So I finally made another video early this morning. I will be uploading it to youtube tonight, and linking it here early tomorrow.
I took the same route as the first video, for comparison. But this time, I only took video of the climb. I made sure to get the CA data at the top of the climb on video.
Here is some hard data from the ride:
3.08 miles to the CA checkpoint.
132.5 Max Battery Amps
34.1 mph Average Speed, 49.9 mph Max Speed on climb.
62 mph Max Speed downhill (not in video).
GPS Altitude at the bottom: 952m
GPS Altitude at the top: 1327m
So, a climb of 375m.
GPS distance to the top: 5.4km
375m / 5400m = .06944 = 6.94% Average Grade.
My last video showed an average grade of 12%, due to an error on my part.
I was looking at the average grade over the last 2 km, and mistakenly posted that as the average grade of the whole climb. Correct average grade for the entire climb is 6.94%.
155.9 W*hr/mi x 34.1 mi/hr = 5316.2 W Average Power.
That is what I believe to be a truly CONTINUOUS power draw, which I could definitely push higher (with a shunt mod) since the motor doesn't get hot. In my opinion, a claim of "continuous" means that the motor would be able to handle that power constantly until the battery runs dead... which I think this route is a fair test of.
132.5A max x 68V min = 9010 W Maximum Power.
The Vmin was certainly towards the top of the climb, and I think the actual Max Power draw was somewhere around 76V at the start (Clown is 82v hot), so let's call it a Max Power of around 10kW on the ride.
Keep in mind that these motors are rated for 1200w (etched on the side cover), and that the motor was BARELY warm at the top of this climb. Centrifugal ventillation rocks!
Next video gets a LiPo extender (anti-sag) pack for greater power and top speed.
On another note, Super V is almost complete. We finished the ventilation and the phase wire upgrades last week. Our best ventilation job yet, and 8GA phases all the way to the windings. We also created a mount for the 36fet steveo controller today. Tomorrow we'll install the killer swingarm covers I made, strap the LiPo's in, wire it up, and she's ready to fly once again.
Expect a SuperV vs. Clown video soon! With Dad's 260lb load on SuperV, and my 175lb load on Clown, it should be reasonably competitive.
Here are some pictures from the Clown upgrade process: