liveforphysics wrote:With sub 150vdc batteries, the shock hazard makes no difference if they are capable of delivering 1million amps or 1amp. It only pulls what your bodies resistance can draw, which will be tiny unless you've pierced the skin and gone into the blood which conducts well. (and even then, very high current shocks rarely kill as often as low current shocks)
I touch <150vdc batteries capable of 1,000's of amps on a daily basis. I can't even feel a tingle from under 60-70vdc, even if my fingers are wet.
The risk is arc-flash blinding and burning kids. Or if you're using lead, the risk of kids splashing acid in their eyes or cells exploding when shorted.
Thanks Bro. We are using the odd lead battery to get a project fired up. But we are planing for nano techs or what every has the best power density when we order them. I will use some of my hardcase pacs to get things running too. I tried touching 50v tonight and nothing so then I licked my fingures and still nothing so thats good! I will show them some "Demonstrations" so they know to be carfull. I already hooked the controler up wrong in a hurry on the barstool and got a big bright pop at 24v so they saw one mistake. But vern said with the last set of kids he got them all under the drag car to change the stater and got them to wear there glasses and delibratly shoted the wrench to the positive and the frame lol he said instantly they were gone about 20 feet back and running lol. But shit like that will stick in there heads. So I might have to stage a conector "POP" Ill try to use some old lipo incase shit realy gets out of hand.
On another note the 225 amp 50v curtis I got cheep is now a 60v500 amp all for the price of 11 50v mosfets and 11 46 ohm gate resistors. Got to love curtis for making there controllers this way!
Tested it tonight and spun the buggy up to > 85mph!!!