Aussie, Brisbane & goldcoast people

Hey John, thinking of going for a ride on the trails near your place on Saturday.
Any one else?

Just got invited to go to the Gold Coast 600 tomorrow, only comes around once a year and haven't been to it before.
I'll try to get out for a ride next weekend, usually working weekdays.

oldhaq said:
Just got invited to go to the Gold Coast 600 tomorrow, only comes around once a year and haven't been to it before.
I'll try to get out for a ride next weekend, usually working weekdays.

no excuses needed. Have a ball. I'm knackered today anyway, did about 40km around midnight. Great fun when nobody on the road.

We've been doing lots of riding up the mountain with Newb. It seems too hard to organise much more than that.

I might try posting here when I will ride and who ever wants just drop in...

I'm going for a ride this afternoon. Will be doing firetrails... Anyone want to come let me know.

I'm into 30 minute power rides as below.

[youtube]3oUV-u-S_v0[/youtube]

Happy to the above return home recharge in a couple of hours with a chat and beers and then do it again.

Anyone around the bayside area or just Brisbane keen to meet up? I'm in Wynnum but I'll travel anywhere I suppose :p

Im in, see you there

must be about time for another meet up
boondall train station/wetlands then on to redcliffe sounds good
bayside over kev's way sounds good too
16th or 23rd this month?
put in your suggestions...

16th is out for me but how about we go for a ride in the Redlands on the 23rd? Rendevous at the Cleveland train station at 11:20am. If anyone needs to buy lunch, we can get it on our way to my place. After a bite to eat and a chin-wag about ebikes, we could set off to Victoria Point and Redland Bay along the foreshores returning to Thornlands then Cleveland station.

oldhaq said:
must be about time for another meet up
boondall train station/wetlands then on to redcliffe sounds good
bayside over kev's way sounds good too
16th or 23rd this month?
put in your suggestions...

I'm down for both dates :) KEEN! Anyone been to scribbly gums national park trails? At Cleveland, It's amazing.

I should be able to go to both the dates. Redlands on the 23rd is better for me and Redcliffe on the 16.
Alex.

23rd sounds like the go then.
Cleveland station at 11.20am

Also very keen to take a ride through scribbly gums, http://www.organisedgrime.com.au/ScribblyGums.pdf

oldhaq said:
23rd sounds like the go then.
Cleveland station at 11.20am

Also very keen to take a ride through scribbly gums, http://www.organisedgrime.com.au/ScribblyGums.pdf
That is easily arranged, Oldhaq. If anyone wants to drive to my place and go to Cleveland station from here, PM me. I'll leave from home at 11:10 to arrive at the station at 11:20.

I'll be away for work on the 23rd, but looking forward to the photos and the next one.
Both my MAC kit and batteries have been sent. The batteries should be here this week and the kit will be however long they take. :D

XLR8 said:
That is easily arranged, Oldhaq. If anyone wants to drive to my place and go to Cleveland station from here, PM me. I'll leave from home at 11:10 to arrive at the station at 11:20.
I'll go to your place then, and try to get there around 11am I suppose.
Going by replies it looks like there might be 4 of us so far.

Is anyone getting there by train?

Hi Guys

I noticed this thread, rather then look like a dick on big forum i thought i would introduce myself with people in my own backyard.

Anyways im from Cleveland Brisbane, Currently Building a ebike but researching my options, go Wild or just conservative
I'm no Downhiller just want a bit of fun.

Drop me a Message if you have some input on good bike to build, Budget is not a factor, rather spend little more then fry shit having to spend more in long run, or friggen walk home
I have workshop full of engineers so have shit to beef up tracks and wire, for some series current

cheers

Going to be at the GC this coming weekend, 11-13th.

Will be meeting up with a few others for a ride along the water edge at a leisurely pace and all are welcome to join us.

This will be saturday avro, a specific time and place is to be determined.

Hope to see you there :)

thewmatusmoloki said:
Fair bit of "waters edge" around here ......

Good Point!!

Plans as of now:

Originally there were to be 4 plus, whoever else is kind enough to join us.
Currently the plan is to meet up about 3pm'ish (the other 2 guys have to work) at Broad Beach/Pratten Park.
I am happy to meet up a bit earlier if that start time is too late for some but I need to be back there fully charged by 3pm.

The Rides: 1 full size bike, 2 folders and 1 drift trike.

Back