E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Don't worry, easy to fix. You'll need some SAE 7.5 oil replacement and maybe a new foot nut if you can't refit the old one.

http://www.activesport.co.uk/shop/category_778/Foot-Nuts.html?shop_param=cid%3D%26

Either charger will do the job, the 10A one will be much quicker. If you don't need to recharge quickly, maybe use the 6A one. It's a bit easier on the pack. Don't bother mounting it anywhere.

The fluid around the cranks may be from the V-Boxx. Unless it's a large amount, I wouldn't worry about it, they're virtually indestructible. I'm sure your worries will disappear very quickly!!!

Remf
Thank you for the reply and the link I'm on it, can't wait to hit the trails this forum has been great find and a wealth of information on that note thank you to all the guys who share your experience, photos and stories...

Marclink said:
Remf
Thank you for the reply and the link I'm on it, can't wait to hit the trails this forum has been great find and a wealth of information on that note thank you to all the guys who share your experience, photos and stories...

Marclink - What trails are you planning on riding out there? I was planning on taking a trip to Joshua Tree and Ocotillo Wells once it cools down. If you know any good trails out there let me know the names. I am especially interested in a good bike trail in Joshua Tree.

For Orange County one of the poplular trails is Whiting Ranch trail in foothill ranch here is a youtube video I just found if you want to check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8JfnrrQumg

Hopefully you will have your bike up an running with no issues soon. Once you get it dialed in you will not regret the purchase.

Remf
Some of the best trails around especially this time of year are are going to be Hurkey Creek and trails up around the Idlewild area http://mountainbiketrailsusa.com/trails/may-valley-and-hurkey-creek-trails-epic/
Winter riding is great out here in the Palm Springs area here's a list of some of the better trails http://www.trails.com/activity.aspx?area=14068 Love to get together sometime my bike should be ready in about another week really looking forward to it. My contact info is at www.LinkRealty.com give me a call anytime

Hey NOCAL, SOCAL and AZ guys, anyone interested in planning a fall ride? I live 90 minutes east of S. Lake Tahoe. Been tossing the idea around for say an early October ride there or down in the MT Whitney area, or northern AZ area before the snow arrives. If there is an interest, post or PM me. Because of my work schedule, I would need about 2 weeks notice to arrange a trip. Rix

Marclink & Rix, California, Nevada & Arizona mountain trails would be fantastic! Hopefully one day soon for me. Pics & video please! Meanwhile, being in Hyena territory, I'll have to get my Fighter back together and go on the next group ride. :idea:

remf said:
Meanwhile, being in Hyena territory, I'll have to get my Fighter back together and go on the next group ride. :idea:
Heh we're actually having another ride this Saturday if you're free - kinda last minute but should be a few of us in attendance for a beach / sea cliffs / national park ride.

Details here:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40444&p=624758#p624758

Just a little vid of me and my bro having a little Bomber fun!

Please excuse the vid as I am new to this go pro lark and editing :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWGUZKWxAEw

Yes it's the UK, Sherwood forest. The footage does not show the gradient well as some of it is very up and down! Runs pretty fast too :evil:

Marclink said:
Remf & Rix
Just let me know when and where and I'm ready!

Ok, I will PM you guys and see about setting something up.

Mugen, great video. So that the legendary Sherwood Forest? Doesn't look anything like the one in the robin hood movies. Sweet single track. I wish trails were like that around here. I flatted last night after a peace of lava rock tore the sidewall of my rear tire. Thanks goodness I was just over 2 miles away so pushing the bomber wasn't bad. Can't wait to get the 5404 with the motorcycle rim. Running 4-6ply tires will solve this problem.

Rix

Pics of my new garage floor, makes working on the Bomber nice and clean plus adds a bit of bling in an 80's way!

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

Justtoby said:
Pics of my new garage floor, makes working on the Bomber nice and clean plus adds a bit of bling in an 80's way!

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

And an original chopper with suicide shift!!! :D

Hyena said:
Heh we're actually having another ride this Saturday if you're free

Feeling a bit like summer out there, sounds great but my Fighter is still upside down. Still waiting for the 40xx but got my hitch so should be ready to go soon. Are you heading Bundeena way or towards Wattamolla?

Cool floor Toby. You need to paint the walls and roof to match now for maximum effect :lol:
I have randomly placed offcuts of carpet from when I redid the floors inside for working on my bikes which isn't ideal.

remf said:
Are you heading Bundeena way or towards Wattamolla?
Nope, opposite direct - Kurnell cliffs out heading back towards Botany Bay. Though I would like to do Bundeena at some stage, maybe get the ferry across from Cronulla or just drive there head off from there.
I'll post a vid of the days action probably Sunday night :)

remf said:
Still waiting for the 40xx
As in H40 or something else ?
I'm loving the H4080 in my fighter and that bit of extra top end is great when the trail opens up into a nice smooth double track and you can really get the wind rushing by. I have one last H4060 left but I think I'd need to run 24S lipo to get the same sort of high end shove. The last guy that reported back to me fitted his to a 26" MTB and even on 50 amps said he had trouble keeping the front wheel down. heh.

The past.days where spent recording, editing and rearranging a 3 part video concerning the Vboxx on the bomber. How does.it.work, what's inside, where do you adjust what and why? Uploading is currently in progress. In a few hours the links to it will be posted here and in my Vboxx clinic. :)

Here we go now, the time has come for a small premier. Possibly the web´s first Vboxx repair video. Enjoy! :D

Part 1, the disection:

[youtube]pruRTLlFsiA[/youtube]

Part 2, the shafts explained

[youtube]1oI2O1F0k3g[/youtube]

Part 3, assembly and adjustment

[youtube]Zgog-W3QLVw[/youtube]

:mrgreen:

Thanks for doing the video, just watched the lot! However I am never going near mine as after seeing that I now have a nose bleed :)

The guy, or team behind this mechanical marvel really deserves my utmost respect. Something so complexe is not developed overnight. The bearings that fell apart in mine have been replaced by needle roller ones on the latest vboxx version. The video should be good enough to repair the thing. It could have been even more detailed but that would have bored most viewers of. Personally, ever since I was gearboxed, my opinion is that this is just the shifting device ebikes deserve. Crappy deraileur systems don't belong in a high tech bike. Yeah, I know, the efficiency is higher, but that's what we have the motor for. By the way, pedaling the bomber around with no engine helping is such a blast. Thanks to the one and only Vboxx. :mrgreen:

Back