GNG, 1000W 48V BB-drive, $400

caijunze said:
Bro ... i've got the news about the new kit of Brushless motor GEN 2
Here Fresh from oven ( TODAY JUST MADE IT !!) even The GNG still havent put it in his web ^^
Wanna to know it ^^ ? I think GNG Mr Chan will sell it about $320 - $350
Below pictures
View attachment 3

Thanks
Be sure you leave the link to your NEW thread. I want to hear more about this mid drive!

crossbreak said:
Looks like my converted hubmotor. I guess it uses a planetary reduction as well so it might actually be 2-stage. The missing freewheel on the sprocket is also a sign for that.
but this way is it as louder and noisy as cyclone?

My GNG motor failed today.Damned!
One week ago I noticed how the freewheel on pedal crank was wobbly and today it finally broke up. Pedaling is not possible and chainwheel is rubbing against motor housing. This has caused one screw head to wear out. I'm going to buy another freewheel of better quality, but if it fails in one month I throw this motor away.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Electric-bicycle-parts-48V-450W-Brushless-Suits-for-20-26-inch-variable-speed-bicycle-and-16/601157_690215712.html
$296 include ship to my country

By motor, you mean entire kit, yeah?

Seems like the actual motor itself is the only component here that does not fail.. :p

Hm, so it's not waterproof at all either?

I'd say this kit is a fail.

I don't know if the holes on the flanged ACS-Crossfire freewheel from BikeMotive are a "drop-in" replacement ($17 + shipping), but here is the one I'd try out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACS-Crossfi...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4abe8ce650
$(KGrHqNHJEwE-uwKHetMBP)BRkF(!Q~~60_35.JPG

Here is the link for the heavy-duty "White Industries ENO" flanged BB-freewheel from "Sick Bike Parts" ($70 + shipping). It is a little louder with its clicking sound, but the bearings are a separate assembly that can be cheaply and easily replaced without replacing the entire FW. This is the one that's recommended for high-power applications:
http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=62
whitefw.jpg

bzhwindtalker said:
My motor is making horrible noise since some water got in the bearing.
Can you find out which bearings make noise, then you could try to find replacement bearings

Kai said:
My GNG motor failed today.Damned!
One week ago I noticed how the freewheel on pedal crank was wobbly and today it finally broke up. Pedaling is not possible and chainwheel is rubbing against motor housing. This has caused one screw head to wear out. I'm going to buy another freewheel of better quality, but if it fails in one month I throw this motor away.
My freewheel crank assy. has a good bit of run-out as well. It's a part of my chain-drop issue. Anybody have a link for a low cost quality free-wheel crank set?

Kai said:
spinningmagnets said:
I don't know if the holes on the flanged ACS-Crossfire freewheel from BikeMotive are a "drop-in" replacement ($17 + shipping), but here is the one I'd try out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACS-Crossfi...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4abe8ce650
$(KGrHqNHJEwE-uwKHetMBP)BRkF(!Q~~60_35.JPG

I might replace my busted freewheel with that. Also I try to adjust chain line to rear cassette by moving a chain wheel further away as in "cyclone", seen in a post by someone in previous pages
Great, link bookmarked! Id still like to replace the whole BB.

can anybody measure no load watt consumption on any bike, just how much watt to spin system in air plz

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=42785&start=60#p628197

full-throttle said:
Weights:
Complete motor assembly 4.3kg
Chainring assembly 1kg
BB 400g
Crank arms 530g

No load current with nothing connected @ 48V - 2.3A
No load current with 1st stage and jack shaft @48V - 3.6A
Jack shaft output @ 48V - 570RPM
so with 12/44 2nd stage no-load cadence will be 155RPM
1st stage is 14/80 and the belt is Gates

Anything else just ask

24s 12FET :twisted:
stripped.png

Worth it just to know what unrestricted feels like, really tempted to peruse high quality/power mid drive.

Iperov , I am using my 450W GNG with a 36V controller and 12s LiFePo4 ~39V, I have a Nuvinci N360 hub. With WOT and No load apart from the chain and N360 in a 26” wheel, the CA shows 108W. Out on the road climbing a lot of 10-15% hills @ 800W; my average power usage is 25 Wh/mile.

argh! why so much consumption as cyclone with hard inner planetary gear reduction... :(

I ordered two kits yesterday from Mr. Tao. I had to put the money for the kits into an account before they would take the order.
This morning I rec'd this e-mail from them.

Dear friend

sorry to bother you.

You have to wait a week for the item.

because the seller do not have that now.

If you need any help,pls contact us any time.

Best wishes!

Danny

The other interesting issue is that I don't know yet what the shipping charges will be. They ask you for more money when they're ready to ship. I'll let you know how long it actually takes to have the kits in hand. I couldn't resist this kit at $157!

coolest video!
but
WHYY gng have 80 watt no load consupmtion
WHYYY WHYYYYYYYYY
54469372.jpg

Back