A123 AMP20M1HD-A Battery pack kit

Depending on price I need 2 6S kits for a split 12S pack. Um I hate to ask this but now where do we get cells from?
otherDoc

Top covers:
4S
4s%2520cover.JPG

6S
6s%2520cover.JPG

12S
12s%2520cover.JPG

18S
18s%2520cover.JPG

24S
24s%2520cover.JPG

30S
30s%2520cover.JPG

6mm threaded brass bars will screw in to end positive and negative blocks size 45x10x10 and through top plate. I will probably leave it 20mm long so The Builder could trim it to hes/her requirements, what do you think?. I thought this would make tidy job connecting packs in series or parallel:
a123%2520kit%2520terminal.png

Looks like it would make a neat tidy post. Great!
otherDoc

Hi, I was wondering what current rating you expect to support with this package? Thanks for your reply.

I was looking to calculate exactly but it is too complicated. I guess if 20x6.3mm (126mm^2) copper bar is good for 320amps, if i would use 6mm round bar, meaning A=pi r^2=28.26mm^2, i would think that it would be good for 40amps brass or 70amps copper. I might be wrong but then again i am looking more at the clamping of the cells in to the pack and Builder should decide which way to terminate the pack. It is just not viable to design something to individual needs. I need to check current draw in my setup, and i use 14AWG on terminals, BMS and controller are rated at 30A.

Have some news and they aren't bright. Highest cost is in brass and cnc making blocks and PCB. My part is 40% which includes all delivery costs of parts to me, driving expenses and cost of packaging, taping blocks by hand. All conversions done 1USD=2.6LTL (Lithuania Litas) Here it goes:
4S -58USD
6S - 71USD
12S - 130USD
18S -226USD
24S -324USD
30S -421USD
+ shipping
This is not final as i am going to firm to get a quote for PCB. I used last price from firm to calculate this, but last time they had to design PCB. Will know for sure on Monday.
I am including my calculations in LTL, for you to see. All cards on the table, no hidden charges. Big chance that i will not go for this as the cost is to high.

Attachments

• A123 Part list.rar
    10.6 KB · Views: 128
Thanks. I will update the cost after i will know PCB price and then it will be for sure. Will see then how many Builders will be interested cause i need to get rid of 660 blocks including my 4 x 6s for cargo bike cause that's the smallest amount of material i can buy.
Thanks again for support.

I there any way you can convert your .rar file to .xls? I cannot open it in xcell.
otherDoc

Thanks! I was able to open it with Winzip.
otherDoc

I am going to capital to try and negotiate PCB price. At the moment we have 8 x 6S sets requested for given price. I have checked shipping cost and it is ~61LTL which is ~24USD 50 - 500grams (www.post.lt) will check with DHL as well. Folks if possible let me know your intentions till Friday 12.00 UTC +02.00 (Timezone).

I'll take 2 6S kits please!
otherDoc

If there isn't a 12S kit, then I'll take 2 6S kits too! :D

ambroseliao said:
If there isn't a 12S kit, then I'll take 2 6S kits too! :D

There is 12s kit available as is 4S, 18S, 24S and 30S i just need to know before i start ordering materials on friday.

Do you plan on making 2p kit? or 16s or 28s kit ?

I would be interested! :wink:

Hi, sorry mate but at this time i do not have enough time to do layouts for PCB as other things taking a lot of time + getting married next month. Later, possibly, at this stage you can get any configuration from given setups meaning 12S+4S will give you 16S and then it is just a matter of making similar to headway joints with 8.5mm holes and bolting packs together like car battery or if you want cut the top section of pcb and do what i did in my project:
From this (2x6S):
IMG_20120208_200008.jpg

To this (12S):
IMG_20120215_172631.jpg

The list:
Ohzee - 4 x 6S
Docnjoj - 2 x 6S
Ambroselio - 1 x 12S
Kristoffer 2 x 12S
Toango 8S(4S+4S) or 18S(12S+4S) ?
999zip999 2 x 12S ?
Me 4 x 6S

ohzee said:
So we got enough to do business buddie ?

Yes, i have added one 24S couple 6S and 1 4S extra, just in case. I will update the price today if will be possible. Hope guys who make PCB will not be greedy.

I will not include thermal wrap in the kit as Chinese would not sell small quantities and cant source here locally. i will adjust price accordingly.
On the other hand i would strongly suggest to use protection on the pack because cells are fragile enough to puncture them easily (happened to me) and (info from another thread) they loose vacuum and solvent which we don't want. If happened there are suggestions to use vacuum to suck out air, than reseal it, i would think scotch tape using hair dryer to make it tight.

Back