tire, and this monster should make even more even if he's runs a 24"! I'm just wondering how controllable it's going to be without turning down the phase amps quite a bit. This motor is so awesome and so big the magnetic field it induces might cause smaller geared hub motors to rotate around it like moons.

Personally I'm blown away at the fab skills involved. I wish I had that kinda skill / dedication. I can dream stuff up but I can't produce it, just don't have the skills or the tools. I'm just lucky to have a few friend that can weld / fab stuff out of metal for me when I need help (pretty often), but no one with this kind of talent.

Enough ego stroking, Farfle, get that thing laced, we want video of it in action!

Im so sorry guys, I took the bike for a run, and left my helmet can at the house :cry:.
Here's some stats from the ride:

MaxA: 229
MinV: 93.2
MaxS: 69.7 (CA wasn't reading speed correctly, it was still accelerating)
Wh/mile: 79.6
Miles traveled: 3.9

Farfle said:
Im so sorry guys, I took the bike for a run, and left my helmet can at the house :cry:.

Nice! Sounds like a ripper! :)

Farfle said:

Do you think you reached 69.7 or is the wheel size out of whack on the CA? Need video tomorrow.

zombiess said:
Farfle said:

Do you think you reached 69.7 or is the wheel size out of whack on the CA? Need video tomorrow.

definitely hit 69mph, not the wheelsize calibration, the CA will flicker between actual speed and an arbitrary nonsensical 56 mph, that's until it hits 70, then it goes to zero while the bike keeps accelerating.

You should be a "proud papa" Farfle.

Thats a badass machine, and you made it yourself. Nothing you can buy can match that level of satisfaction. Savor it my friend.

Farfle said:
zombiess said:
Farfle said:

definitely hit 69mph, not the wheelsize calibration, the CA will flicker between actual speed and an arbitrary nonsensical 56 mph, that's until it hits 70, then it goes to zero while the bike keeps accelerating.

Damn dude, that thing is hauling ass then. We must have video, I demand it!

Yup you need video and dyno tests. I proved with my x5 I can spike what you see in my avitar but it was no faster then something with ~350 amp peaks!

chain officer? No! It's all magnets!

Outstanding work Farfle, definitely an ebike to be proud of. I take it that this one won't have a female pilot, because it will take some balls to ride. :mrgreen:

John in CR said:
Outstanding work Farfle, definitely an ebike to be proud of. I take it that this one won't have a female pilot, because it will take some balls to ride.

Actually, if I can get her to ride it again I will, my cousin will be up to ride my friends 9c bike in the 1500w class, and my boss will be racing his hot-rod hx powered bullit cargo bike in the 1500w class aswell.

And sorry again, I cant get you guys a ride video till the 8" of snow we got last night melts off.

Back