FalconEV 19" triangle bag.

There are a three problems with that idea..

1. the battery will hang out over the bike's tube more, and therefore it may want to slip side to side more.
2. with narrower cranks, the cranks may strike the battery.
3. the front derailleur may make contact with the bag, though i'm not sure as i don't run one..

So it may be best to work within the confines already set up, if it is possible. On one of my bikes, the battery already slips side to side a bit, so that's already a problem :/

I always do this, shape the foam to fit and cut out the packs.

EAF13D41-FEA2-4C21-98AE-7ED9C62055FE-1215-000000FF948C45EF.jpg

The bag is perfect for 6 packs, but anymore packs, and you can't fit adequate protection.

Aw man, you're making bad use of the space.
I put 2x the packs in and had no problem.
I've dropped my bikes a dozen times and crashed pretty bad once.... no damage.

The handlebars, seat, and cranks end up taking the blow when you dump the bike.
And there is adequate padding on the sides and bottom.... i initially added padding to prevent chafing and stuff but found out that i didn't need it.

I agree...thats overdoing it to the extreme. Too many horror stories. Unless youre jumping off cliffs I wouldnt go that far

Some really cool modifications. Boestin I like your aluminium support.

I saw something like this on youtube, but here is my version of the poor man’s FalconEV triangle bag.

battery bag on table.jpg
battery bag open.jpg
battery bag on 500w bike.jpg
battery bad on bike top view.jpg

This laptop case holds 8, 6s 5ah Turnigy batterys but it is a little tight. I got the case from my brother who was throwing it out (garbage), then spent a few dollar on contact cement, velcro and velcro straps (Harbor Freight Tools, DollarTree). It works fine for commuting but I would not leave it on the bike anywhere unsupervised. I can get it off in about 20 seconds.

This is the E-S version of eBay feedback. Just because a few posts back someone was having some issues and I wanted to share my experience.

I ordered a bag and received prompt email replies, even on weekends. I mailed a money order very late on a Friday and the next Friday, a bag appeared (I am only a few states away). I was a bit nervous about just sending off a money order vs. a credit card/paypal, but as a merchant myself, I can truly understand the pinch of processing fees.

The quality of the bag is decent for the money and looks like it will be a good fit on my large frame bikes. I have not installed it yet, and will post again when I do. I am played with various battery configurations now. I am used to a rear rack or front rack, but am looking forward to the mid mount. If nothing else, this is a pretty cool cargo bag.

I can understand that there may be the occasional hiccup in service, but just wanted to let folks know that I did have a positive experience and I would order a bag from them again.

So getto.... :lol:
Revelant Designs makes some REALLY REALLY good full frame bags. High quality cloth and zippers, excellent waterproofing. Several frame sizes. EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT! take a look. I have a 18" tangle that holds 4 6s lipos for sale for 40, half price and as good as new. Gimme a PM if youre interested.

no direct sale though. You have to go through a sponsored bike shop like

http://www.bikeparts.com/

https://www.revelatedesigns.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=store.catalog&CategoryID=1

sacko said:
Are they not accepting Paypal anymore then?
I think they do (at least the website says they do.) They probably would have if I had pushed it, but I think they tack on a fee to cover their own charges if you pay that way. It doesn't seem like much per transaction, but at the end of the year.... :shock: holy cow :shock: does it add up.

I ordered and used PayPal for my falconev bag. No problems with the ordering or shipping whatsoever. The only odd part was that he asked me to send the Paypal payment as a gift so he wouldn't be charged a fee. Normally I don't think I would do this, but I've purchased from him before...

posting it as a gift drops a fee that would normally be applied. I did this with him too.

Same here. A little odd on the sellers part but why not, right?

That bag is not going to last very long hanging like that. :shock:

Your destiny will soon involve buying a new bag or looking for another solution :mrgreen:

100volts+ said:
That's what everyone says. I don't take advice from anyone though. I am the master of my destiny.
:lol: Nothing like sticking your head in the sand.

Nothing like sticking your head in the sand.

That is what my Scientology master said people like you would say. He said,"The negative aura surrounding you is not conducive to good karma." ...or somthing like that. However, I will be the early adapter to prove that advanced bag technology is the wave of the future.

Great, let's see your advanced bag then, because the one you have is the same one that multiple users here ( even mentioned in this thread ) have ripped doing exactly what you're doing.

Perhaps you have some 'body thetans' messing with your thinking.... :mrgreen: :lol:

I'm actually hoping it will make it to August 2. That's my birthday and the day I get to buy TIG welder, tube bender, and an annular cutter. Then I can craft a custom down tube. Plan C is screwing in an aluminum plate to the bottom of the top tube and welding a 1/4 inch by 1 inch aluminum bar that goes from the bottom of the top tube near the front forks curving around and down to the seat post tube near the bottom bracket.

Two weeks of daily commuting and the ultra high tech falcon EV bag is doing fine with no down tube. Only three weeks left until I get my own tig welding machine.

Just bought one and my battery is in the frame! Hope it can carry all my goodies.

sacko said:
I always do this, shape the foam to fit and cut out the packs.

EAF13D41-FEA2-4C21-98AE-7ED9C62055FE-1215-000000FF948C45EF.jpg

The bag is perfect for 6 packs, but anymore packs, and you can't fit adequate protection.

Nice tidy configuration, but can your controller breath in that bag?

Back