E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Working on the custom controller for the Fighter at the moment. The controller has been up speced with 4110 Fets and 100V components. All HV wiring has been done in 12gauge silicon cable which should be plenty for the power output. High current solder traces are all beefed up with solid copper bar too. As you can see, the controller is tiny and a piece of cake to install internally. With the bike frame being used as the FET heatsink, hopefully heat will be kept under control. Should have all the mods completed tonight ready for installation tomorrow. 8)

Attachments

• IMG_1159.JPG
    IMG_1159.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 2,681
DALBYNATOR said:
Kepler said:
...it's worth noting that the importer here in Aust has spare gears in stock but is yet to sell a set. :shock:

Hi Kepler, I'm down here in Adelaide and just wondering who your supplier for the BPM motors are? And whether I could get one shipped down here?

Cheers, Tom.

Mr Kepler,why you no answer my question? :lol: (hopefully at least one person gets this...)

Y-U-NO-Guy-Meme-Face.jpg

How do others with the Fighter carry them?

I live on the first floor of an apartment and have a small flight of stairs to carry mine up. I would power up them, but they're too smooth and the wheel just spins.
I tend to grip under the seat sub-frame with one hand and the other either on the handle bars or lifting from the front shock cross bar just above the wheel.

What/how do others do it?

I imagine the Bomber is too heavy to lift in this manner.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
I live on the first floor of an apartment and have a small flight of stairs to carry mine up.
Get a run up and nail it - you're not trying hard enough :p
Stairs can be a bit of a challenge but I usually manage to power up them OK. Try lifting the front so it's in the air and power the bike up the stairs with it vertical. Just don't lose your balance or it'll end in tears!

Failing that lifting by the seat post rather than the seat frame is probably better

Hyena said:
Stairs can be a bit of a challenge but I usually manage to power up them OK. Try lifting the front so it's in the air and power the bike up the stairs with it vertical. Just don't lose your balance or it'll end in tears!
:lol: I would, but I'd have to either get the run up in about 1 meter, or do the run up over 2 large steps then a door barely wide enough for the handle bars before I hit the flight of stairs. Trust me it's not really doable unless you want to break something. :lol:

Might try the front up trick. I also have to consider the noise made since I have neighbours. :roll:

Hyena said:
Failing that lifting by the seat post rather than the seat frame is probably better
Bit awkward to hold, since I've got a light, hydration pack and mud guard all hanging off there, but I'll try that one too.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Hyena said:
:lol: I would, but I'd have to either get the run up in about 1 meter, or do the run up over 2 large steps then a door barely wide enough for the handle bars before I hit the flight of stairs. Trust me it's not really doable unless you want to break something. :lol:

Might try the front up trick. I also have to consider the noise made since I have neighbours. :roll:

Hyena said:
Bit awkward to hold, since I've got a light, hydration pack and mud guard all hanging off there, but I'll try that one too.

Cheers

i ride a norko aline, so I dont know if this trick will work for a fighter, but I thought i'd share anyway... if you can get your shoulder under the seat post so it might work.

I basically have the bottom of the seat tube resting on my sholder (the seat tube doesnt stick out at all, so its just the frame resting on my shoulder. I reach through and grab the swingarm with my hand, and hold the handlebars with my other hand. If it was something I did daily I'd add a small piece of padding on the underside of the seat tube, in which case it'd be a breeze to carry. as it is the occasional flight of stairs/fence or whatever is easy enough.

Its only 34kg so its not really that heavy just an odd shape that makes it hard to manage. If you made up some kind of sling out of seat belt material. You can just feed it through the opening in the frame below the seat and then just over one solder like a bag.

Kurt

...Or try getting Velcro carry-straps from your local hardware/ironmonger store? You can loop one of those around the chassis.

I find the Fighter easiest to carry by picking up the back wheel, the rim is a nice curve which fits the hand nicely and the hub is the heavy part so it is a straight lift, you can use the other arm to either tuck under the frame or hold the bars.

Try it.

