possibly E biker slapped with Felony Charges in Fort Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh K. said:
even asking the police directly.

I talked to my local cop directly about it, he laughed in my face when I suggested a felony over an over-powered ebike, and asked if I was kidding.

He said the person would get a fix-it ticket if something were to be proven to be in-violation, but that in 15years of being a cop, he has never even heard of any cop ever having checked an ebike for anything, nor did he know of any cops that would care.

Josh, your a good guy. Don't worry about it. I sure don't think you meant to mislead anyone for an agenda. You heard something from a source you deemed credible, that struck close to those things you hold dear. You shared it with all of us...

Later it appears the original data was flawed. NO BIGGIE!

If I had to take a whack for every decision I made in my career on data that proved to be wrong later, well I would be whipped to death. They don't call it "the fog of war" for no reason. I was/am the type of manager that likes to keep things moving, and then refocus if the initial direction was a little off. Others prefer to do nothing until they know the data is 100% right... IMHO they never get anything done! Progress always has risks and rewards.

I wouldn't worry about this Josh.

I can also vouch for Josh, he is a good guy and helped me fix up my Ebike back in 2006 when he had a shop in Western mass.

You will get to the truth either someone is pulling your leg or there really was an arrest. I know you had good intentions.Hell I fll for the vampire story ...

Personally I live in fear of getting caught with my unregistered moped. If I lived in a small town I would think I would be turned in by some busybody complainer by now.

Josh,
Your friend may simply have a nut on his hands. This is why reporting on something which happened to you is great. Reporting on something which happened to a good friend is reasonable. Reporting on something which happened to an acquaintance of a friend is often of questionable value. Hopefully you will put this in the trash one day soon?
Lots of good stuff here to contribute to. As bigmoose says, on to the next project.
Thanks,

Josh K. said:
Okay, ok...

I do publicly apologize, as I have made a mistake, and broadcast this information without verifiable evidence. :oops:

I should not have said anything, but it really got to me, and really matters to me too.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to find out more info yet...Infact our local reporter, has not been able to find it either,
even asking the police directly. I know it seems odd, and unbelievable. I am sorry I said anything.

But, I do believe my friend, and will continue to request some more info. And, when verifiable, I will let people know what
we have learned. My understanding is that we may be able to meet with him, and learn more about the situation.

Josh K.

At least I will say when I speed off at 45mph, I realize I'm breaking a law by not having it registered as a motorcycle, but I also follow all traffic laws and generally operate in a safe manner... just on the shoulder. Heck, I don't even run stop signs like I do when I'm actually pedaling, for which people have been ticketed for in my area. A law is a law, no matter how stupid it is.

Josh K I don't know what your deal is but you are flat out wrong with your ebike felony claim. You must not know that to make wild claims you need FACTS to back it up. Didn't you learn citations in high school English class??

Better luck next time!

Jason27 said:
Josh K I don't know what your deal is but you are flat out wrong with your ebike felony claim. You must not know that to make wild claims you need FACTS to back it up. Didn't you learn citations in high school English class??

Better luck next time!

Josh K made a full apology in this thread for starting this hare running, so what's your gripe?

Maybe it's you that should have taken heed of what's been written here in this thread a few posts up by Josh K :
Josh K. said:
Okay, ok...

I do publicly apologize, as I have made a mistake, and broadcast this information without verifiable evidence. :oops:

I should not have said anything, but it really got to me, and really matters to me too.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to find out more info yet...Infact our local reporter, has not been able to find it either,
even asking the police directly. I know it seems odd, and unbelievable. I am sorry I said anything.

But, I do believe my friend, and will continue to request some more info. And, when verifiable, I will let people know what
we have learned. My understanding is that we may be able to meet with him, and learn more about the situation.

Josh K.

True. I've completely forgotten what Josh was saying and now I'm focusing on Jason27. Really Jason? Down under we'd call you a wombat, mate. Well actually we'd probably call you other things but I might get banned :)

Glad to see an apology for making up a ridiculous story.

Jason27 said:
Glad to see an apology for making up a ridiculous story.

How about an apology from you then, for assuming that Josh K hadn't realised he'd made a mistake (in good faith) and then had the decency to admit to it?

Ok you can stop stalking me now Jeremy Harris.

Absolutely hilarious! ................... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back