Let's add our country to our profile!

Perth, Western Australia is probably self explanatory, but Western Australians truly think they are another country :lol: Aren't they KiM? ;)

amberwolf said:
I already had my city, state, and country in there, but I've made it a little more specific for those far travellers out there. ;)

I bet every civilisation would imagine their group/bubble as being local. :mrgreen:

Were you at der by = Where are you?
Were you to der by = Where are you heading? :mrgreen:

Arlo1 said:
Were you at der by = Where are you?
Were you to der by = Where are you heading? :mrgreen:

Is that phonetic or literal?

Something you learn everyday the Canadian/Yorkshire/West Country nexus of impenetrable accents... :shock: :mrgreen:

To add our own. This should be just about decipherable. For other Irish counties - it is best just to nod the affirmative and pretend to understand. :mrgreen:

[youtube]tOS-XQ0oZYM[/youtube]

State added...
Oddly enough people hardly pay attention to the country in my profile.

amberwolf said:
Since I was volunteered, :wink: and was already considering doing it anyway, here's how to change your location so it shows up in your profile:

Click here:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/ucp.php?i=164
then look over in the Edit Profile area where it has several text-entry boxes. The seventh one down should be Location:.

Click in the text entry box to the right of "Location:", and type in what you want there (starting with country and going down as specific/local as you are willing to go is best).

At the bottom of that section is a button for Submit; click that, and you are done. :)
AW, I have noted that you are close to my galactic location; it is good to have neighbors... relatively speaking 8)

grock that, KF

Joseph C. said:
Is that phonetic

Something you learn everyday the Canadian/Yorkshire/West Country nexus of impenetrable accents... :shock: :mrgreen:

To add our own. This should be just about decipherable. For other Irish counties - it is best just to nod the affirmative and pretend to understand. :mrgreen:

[youtube]tOS-XQ0oZYM[/youtube]
Close but Its newfie! ;)

sk8norcal said:
I would like to see option for people to post their age...

I been on forum that do that,
it makes it more interesting....

You can add your age to your profile

KiM

Something else that needs to be done, at board-level iwth the forum software itself, is to add the ability to sort members by location, and to search text-field-wise in the location section, and to display the location in a member search/list.

None of thsoe is possible now, but all would help a lot when trying to find someone near you to help out. :)

AussieJester said:
...You can add your age to your profile

KiM
I do not see the option for "older than dirt..." ... must be my eyesight.

jonescg said:
Perth, Western Australia is probably self explanatory, but Western Australians truly think they are another country :lol: Aren't they KiM? ;)
+1

WA tried to Secede from Australia years ago then probably realised no-one would bother coming here if they needed a passport to cross the border :wink: :lol:

Paul :D

I just tabbed through the users list here and noticed that 98% of you have nothing as to your location. I mean NOTHING.
Not even which hemisphere you are in!!

Come on guys fill SOMETHING in.
Hemisphere if nothing else.
Preferably country.
State/ Province?
City if your not too afraid.

If you go to the "user control panel", upper left on the screen click it then "Profile" you can fill the info in there and it will show up under your avatar when you post. It's a great help to know where you are in the world as the laws, availability/types of bikes/parts ect are so different from place to place. Might help keep one or more of us from sounding uncaring or very dense at some time.

Okay, got my location fairly precise. In fact I'm less than a half mile from the street they named after the local descendant of Johnny Appleseed. If that's not forthcoming, I don't know what is. (Although they haven't been forthcoming about how he was descent from a man who famously couldn't get to the altar in time and, well. . . .)

Adding at least a rough location in your personal profile is a massive help, given the international nature of this forum. Trying to guess which ebike laws might apply, or how much something might cost, is SO much easier when you have a feel for location. It also helps when it comes to tolerance, as if I'm reading something during the day that's been written late at night (and maybe after a glass or two) by someone in a wildly different time zone it's easier to make allowances.

Yep. I think at least what continent should be required of new members from now on. So often they want to know where to get a good deal on something, or good customer service.

Then we end up telling a guy in Vancouver about an ebike kit vendor in China. Or a guy in Croatia about a great vendor in Vancouver.

At best, we end up taking a wild guess that a guy lives in the USA because he uses mph.

The regulars know where I am. The reason I don't post it in my sig is just in case some do-gooder in the government here happens upon ES, and through my posts realizes this country needs laws about ebikes. The world keeps getting smaller, so you just never know.

While I feel the best thing I can do for the cause is show people the performance potential of electrics, I also don't want to be responsible for ruining my own good thing. There's a fine line between "Wow, look what that ebike can do." and "That idiot is going to kill himself on that machine, so we need a law to protect him from himself."

John

Back