I've Been reading this forum for a long time now, wanted to wait until I had atleast some progress to show before submitting my build.
A little project aimed to run me to and from work, which halfway through the project due to me getting a new job has made the commute <2miles
The original ped, was bought of a colleague for £50, has been sat in his garden for last 6 years
First job strip down to frame, remove any surface rust and give it a quick once over with a spraycan
Step 2 gather all major components, I went for a generic c80-85 for around £60, cheap 150a ESC and an e-throttle
Step 3 was to cut away all the old ICE parts for the motor to fit inside
Step 4 was to mount the motor, I spray painted the edges of engine to make a template on some steel sheet, cut it out and this became my mounting point
After that give the engine a lick of paint and reassemble
And as the bike stands today:
My current batteries do not have the amps to be able to power the motor so it's still awhile off its first frankenride, but thats fine gives me chance to either rewire or see what can be salvaged from original loom and get all the panels back on (although I am liking it's current state, it's a rather ugly ped originally
The project has definitely been a budget orientated one, I don't have the exact numbers to hand but including the bike, spends have been around £250 once the batteries arrive.
One thing I have changed in the project is the choice of batteries, originally I went for li-ion as the individual price is so low, however with the motor's consumption they just were not cutting it, so I have switched now to lipo packs
Another change which I will know once the thing works is to whether I will need to replace the steel plate mount with a thicker gauge.
Overall am very happy and excited to start using my first electric vehicle, let the legal battle begin I suppose...