Gender?

• Male

Votes: 107 95.5%
  • Female

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
Now that I think about it, are there any chicks AT ALL on this forum?

It isn't like we're crude or talk a lot of macho trash here. I don't think we do anything to drive them away. They never come here in the first place.

Women just aren't interested in nuts and bolts stuff the way men are, at least not in any significant numbers. I kind of wish they were, but they're not.

I used to have a girlfriend who wouldn't even sit in the car and push the pedal when I was trying to bleed the brakes. Thank God my wife is good about stuff like that. She'll even go with me to the junk yard on occasion, but I don't push it, because I'd feel bad about passing on clothes shopping expeditions, which give me an eye-glazing after 20 minutes.

You guys forget BrendaEM. Perhaps our only female member?

She hasn't posted for a while.... perhaps we drove her away.

This would have made an awesome april 1st: "In order to make the forum more attractive to women, blah, blah. New candy pink and unicorns theme for the website & forums."

There's not a lot females into electronics. The most "engineering" geared females I've come across basically wanted to do civil engineering(Another wanted to do chemical engineering), but not too many seem interested in the "hard" sciences. One hypothesis is that the standard deviation in mathematical/scientific abilities is less for females, so there's substantially less females at relatively high thresholds that many scientific fields are thought to possess.

Like electronics. By the ways, I'm sure there's a far greater percentage of females riding Wal-mart electric bicycles among the electric female bicyclist's crowd, since they're just the "Buy and Go" variety with little to no assembly required.

There's a user (commanda) who signs off with "Amanda". I presume another point to the ladies.

Can you imagine a girl lecturing about the various battery chemistries? Not that there's anything wrong with that. I fear this state will return to haunt me.

I know of a girl in my engineering class who's studying mechatronics, but she's quite a tom-boy from what I've noticed.

Sputnik :idea:

I'm sure this poll reveals more about gender & polls, than gender & ebikes.

I'm right across the street from a campus w/50,000 students. The engineers of course parade around at the start of each new academic year (wearing their hard hats, so easy to spot versus all the other students.) Anyway, point is that at last head count about half of the engineering students were women. So I expect EVers will see more women "aboard"... EVentually.
tks
Lock

Lock said:
EVers will see more women "aboard"... EVentually.

In the paragliding world it's common knowledge (very grudgingly given at times) that women make superior "pilots" than men do. In a finesse sport like that it doesn't pay to be heavy handed etc. I feel the ebiking can take a similar finesse with all the wiring trickery and coaxing of amp hours and feeling the e-systems etc. I sure know that women notice my ebike a LOT more than men do when cruising around in public and believe me it ain't cause of my looks or anything. :?:

Whoa...someone checked "Female"! :eek:

pwbset said:
I sure know that women notice my ebike a LOT more than men do when cruising around in public and believe me it ain't cause of my looks or anything.

How do you know this?

Link said:
pwbset said:
I sure know that women notice my ebike a LOT more than men do when cruising around in public and believe me it ain't cause of my looks or anything.

How do you know this?

:lol: Only because every time I go to the grocery store or bank or restaurant girls are the only ones that come up and ask about it. Who knows... maybe it's because I do "girly" things like the grocery shopping and banking. :wink:

pwbset said:
Link said:
pwbset said:

How do you know this?

:lol: Only because every time I go to the grocery store or bank or restaurant girls are the only ones that come up and ask about it. Who knows... maybe it's because I do "girly" things like the grocery shopping and banking. :wink:

Potentially. Or because guys are less likely to ask. :?

I've actually had only one person ask me about my bike (a guy in a car while I was at a stoplight). "What does it run on?"
"Batteries."
"How far?"
"Not far. The batteries suck."
"How fast?"
"Little over 30."
"Nice."

Link said:
Or because guys are less likely to ask. :?

Living in a town of 7,000 people where the majority of construction worker men drive F-250 or higher trucks may also have a lot to do with it. Most of the women are massage therapists and yoga teachers. Hmmm... what kind of freakish place am I living?!? :shock:

pwbset said:
Link said:
Or because guys are less likely to ask. :?

Living in a town of 7,000 people where the majority of construction worker men drive F-250 or higher trucks may also have a lot to do with it. Most of the women are massage therapists and yoga teachers. Hmmm... what kind of freakish place am I living?!? :shock:

Doesn't matter, because it's probably better than the multi-million population of the city I'm living in; nought but dumb gangsters and bad drivers. :roll:

Lock said:
I'm right across the street from a campus w/50,000 students. The engineers of course parade around at the start of each new academic year (wearing their hard hats, so easy to spot versus all the other students.) Anyway, point is that at last head count about half of the engineering students were women. So I expect EVers will see more women "aboard"... EVentually.
tks
Lock

Nothing like some good ole' affirmative action.

uhh guys, face it. WE'RE GEEKS! :lol:

This gal I work with calls me Data from the movie The Goonies.......

:D

Len

I think TD and shinyballs Avatar drove them off. Don't think shinyballs is an appealing phrase either lol.

The crowd over at the 'V' is definitely different than here. The 'V' is like an enthusiasts' picnic at a state park, while E-S is more like a biker bar. :p

K

Back