New electric mountain bike frame by Phasor Cycles

ohzee said:
SweKen said:
Makes me nervous, im on the other side of the planet from where they make those frames, it would be heartbraking if it was damagednupon arrival. :?

yea hopefully that keep that in mind when shipping the next batch of bikes and come up with a better way to package.

We then should have had some kind of "test batch shipping discount" :wink:

Ive just emailed them about making my dropouts from 135mm to 150mm to fit a cromotor, in the first email they did advice me not to fo down that road because of the mass of the motor and that the frame was not manufactured with that kind of huge motors in mind. But they made it work for another guy that sent his entire motor and brake setup to them, so i want it as well, but they will charge me the extra labor i asume, but they really shouldnt because i really think that this should be a regular option. I can not be the only one on this frame wanting to go huge tourqe-motor?

My frame is ready!!!!

syv0p3.jpg

Attachments

• MyFrame2.jpg
    MyFrame2.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,926
Rodney64 said:
Deutch the color looks good have you received it yet.[/quote

No not yet. I just got word its complete. Now I just need to send them the balance and it will ship to me.

thinking of putting thick stealth bomber like spokes on my phasor anybody know the gauge?

Hello all,
I have some more frames ready to go out, they look good! I know these people are anxious to get these, and I am anxious to see the builds you guys are coming up with.
Forest Green Metallic
2012-08-20_15-05-49_839.jpg

Dark Grey Metallic
2012-08-20_14-58-20_958.jpg

My new favorite color...Dark Blue Candy. Again the candy colors cannot be captured on camera, in person it is very deep and dynamic.
2012-08-20_14-59-55_626.jpg

2012-08-20_15-02-32_679.jpg

2012-08-20_15-03-09_373.jpg

Got some new carbon fiber panels on my bike, a homage of sorts to the roots of this endeavor, the original carbon fiber prototype.
2012-08-20_15-29-47_971.jpg

Actually could you swap the candy blue with mine when you ship ?

Promise to not tell anyone.

haha j/k , but that color is awesome.

nice looking bikes. any ideas how 1-3 are doing ?

Keep up the great work.

Ohzee, that candy blue frames mine. You have no chance, yes she's a beauty.

Can't wait for its arrival.

It's addressed to my Wife so she will have to pay the tax so will be in bad books for a week or so but yes its worth it.

hello mr. pearce,

i've been toying lately with the idea of building an electric bmx.
the biggest bmx frame i could find on the market was the s&m custom 24'' dirtbike, and i was considering using a davinci mid drive system. the biggest problem next to my lack of mechanical know how, is that all the bmx builds i've ever seen, look like something doc brown threw together with motor, drives, batteries, controller, and wires everywhere, and ya might end up in 1985 if ya dare ride it. so i've been looking into stealing your guys style and having something fabricated so everything is contained nicely in the frame.
...unfortunately all the quotes i got were absurd. people were quoting in the $5000 ballpark just to build me a frame.
so i guess this is my round about way of asking if you guys were open to, or have ever thought about the idea of building a bmx type frame haha.
i paint shopped a picture of a s&m dirtbike frame to give you an idea of what i've been thinking. something thats small and quick and fun for just booting around the neighborhood with a little style, and not a bike that needs to be as fast and carries as much range or cost as a phasor mtb to build.

let me know what ya think if you got some time

Packing was awesome sooo much bubble wrap and plastic type wrap. Was a top notch job.
Most of my pics I took tonight came out pretty bad so just have a couple currently.

All I have is 6s 5000mah packs so I put some of those in there. Turns out 2 side by side will not fit width wise.
This means I will have to rethink what I plan on using. Probably get some 5s and see how those fit or 4s. Ill get
some more pics but at least you can get an idea what I am saying.

I am very very happy and excited to do this build. Once I get some parts ill start my own thread.
Here is 2 packs of 2 6s5000mah cells. You can only see the top pack , but the other is taped below it.

The side panels are like 1/4 inch nice and thick. They are held in with screws so nice and tight.

20120824213355713.jpg

packaging

20120824152133467.jpg

They should have given you a spread shee on what will fit in your frame and what wont.

Attachments

• Battery Spreadsheet.xls
    46 KB · Views: 306
Typing from my phone. I've found 6s packs that fits two side by side. They're narrower than the typical zippy. It's the welded nuts inside the frame that takes up the extra space isn't it? I can't remeber the name of the lipos but they were yellow and from hk.

dpearce said:
Got some new carbon fiber panels on my bike, a homage of sorts to the roots of this endeavor, the original carbon fiber prototype.

Baah beat me to that.....I was toying with making smaller carbon side panels(Opening the seat area up for a visual effect)

I've been slacking a bit on getting a build thread up due to work commitments :) and the fact i ride more unassisted in the summer so I can eat more cakes.

DoD

Its been 10 days now since my frame was posted. It must be close. I like idea your idea DOD about opening up the seat. Has anyone tried putting on a 48 or 52 tooth sprocket on the front? Interested to see if the chain still clears the rear swing arm.

mine arrived but it seems main sproket/freewhell sprokets will be at a slight angle anybody else have this problem?

Back