18 FET Low RDS MOSFET Overclocker Ready LYEN Controller $199

Has anyone heard from Lyen recently?

Yes. I've been communicating with him whole week, ordered this controller, CA and whole bunch of little parts for my build. Which email do you have?

I've been in touch in the last few days- he's very busy at the moment again. Very popular (and helpful) guy. My controller died so it's on it's way back for resuscitation!

pm sent

Ok.....dont know why , but i will ask Public...

Send Lyen since 5.4. 3 Messages and one Email to Hotmail.
Last Message today....theres no Message in "outbox" so he read it. Still no answer....
I returned a Controller to him. Postoffice told me delivered on 10.4. ...no Info, no nothing.

i know everybody is busy. but i cant see the problem to answer in 5 seconds that iam busy and asnwer in a few days.

look at other Lyen Topics....the time to refresh the buyers list he has...
Ask in a Lyen-sell-Topic about available of buying a controller and you get answer 2 minutes later ......

thats not the ed i "know"... :cry:

i dont like to ask "the public" but thats not funny....but....what else can i do?.....

"i dont like to ask "the public" but thats not funny....but....what else can i do?...."

you sent the controller and he recieved it last week?

i think the only answer to your question about getting it fixed faster than he can do it is to repair it yourself. since you were using it when it failed you know more about why it failed than he does so it would be quickest to just fix it yourself imo.

dont know exactly what u want to tell me but when i had the know how or equipment or both i would repair itself.
the controller stops working not in use...i soldered bigger phasewires and after that the controller wont work...

sure it is the easiest way to tell someone -> ho ho ho so you have do something wrong. Yes....it looks like.
Iam not an elecitrc god, but i think i can solder 3 cables. i tried to use a thermistor inside controller...so i think there was the mistake.
i dont asked about warranty or something. i know i have to pay for that "service"...but that was not the question and theres not the problem....also it isnt the speed to repair the controller. I have time cos i ordered 3 new Controller too from him...

its all about communication.... in fact we re not talking about giving a favour...thats business. And i think it pays for lyen.
In germany we say: you get what you pay.....or: buy cheap, buy twice....
at this moment i dont feel both were the right description about lyen and his controllers.....

(i dont would waste time to write here when a 20-30$ KU controller wont work anymore....)

but let me know dnmun....whats an acceptable time to wait for a simple answer?.....(Answer! not a free repaired controller allready sent back)

If you have problem with the controller and you could just PM LYEN and ask him to repair your controller for you. That's what I did twice after LYEN beefed up my controller then been very reliable ever since. I trust him and I personally met Edward Lyen in person few times when I visited in San Francisco. He is very nice guy.

....8000 postings and thats your answer? :roll:

excuse me maybe my english is not good enough to read between a sentence.....

but when someone sends you a controller to check or repair...what would you do after you recieve the controller?

a: inform the guy that the controller arrives...you will check soon....
b: check the controller....inform the guy: hey...i checked what i can but i cant find what happened...i cant repair. send back to you or can i recycle?!
c: check the controller........and do/tell nothing....just read messages....
d: check nothing tell nothing answer nothing.....

i think D will not your choice? .....and please dont tell me C where an option for you....

chroot said:
If you have problem with the controller and you could just PM LYEN and ask him to repair your controller for you. That's what I did twice after LYEN beefed up my controller then been very reliable ever since. I trust him and I personally met Edward Lyen in person few times when I visited in San Francisco. He is very nice guy.

hey chroot,

thats what i did.....(didnt i wrote?)
i PM LYen, also mailed him....and i didnt send the controller without talking to him.

i asked what i can do, he told me some things to check...i checked what i can, and told him ok, i cant find out. please send me your address.
he gives me the address...i shipped and thats all....

the last answer i get from lyen was for 15 Days (!)

(i know hes a nice guy...thats why i dont understand why he didnt answer) :cry:

i guess it did not come across that he may not have an answer for you. he may not know what is wrong so there is nothing to tell you but more likely he just never got around to looking at it if it arrived last week. that was what i was trying to explain but i guess you are thinking he will just be in regular communication with you now that he has your controller.

Lyen is a one man shop and he's doing this as a labor of love part time. He works late every day at his regular job and he not only sells but repairs his controllers on his spare time. Repairs can take a long time. If he has no news for you, then he won't reply. It's best to just gently ping (not THAT ping) him once in awhile. It will take a while but he will respond when he gets the time.

Hi Andreas (Merlin),

I apologize for the delayed response due to excessive workload as well as Jury Duty for the San Francisco County in California. I will get back to you on the repair progress on your 12 FET controller soon.

Sincerely,
Edward Lyen

It is shocking that he doesn't spend 100% of his time doing only ebike business, and doesn't sit waiting for your work to appear. If I had sent him a repair to do I'd expect him to do your work first- it's only right.

He recently sorted out my controller, did a video of it tested- would I have liked it done faster?
I remember that he has other customers he has work for, possibly yours is behind many other jobs in the work queue because they were received before yours. Replying to emails with no real answer takes away some of his repair time- would you rather have him email everyone every time they contact him, or wait until he has some news to give and spend that down time doing the tests and repairs that you would like him to do?

And lets not forget there is a life beyond his business. You have one?

You chose your supplier. You chose your repairer. I think everyone (else) here understands he is a one man business. Do you think you'd get better elsewhere? Please go use them- at least you won't be slowing down the work he does for me and many other satisfied customers.

With that attitude you'd be put to the end of the queue by many people. And deservedly so.

Lyen has always served me well, sometimes he is very busy and will let you know that and get back to you later. but there is no better product or service IMO for or hobby than ed lyen. :D

Hey, see Lyen responded. 8)

I just wish you guys be patience with Lyen and He *WILL* respond to your PM or email.

Thank you Edward for the prompt reply today ( 1 hr, give or take) with the included diagrams from Crystalyte to Lyen.... motor turns forward now, and the three speed is a nice addition. I hope to put it on the road this weekend,

Hi there

Do you have any of the 18fet low RDS MOSFET Overclocker controllers?....and is it free shipping in the US?

Thanks

John

Back