Greyp eBikes

QuietRush

100 W
Central Coast + Hunter regions, NSW and ACT (occas
I noticed that the covers were finally taken off the Greyp last night in a London launch, see http://greyp-bikes.com

Interesting set of electronics used for the rider display, consisting of:
- biometric recognition/signature for a range of riders
- dynamically calculated range algorithms

Still seems to be a few voids under the carbon fibre side covers..

Will be interested to see the reactions to this one, seems to have a few interesting evolutionary step-ups in commercial eBikes

At an estimated 6000 Euro or 7900 $US (source), it is a better value than the Stealth (Bomber or Fighter) ebikes.
Still expensive compared to what a motorcycle (non-electric) offers, but within the ebike industry it is a step in the right direction.

A more refined product with appropriate information display center. Bravo !

Very nice!

Love the switch. "middle finger can activate speed mode" 8)

Ypedal said:
so this is Hal's work after all ?... i was gonna call shenanigans for a while there..
I did double-check :)

The idea of Greyp came to life when Zvonimir Sučić, a well-known designer of high-performance electric bicycles and motorcycles, joined Rimac Automobili as a mechanical engineer in 2010. Zvonimir developed and built electric bikes since 2001. in his garage with the help of a couple of friends as a hobby. His first production-bike, the Greyborg, was delivered to 27 countries but still remained an after-work hobby for Zvonimir. Mate Rimac liked Zvonimir's creations, but he didn't like the technology under the skin so he decided to design a bike after his standards and present the idea to Adriano – the man that designed the Concept_One. With the help od 6 Rimac Automobili engineers Zvonimir, Mate and Adriano started to design the first Greyp from ground up – this was the 12th bike in Zvonimir's bike- designer career. The G12.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/04/rimac-unveils-greyp-g12-electric-bike/

beautiful ! great video - well done :)

Tempting for a production solution. Great for people who do not want to mess with building one themselves. I am a bit skeptical about the range though. 120Km on 1.3Kw is pretty tough especially at 110lb bike. I would say you need double that to do it comfortably.

Wonder if we can upgrade it to a 50-60mph ebike down the road and how easy it would be to do so.

mvly said:
Tempting for a production solution. Great for people who do not want to mess with building one themselves. I am a bit skeptical about the range though. 120Km on 1.3Kw is pretty tough especially at 110lb bike. I would say you need double that to do it comfortably.

Wonder if we can upgrade it to a 50-60mph ebike down the road and how easy it would be to do so.

You do realize that if you are worried about range going 50-60mph will only get you a few miles before the battery is dead... if things don't burn up first.

wow! nice find, i had no idea a new one was even in development. maybe there wasn't any talk or leaked pictures until they had a relatively completed design. the features like the fingerprint activation seem a bit over the top but its still a cool idea and will definitely get it attention. im also happy to see that they have made their own battery module. for the size, 1.3kwh seems very reasonable! a bms is definitely a plus as well! the price seems a bit steep but in comparison to stealth, $8000 seems like a fair price especially considering the added features and more power from a cro motor!

greyp_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

greyp_naked.jpg

i also just noticed that the voltage is only 64v (hence the relatively low top speed of 40mph). but for 12kw at that voltage that's over 180amps! seems like it would be rough on the battery...but they still claim a "minimum life of 3000 cycles while still maintaining 80% capacity." the batteries are a123, i was unaware that such high amp draw was possible from cells like these...maybe they are new/redesigned?

jansevr said:
wow! nice find, i had no idea a new one was even in development. maybe there wasn't any talk or leaked pictures until they had a relatively completed design. the features like the fingerprint activation seem a bit over the top but its still a cool idea and will definitely get it attention. im also happy to see that they have made their own battery module. for the size, 1.3kwh seems very reasonable! a bms is definitely a plus as well! the price seems a bit steep but in comparison to stealth, $8000 seems like a fair price especially considering the added features and more power from a cro motor!

greyp_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

greyp_naked.jpg

i also just noticed that the voltage is only 64v (hence the relatively low top speed of 40mph). but for 12kw at that voltage that's over 180amps! seems like it would be rough on the battery...but they still claim a "minimum life of 3000 cycles while still maintaining 80% capacity." the batteries are a123, i was unaware that such high amp draw was possible from cells like these...maybe they are new/redesigned?

i don't know so much about this bike ,i was watching an online video and came across it,i still don't understand why it has 12kw with such a low speed ,but i think the speed setting could be changed because i can see a large kelly controller in there,also price range and features in comparison to the stealth electric bikes is very reasonable but i also want a larger kwh something like 2.5kwh as a minimum if i have to purchase a bike like that .

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53255

Nice work Hal and the 'borg team.
Looks like a very nice turn key product and I love the screen. The side covers look better than the current ones too, though I agree seeing the frame exposed around the outside still lacks something aesthetically. Even if the covers wrapped over the top tube in one piece it'd look better from the riders point of view.
Not sure on the name for the western world... does it mean something in Croatian ?
Sounds like a dangley fruit that grows in bunches :p Still, I suppose Apple are doing alright for themselves :lol:

definitely better value than STHEALTH Bomber or Fighter.
intelligent integrated system with custom display interface.
To develop something like that cost money for sure.
It is rare that you can see web site presenting ebike in so much detail, maybe except motor origines.

Nice features, package and price!

The covers are full, doubling the battery just wouldn't fit and would add a lot of weight. I have 24 pounds of lipo and almost 1.4kwh on my Cromotored Greyborg, and it is excellent for most trips. I do daily commuting each way of 13 miles with 1200 vertical feet of climbing and use 65% of the battery, and under 50% on the return trip with only 600 vertical feet of climbing (on 18S 20AH Lipo, 6kw/30 mph peak, 25mph average). Going slower on level ground with a 250W setting would give LOTS more range.

40 mph is already getting aerodynamically lossy with a bicycle, going 50 or 60 mph for any distance requires a battery that weighs about as much as this whole ebike, requiring heavier wheels, brakes and frame, and enters into motorcycle territory.

Just to clear it out :

Greyp is finished product , ready to go, with top class components and sophisticated electronic systems

Greyborg line is a platform with components that are complicated to be build at home for DIY projects, and with much more economical prices

Both lines will be offered for a long time, and more and more different components will follow.

Looky, somebody put wheels on a saxophone case.

Great technology, consumer ready and all... but I have to admit Chalo's analogy is right.

The looks follow function, which I always prefer to the other way around. One function I do see omitted, is a rear fender.

Chalo said:

frock me Chalo, either say something nice for once or don't bother replying. Like you could do any better. Every post you make is filled with hate and negativity...this community thrives on encouragement and help.

Do you get some sort of kick out of constantly putting others down? Is your life that bad that misery loves company?

Top job on the bike guys, as a former Greyborg owner myself I am glad to see this in production.

Congrats to the team on this little beauty! I love it!

Back