Electra-punk

recumpence said:
Cool!

Your box shipped out yesterday "Express Mail". It is guaranteed to be there next Tuesday. :)

Make sure you get a build thread started on that Agni bike. I am interested in seeing that too!

Matt

Thanks Matt though I have no faith in the postal system delivering any of its promises. I can get stuff to my doorstep faster from Chain reaction or hobby king china than I can from the neighboring states in my own country, but by far the slowest is usually from US/Canada. And even when they guarantee it and its late they blame it on customs :lol: . Either way thanks a million :wink: .

Etard the slipper clutch does slip from time to time(when I really give it curry). It is an odd feeling, and coming from a racing background I find it hard to ignore and keep powering on as usually feeling that meant back off before you cook the clutch pack contaminate the oil and wreck the engine. I have tried locking it out and the amps do peak higher, the bike doesnt feel like its lost alot of power by having it slip, but it makes a dramatic difference to the Amp peaks it was pulling.....so it does its job well. There is a video some pages back of when I first got it rolling to show the size of it......I will get some pictures in the future.

thanks grindz145

There will be a thread for the agni bike but it wont start till after christmas

Rodger

updates on the first page

Added a photo of the charger lead

Added photos of the new davinci drive bracket and fan cooled 3220 8) ......Thanks very much Matt.

The new bracket sinks ALOT of heat away from the motor, it is just about uniform temp with the motor can. Due to my motor not having any room between the end windings and the front of the can I was only able to drill inside of the rotor gap.....well I was too scared to drill in and see if Id hit the windings LOL. The fan doesn't flow massive amounts of air (very much due to my limited amount of opening) but it blows enough that I can feel it exhausting hot air once the motor gets warm. I think a good comparison would be a dremel at full RPM....about that much air. What I can say is it makes a definite difference to the motor heat, I got bored of being abusive testing it to see if it would over heat, it just stabilized at 60degC and didnt move any higher, though anywhere where I could of coasted, I was instead keeping the motor spinning to keep air moving through it.

I think if you were in the market for a 3220, you would be silly to pass up the big shaft, big bearing, fan cooled model Matt is producing.

Ill hopefully get a few videos in the next few weeks.

Cheers

That is very good news, indeed.

I have a few new things up my sleeve as far as additional cooling is concerned.

Anyway, I love this bike. I am sooooo glad the heat issue is resolved. :)

Matt

Wow, this is really nice! :shock:

Almost all stainless too! 8)

Can't wait to see it go!

Wow,
Jay

sounds good mate! makes me wish I had the $$ to front for what sounds like a near bullet proof motor!
Any thoughts on the possibility of running the fan of a small low watt high rpm motor, like a blower fan off a laptop or something? that way you'd have continuous cooling even when stopped, at the cost of just a few watts or so? removes the drag of the fan off your driving motor too (though I doubt its enough to warrant the 2nd motor for this reason alone)

Amen! ra!

:wink: ,
Jay

I considered electric fans. However, with the drive pulling heat from the motor can, you do not need additional cooling at rest.

I would not object to electric fans, though. :)

Matt

rodgah said:
either/or. I guess the electric fan would be beneficial at idle/not running, but then is there a fan that runs on 50V? if not then you need a DC/DC....it gets complicated. plus who can deny the lure of more CNC :wink:

With the fan ( if you decide to use a one ) you could use 4 tiny (1" ) 12v fans and wire them in series then you would not need a DC/DC converter. just a thought :D

wow! i've seen your builds before and have to say - beautiful welds! i really like the style of this bike especially. i have never been a huge fan of rc drives but can definitely appreciate the time put into such a build. i know the hv160 is rated around 7.5kw and it seems like you might be close to that? it looks pretty fast - and good handling too! if possible could you tell me what kind of wh/mi you get riding like in the video compared to taking it easy and averaging 25-30 mph?

jansevr said:
wow! i've seen your builds before and have to say - beautiful welds! i really like the style of this bike especially. i have never been a huge fan of rc drives but can definitely appreciate the time put into such a build. i know the hv160 is rated around 7.5kw and it seems like you might be close to that? it looks pretty fast - and good handling too! if possible could you tell me what kind of wh/mi you get riding like in the video compared to taking it easy and averaging 25-30 mph?

Yeah all of the 7kw and more, hitting the cut off sometimes (160a @ 50V) its at about the limit I think the frame and forks can take for long term use. I wouldnt have a clue what the wh/mile would be, I have never really rode it more than maybe 10km's at one time. It has no battery in it now for me to test, it is getting a makeover soon with a small 12s1p 8ah nanotech pack when i have the funds, as I never ride it far and its just too intricate to clean all of the time.

John in CR said:
Great epunk ebike! Nice to see someone else man enough and rides careful enough to let your toes breathe.

thanks John, haha I am sure I have other videos of my toes out in the wind.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wR2KKu1ASg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khr2tfEc06M
14kw toe action there :lol: I obviously care about my head more than my toes

Cheers Matt, you need some lipo on your bikes :p

Back