FalconEV 19" triangle bag.

I'd also be happier without the logo. I'm unhappy with rubbery die smeared all around. When I get it back I'll see how easy the mess is to remove.

neptronix said:
Sacman said:
Why advertise the Falcon brand logo anyways?
Rub it all out with some black shoe polish. :wink:

bwa ha ha, does that actually work? i don't like having the logo there either.

Yup ... works great!
The shoe polish is mostly just black dye, oil, and wax.
and it's the oil and wax that helps separate the painted rubber logo from the canvas.
So with some work with a good stiff brush it comes right off.

If you like the color of the dye and do the whole bag to make the color even.
You can throw the bag in the wash (by itself of course) and wash away all the excess.

Nice pics and info here on older thread. My Falcon EV bag will be here later this week. I was looking to fab my own but this looks like what I need. Thanks all for the input.

Trackman417 said:
I personally think that 12 4S hardcases packs in this bag will be absolutely beast! :mrgreen: Guys, just get ready for the ultimate solution. Who needs padding with hardcases lip packs? Duct tape and this frame bag is all I need to get my bike up and running. Get ready to be amazed.
Just a quick question on what andy's PayPal address is? Please and thankYou! :mrgreen:
I run 12 4s hardcase packs in my falcon bag and it does work great.
I just colored over the Falcon logo with a sharpie

Recieved my FalconEV bag, battery (48v 15a Ping LiFePo) and kit (500w DD from Cellman) yesterday.

Curious whether folks with a LiFePo battery:
1) leave the battery in the FalconEV bag mounted on the bike while charging? or
2) remove the battery out of the bag each time to charge or
3) remove the bag from the bike and leave the battery in the bag while charging with the zippers open for ventilation

upward said:
Curious whether folks with a LiFePo battery:
1) leave the battery in the FalconEV bag mounted on the bike while charging? or
2) remove the battery out of the bag each time to charge or
3) remove the bag from the bike and leave the battery in the bag while charging with the zippers open for ventilation

I can't take my bike into work so I take the bag off to bring it inside to charge, zipper partly open around the BMS. At home, I usually park in my garage and leave the bag on the bike while charging, again with the zipper partly open.

I have the same battery and worry that if I removed it from the bag, I wouldn't be able to get it back in. The bag is already at it's stretching limit.

Best bag i've seen as weight for bike is up front (there is even a full manufactured bike with batteries in front hub for this reason but stupid if you dent your rim )-I found battery at rear difficult to have the bike stay upright on a stand & move around --But i'm affraid my packs are the best they are fibreglass elongated tubes down each side of bike frame ( fit any bike) totally sealed with good BMS. We ride along coast with salt spray & all connections soldered no switches just 1 plug. Difficult to make & made 5 so far.A hobby of mine is fibregass.All my bike are cyclone 500 as we got hills & i live on a urban mountain so volts are always going up as the age is.

ev_Bag_5.jpgev_Bag_4.jpgev_Bag_2.jpg

Here's how my bag looks after coming back from the upholstery shop widening. It was widened to accept a 5.1", 3-wide Headway pack grouping. The stiffened material is about 5" wide at the bottom and about 4 1/4" on top with the zippered fabric completing the needed room. I'm building my battery grouping now which still appears to fit well with my 153 mm wide BB.

The upholstery shop cleaned up the logo smear without being asked to, so I don't yet know if the shoe polish trick works.

Additional photos of how the bag-loading and stablizing is being added to my build thread: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42103

All,

Got my bag last week and spent the weekend converting the bike to use it. Perfect fit in the 19.5" frame. Fit my 16S3P pack nicely with the CA Datalogger, 40A inline fuse and homemade parrallel board.
Side View 2.jpg
Battery Bag Loaded.jpg
This thing is a definate thumbs up.

Dan

Is anyone putting their controller as well as their batteries inside their triangle bag? I just received my bag today and it looks great but am concerned that the controller might overheat sitting inside this bag. I could leave the zippers open near the controller to allow the heat to escape but not sure if that would be enough.
Any thoughts? :)

I have the bag but just mounted the controller beneath the rear bike rack and rear wheel. The fender keeps grime off and it keeps cool now.

After a few months with a ping 48v 15a battery in the bag, took the battery out and found some holes in the bag where the corners of the battery lean against the bag.
Needed to duct tape the inside and outside of the bag to reinforce the bag. Works great but if you haven't taken your battery out of the bag in a while, worth a look.
My bag was not protecting my battery against the elements until I added duct tape.

Yeah probably from lots of weight chafing on the padding over a long period of time.

30s10Ah.jpg

That's why i jam my lipos in it like this.

Its really up to you where to put it. For those of us that ride in wet/cold/snowy conditions, putting the controller in the bag is a good idea. BUT, if you ride in hot conditions i.e. Colorado/SoCal/Arizona summers, mounting the controller on the frame is fairly essential for good cooling/airflow. I'm sure neptronix has to put his outside just cuz it probably wouldn't fit with 24s3p and/or that's a lotta amps running through that controller.