I like the strap idea too and lift on your shoulder.

Been working hard on the Fighter to get it finished. Very happy with the way it came up. The blue handle bars I am sure wont to be to everyone's taste but I quite like them an kind of adds a personal touch without messing up the Fighter look.

First a shot of the bike completed but without the the batteries installed. I divided the battery cavity into 2 equal compartments and are using the upper compartment as the primary battery area. This arrangement puts the balance point just about in the centre of the bike. The bottom compartment has a a parallel battery connector for quick connection of a second equal sized pack for those longer rides.

019.JPG

021.JPG

Total weight with the upper battery only came up at 27kg ready to ride. Feels amazing on the road and changes direction so easily. Really quite easy to pick up also.

006.JPG

011.JPG

I have only had a couple of shake down rides so far but are more then pleased with the results. Top speed is 63kph on flat road and is setup for just over 2000W. Acceleration is more then acceptable and I think wouldn't be far off off a stock Fighter in this department. I am really impressed with the Magura MT-2 brakes also. Very light feel combined with excellent modulation and great stopping power. I am running a 38 tooth chain ring and and using the 11 tooth on the cluster. This makes for a comfortable cadence at 50 kph in the high ratio on the Schlumpf and around 25kph on the low ratio.

And finally a few shots of the completed bike with the happy owner :)

029.JPG

026.JPG

002.JPG

Looking good and at 2000w there is room for another 1000w burst power without any issues.

Just over 60kmh is good. I bet it rides like a regular bike. I found the freewheel loosens up the more you use it. The combo would be great for bursts of power then coasting. and the low gear and light weigh would make it good on a technical section . Keen to see the consumption data I think you will be happy with it.

Video would be great :D

Nice build.

I notice you have gone for triple crown forks when this is mainly a road bike, I prefer the look but surely normal forks would have given more turning circle for town riding plus even less weight?

Now that would make a good single track bike and more inline with my BMC setup which was built specifically for single track.

Great Job Kepler!

Gonna post some videos? I would like to see it in action. Beutiful work. Looks light and tough.

Rix

I think John should make this as a "club sport" model and sell it without any battery and a limited warranty on the motor. By selling it ex battery it would be a lot cheaper and allow people to do what they want, the image of stealth can be protected as long as the club sport was clearly differentiated, I.e st colours and maybe cs cutouts in the frame?

Porsche did this in the 90s with the 968 cs, in white, blue and yellow, they are iconic track cars now.

full-throttle said:
Wow, that bottom bracket is so high up :shock:

You dont miss a thing do you full-throttle :)

I am playing around with the geometry a bit to suit my long legs. I think in hind sight, the stock height is better and will probably go back to that.

Justtoby said:
I notice you have gone for triple crown forks when this is mainly a road bike, I prefer the look but surely normal forks would have given more turning circle for town riding plus even less weight?

The plan was always to go with a single crown fork for the exact reasons you have just mentioned. However, i prefer the look of the triple crown forks and figured I would regret it if I went with the singles. Reality is that there is only about 600g between the two types of forks and with the Fighter's quite narrow frame, the turning circle is quite reasonable. Significantly better turning circle then my Bomber

Kurt said:
Looking good and at 2000w there is room for another 1000w burst power without any issues.

Just over 60kmh is good. I bet it rides like a regular bike. I found the freewheel loosens up the more you use it. The combo would be great for bursts of power then coasting. and the low gear and light weigh would make it good on a technical section . Keen to see the consumption data I think you will be happy with it.

Video would be great :D

Nice build.

Thanks Kurt.
Another 1000W would be fun. Might give that a go in the future. Need to see how well the motor and little 6 Fet internally mounted controller stand up to 2000W first though. :)

Rix said:
Great Job Kepler!

Gonna post some videos? I would like to see it in action. Beutiful work. Looks light and tough.

Rix

Cheers Rix.

Hopefully will have some video soon. The plan is to get some comparison video of the bike side by side with a stock Fighter to see if mine can keep up. It will be interesting.

Back