GCinDC's Giant DH Comp

thanks. i put it off for a while... :roll: but sooo glad it's done. i'm like a kid with a new toy again. more precarious driving vids to come.

meanwhile, i just noticed maybe the controller's not well located. see the tire mark? :roll:

good to see your motor is working again. From the last vid I noticed you seem to pedal really fast...whats your gears like?
If you pedal alot, you might wanna get higher chainsets or 11t freewheel?

Greg-

Frickin awesome good progressive rear shocks. Nice video! :lol:

rui_fujino said:
From the last vid I noticed you seem to pedal really fast...whats your gears like?
If you pedal alot, you might wanna get higher chainsets or 11t freewheel?

Naw leave it... it gives car drivers (and the cops) the impression that Greg is really woking hard to be passing them all so fast like he does. :mrgreen:

great video greg, that bike is back to speed mode now and the usual antics ensue :D again this mental bike showing just how effective an ebike is in city traffic.

chroot said:
Frickin awesome good progressive rear shocks.
thanks. i'm amazed how i can roll over nasty bumps and not even feel it. i never would have stayed seated over such crap w/ GT. pain taught me well to stay off that seat. i realize now that i always used to stand on the bike as much to save my ass, as to stop quickly if nec. if only the seat were only more comfortable... and a bit further back. it's going to be raining today for return commute and the GT's beam rack (w/ mudguard) has no tire clearance on this bike (also testifying to it's smaller size).

anyway, it took a long time to get here - you all know - and now that i've got the 8" rear suspension, i'm really enjoying it. i'm still not 100% comfortable on the bike (and the wheels aren't strong enough) for the higher jumps. i'm getting there, but i'm sometimes worried about my wrists getting out of position on landings. but this ought to hold me for a minute til i get the 12" of suspension that i always wanted. :twisted:

rui_fujino said:
you seem to pedal really fast...whats your gears like?
i generally try not to get my legs in the shot. :p 44T up front, 11T in back, but chain won't sit on that because of dropout adapter, but actually i've not really tried, so it's the second gear in the cluster, 12 or13T? bike came with 32T installed, but he gave me the 44T as well, and i can pedal meaningfully up to 35mph - that's about the speed i was going. if i can pedal meaningfully, i generally will, but over 35mph it's useless, and just messes with balance.

next, i really need to get a front light. too many close calls with cars doing u turns in front, or peds dashing across when it's clear -- oops, it's not clear, cause here comes the angel of death...

I did begin to wonder when the news said something amazing was flying through DC?? yesterday...I thought thats right Greg has got his bike back on the road? now I get it LOL!

images

GCinDC said:
44T up front, 11T in back, but chain won't sit on that because of dropout adapter, but actually i've not really tried, so it's the second gear in the cluster, 12 or13T

Can you get away with putting a washer between the frame and the axle's shoulder? It might just be enough to move the rear derailer out far enough from the rear gear cluster so that the chain DOES sit well in the 11T.

I did begin to wonder when the news said something amazing was flying through DC?? yesterday...I thought thats right Greg has got his bike back on the road? now I get it LOL!

Haha, awesome!

Greg, have you tried a rear axle mounting on the GoPro? My friend made a little bracket that attaches to the disc brake mount and makes some cool forward facing videos from this angle.

Sacman said:
Can you get away with putting a washer between the frame and the axle's shoulder?
absolutely not. frame is stretched beyond comfort now. in fact, during last install, i must have dinged the disc cause it's friggin warped now... :( and sounds like hell. :x

etard said:
My friend made a little bracket that attaches to the disc brake mount and makes some cool forward facing videos from this angle.
awesome idea. can he give you a pic? will do asap (and mute sound!).

i worm clamped the gopro mount over front wheel axle this morning, but couldn't get it level. was pretty bouncy too. rear oughto to be good.

knoxie said:
something amazing was flying through DC??
yeah, the city was abuzz about that. missed it tho. :(

You might want take the recommend, Get this B67 saddle and it's pretty comfortable sitting on the little wide saddle.

The peoples hyped the brooks saddle really best and very comfortable once you break in the leather (hard to soft). I am waiting for my brook saddle B73 saddle still in shipping progress and it's for my Yuba Mundo cargo ebike cuz it doesn't have suspension. Go figure. 8)

44x12 - ouch that is small. I ride a 44x11 and above 30mph the pedal rpms are too high for casual effort. I would suggest a 53 but you prob want the ground clearance.
The jump from 12 to 11 in back is pretty big too.

veloman said:
44x12 - ouch that is small. I ride a 44x11 and above 30mph the pedal rpms are too high for casual effort. I would suggest a 53 but you prob want the ground clearance.

Or go with an expensive Schlumpf Drive or Hammerschmidt with a 1:1.6 gear ratio crankset. You'll have no clearance or dropped chain problems with one of those.

Yep get a schlumpf - they're a bit pricey but I can pedal along at 35 mph with a 34t chain ring on the front and a 14 on the back 8)

Hyena said:
Yep get a schlumpf - they're a bit pricey but I can pedal along at 35 mph with a 34t chain ring on the front and a 14 on the back 8)

..or check : http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37269&p=566506&hilit=schlumpf#p566506

Hyena said:
wow, 7 consonants to 1 vowel... gotta be well engineered... :lol:

installing that is not a job i'd relish, i confess. would love to have, that's for sure.

etard said:
have you tried a rear axle mounting on the GoPro?
here's a go. bad music alert. lower the volume.. what was i thinking? :lol:
[youtube]hlNyMv6TKX4[/youtube]

Great videos, i love watching them, it's a guessing game as to which direction you are going next!!! left, right, up, down or sideways.
I like the music too, never heard that version of 'dazed and confused' before. Was it being played backwards? :D

Ouch. That looked painful! Hope you're OK!

Well, at least we had a nice look at your butt..... :oops:

Back