milwaukee v28 cable how to video

jondoh

1 kW
It's going to take a while to upload these. Please wait. I have 27 clips!

Attachments

• Movie_0027.wmv
    988.5 KB · Views: 180
  • Movie_0026.wmv
    850.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Movie_0025.wmv
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Movie_0024.wmv
    999.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Movie_0023.wmv
    994.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Movie_0022.wmv
    782.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Movie_0021.wmv
    499.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Movie_0020.wmv
    499.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Movie_0019.wmv
    728.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Movie_0018.wmv
    629.9 KB · Views: 83
a few more...

Attachments

• Movie_0017.wmv
    391.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Movie_0015.wmv
    877 KB · Views: 98
  • Movie_0014.wmv
    981.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Movie_0012.wmv
    989.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Movie_0011.wmv
    975.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Movie_0010.wmv
    2 MB · Views: 75
  • Movie_0009.wmv
    1.9 MB · Views: 77
  • Movie_0008.wmv
    814.2 KB · Views: 88
the last of it...

Attachments

• Movie_0007.wmv
    1.9 MB · Views: 96
  • Movie_0005.wmv
    1,005.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Movie_0004.wmv
    1,001.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Movie_0003.wmv
    1.9 MB · Views: 97
sorry... videos are listed in reverse order. go to movie 0001 first.

Thanks a lot.

this seems to be a lot easier to do than the ductape battery solution

what motor does these power a 400 series?

and six is enough for 5304?

maybe 8 packs from toolup.com

efreak

efreak said:
maybe 8 packs from toolup.com

After following the stories of lazarus, jondoh, maytag, mlrosier and others I just ordered 6 packs from toolup.com yesterday and the connector blocks direct from Milwaukee and 3 chargers from Amazon... total cost about $620 to my door... not bad... I only need 400wh total round trip anyway so there is leg room there and I can pull major amperage down the road if I need to unlike ping. Plus I have a local Milwaukee service guy that is going to start feeding me more packs soon to harvest. A no brainer decision there. :)

I'm going to build 2s3p at first like jondoh's easy-peasy setup video, but may have to bypass BMS to do 3s2p like mlrosier if 56v isn't good enough for the 4011 coming in for my hill climb project. I'm told the 4011 doesn't really light up and shine below 66v-72v, but that it's awesome at that or above - 84v would likely be a winner there. I'm accused of driving granny-like on highways so speed don't mean a thing to me... just climbing power so we'll see. Can't wait!

I do have both a 406 and 5303 (phoenix racer). I power both using 6 packs. I have been experimenting with 10 packs-- I'll let you know it works.

6 packs is good for 20 miles at less than 20 mph.

I've been buying packs here and there over the years. I had one fail-- which i was able to have replaced for free. My main problem so far is that the packs can become unmatched over time. I've recently purchased 3 more packs to go with the replacement pack. I now have a good, well balanced pack.

I have only been monitoring pack voltages recently. After a ride, pack voltages used to differ by 0.5 volt but now with the matched packs, the differences are 0.1 volt. I believe I should get much better range. With the addition of 4 more packs (though this pack isn't very well matched) I'm hoping for maybe 17 miles at high speed.

it is the best alternative right now, i believe . and you can just carry spares.

Where did you purchase that crimping tool?

Tried finding something similar on Radio Shacks website, but no luck. :(

the tool in the video I got from work. It's pretty special. Home depot and radio shack should have a plier type tool to crimp red, blue and yellow terminals. it doesn't work as well as mine but it does work.

pwbset said:
Cool. I hope you don't mind, but I stitched those together and made them an h264 mp4 file for those who are lazy or use Macs/Linux (like me :mrgreen: ). 60MB/12:06 long...

http://justev.info/jondoh_milwaukee_howto.mp4

Exactly what I was going to suggest/do. However, that URL doesn't work for me. Could you fix it please, I really appreciate your work and would like not to have to repeat it :wink: :D

Thanks for the follow up on the crimper.

Wish their was one all-purpose crimper, but it looks like there are quite a few variations on the market.

One quick follow up question on the 'connector block' you purchase directly from Milwaukee, do you remember what those cost?
I'm working on putting a budget together, so I'm just getting my finance figures in order :mrgreen:

Thanks!

When i last ordered, they were $13 each. Prices are supposed to go up in july so buy them quickly! When I started this over a year ago, the blocks were about $8 each. The video has the part number and phone number to call to order. you can only get these from milwaukee tool.

jondoh said:
When i last ordered, they were $13 each. Prices are supposed to go up in july so buy them quickly! When I started this over a year ago, the blocks were about $8 each. The video has the part number and phone number to call to order. you can only get these from milwaukee tool.

Great! Thanks for the follow up.

On that 10 pack you're looking into, it that 2s5p?

Yes, i'm running my 10 packs at 2s5p. That's about 800 watt hours! I'm figuring on 15 miles (wide open throttle) and 30 miles around 20 mph. I can tell my 6 good packs like the company of the other 4 packs-- even if those 4 packs are a little long in the tooth (two of the 4 are from 19 months ago!) When discharged slowly, the packs stay fairly evenly matched which means everyone is contributing and there are no slackers. When i do go wide open throttle, i notice the bike is peppier with all 10 than with just 6. It's a little heavy at 25 lbs though. Plus it's a bit cumbersome to charge all 10 packs with just 4 chargers so I use 10 packs when I'm going on a trip longer than 6 miles (at full speed) or about 12 miles at 20 mph.

As a future investment, you might want to take a look at this three charger unit from Milwaukee (which I'm sure you're familiar with already).. http://www.toolup.com/Milwaukee/48-59-0280.html

I'm planning on getting two of these to start, with an additional one later in the year.

As for your 10 pack, I knew you were going to put one together, I just didn't realize you already had! Awesome!

The fact that you're incorporating older batteries is a testament to your garage engineering sensibilities (i.e. always on a budget) :mrgreen:
What type of controller are you working with for this setup?
I tried finding the information on your profile, but there was nothing listed.

Yeah, i already have the 3 bay charger at work plus 4 single chargers at home.

I have two bikes. a 406 folder with 20 amp controller and phoenix 5303 with 40 amp controller. i use the 6 pack with the folder and use either the 6 pack or 10 pack with the 5303. Here you can check out some videos i made on my setup:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4651

Wow... that 10 pack sure takes up space.

If I decide to go that route, I'm going to have to get creative :twisted:
The videos you've put together really make this whole process muuuuch easier to understand.
I've got my bike arriving sometime at the end of this week, but like you, its going to take time to put a pack together (shooting for September).

Back