At this time of year, I wouldn't really worry too much about heat on the controller but once the temp hits 75 F plus, I wouldn't risk my $150 controller for the sake of looks. Most of us are pumping 500w steady and 3000+ watts peak through a tiny PCB. Quite a lot of juice. Those fins on the case are there for a reason.

As for protecting the bag, I wrapped my batteries in super thin cardboard and taped them with packing tape. I can remove the batteries from the little case I made easy enough for swell inspection. I lined the bag with a piece of plastic cut-board (available at hobby shops) which is bulletproof (almost) and very difficult to cut without tin shears (I tend to crash occasionally). I then spray glued on some of this stuff I found at work. Its basically what you would throw onto a futon to keep the mattress from slipping off for a little extra shock absorption. A thin piece of foam under that between the frame and cut-board. Harness has color coded Anderson power pole connectors for idiot proofing (Yes, I can be an idiot at 4:30 a.m.)

Not to be a jerk but this bag has issues. Its a little too wide and slightly saggy, the zippers are total crap, I'm sure Ill break one of them off by the end of the summer. They look like they are waterproof when you first get the bag but no. The seals tear quickly. It only comes in a 19" size (fits my 17" but just barely) and whats up with those mesh pockets? I tore through those in three days since the cranks rub against them a little and my jeans catch on the top of them when pedalling. The openings for the wires could be a little more protective of the elements. The decent things about it is the capacity of 12 5000mAh LiPos, the fabric is fairly good and waterproof enough, and it comes with some protection for the bottom of the bag. Some people hate the logo but I dont mind advertising for a company that Im glad is trying to make homemade EV's an option. Another nice addition would be a small set of velcro straps on the inside of the bag along the top tube of the frame for tying up wires running through the bag.

If you do plan on purchasing this bag, its fantastic for the price. Just plan on making those sharp corners on your batteries/controller go away or you'll tear through any fabric.

batteryprotection001.jpg

I really enjoy my frame bag! If you pair this bag up with turnigy hardcases packs, you are setup for success. No need to worry about cushion or any of that. It's a win win situation. :wink:
On a side note:
Does anyone know if these bags will fit in a walmart Genesis 2100 frame?

Trackman417 said:
I really enjoy my frame bag! If you pair this bag up with turnigy hardcases packs, you are setup for success. No need to worry about cushion or any of that. It's a win win situation. :wink:
On a side note:
Does anyone know if these bags will fit in a walmart Genesis 2100 frame?

They will not.
The internal frame size is rather small on that bike. Sorry to burst your bubble.
( yes, i own one )

dolby said:
Is anyone putting their controller as well as their batteries inside their triangle bag? I just received my bag today and it looks great but am concerned that the controller might overheat sitting inside this bag. I could leave the zippers open near the controller to allow the heat to escape but not sure if that would be enough.
Any thoughts? :)

Got my Cellman 30A controller running 48v inside the bag, along with a split pack Ping 48v 15Ah.
I'm in the UK with lower than favourable temps, but run full throttle most of the time. Zipper is shut all the time too!
The controller gets pretty hot, but have never had it go poof on me yet with over 1500 miles.
Bugger, I've just jinxed myself :x

neptronix said:
They will not.
The internal frame size is rather small on that bike. Sorry to burst your bubble.
( yes, i own one )
Thanks a lot neptronix. It would have been a sick combo with the frame, farfles swing arm, and the falcon ev bag. But dreams don't always come true.

Guys, i was talking to cell_man the other day and it looks like his frame bags might be ready.
I don't know a lot about them but they look nearly identical to what FalconEV is selling, but there are battery straps inside, and the em3ev logo is a bit less obnoxious.

I do plan on getting one, so when i review, it i will post a link through this thread.

neptronix said:
Guys, i was talking to cell_man the other day and it looks like his frame bags might be ready.
I don't know a lot about them but they look nearly identical to what FalconEV is selling, but there are battery straps inside, and the em3ev logo is a bit less obnoxious.

I do plan on getting one, so when i review, it i will post a link through this thread.
They the same as the falcon Ev frame bags? Let us pray that they have an indent for those who have their shock on the inside of the frame :mrgreen: . That's not too much to ask for is it? :roll:

But what about this Clyte bag?
The width is 3.3 inch, which is more then 2.5 Falcon is offering. The price $71 is a bit high, but still.. Crystalyte = quality?

bt-triangle-dim-gr.jpg

This bag seems alot like the FalconEV bag, but has got some extra wires and a keyswitch..

I wouldn't believe the quality of it until told from a few people.

The falcon bag is proven to be a high quality bag.

Anyone have one of cell_man's new bags ? Look a lot like the falcon rebranded.

Seriously not happy with Falcon EV.

My first bag ripped twice, where the zipper is sewn onto the canvas tore, despite fixing it up it tore again. Falcon EV refused to replace it so I relucantly purchased another one with n other options, paid over paypal. 3 weeks later I haven't got my bag. Asked for tracking information and I'm told you can not track international shipments, funny that I could with packages from Lyen.

Falcon EV suggests it might have got lost in the post, tell me to pay them another $16 for another one. Paid up ,still no bag.

Talk about unprofessional.

Back