how many dabble in radio control

I really haven't invested much time in "RC" but I have an Air-soft(Plastic-BBs) tank that I equipped with a wireless video cam. :twisted:

I have plans in the future but I'm not going to elaborate.

I've been flying RC for over 25 years. I have a bunch of planes, all electric now. Last winter I built an all foam Extra 300 that is powered by five A123 cells. The motor draws 50 amps and it climbs vertical easily.

Emma.jpg

- Brad

nice foamy and great thing is it will take several "oh crap"s since foam is so easaly repaired

Been flying R/C planes now for about 30 years. Too many to remember let alone list. Everything from .10 to very large scale 120cc gasoline powered. No electrics in my fleet.

the 120 cc a scale warbird or more of one of those crazy 3d hover over the runway 1 foot off the deck jobs

I have a few gliders, a few powered planes, a discus launch glider or three, and about 10ish RC cars. Mostly solid axle crawlers. Crawlers are my thing for sure. I spend most of my time on RCCrawler.com/forum

I build and fly and compete with carbon fiber and kevlar gliders. fly a few electric helis and other powered planes. I did the rc car thing as a young teenager. I probably keep a dozen or so r/c toys on hand. That background has helped make the transition to e-bikes somewhat smoothly. A lot of my RC stuff has faded into the background now because of the e-bike.

I've had a bunch of RC cars over the years. Started in Buggies, then raced touring car for awhile down in LA. Moved to Chicago and got into 1/8th scale nitro buggies.

It was the RC stuff that brought me into to the ebike world. I saw a post on one of the threads on what people were doing with the batteries with a bike and knew right away what I wanted to make next. Now I spend more time with ebikes and have left the RC stuff to gather dust, but I still keep a running blog and check up to see what's new. The micro RC stuff is pretty cool, as well as UAV, FPV/RPV, and DLG's. Stuff like that always brings me back into it.

I started flying rc back in 84'
Made the transition to 12th scale carpet racing. That kinda died out & I do enjoy 10th scale off road. Buggies more than the trucks. Have one GT asociated also, thats fun.
Still enjoy scratch building small balsa airplanes & crashing them at the local schoolyard when I have time for it.
Been on a 5 year hiatise from small toys.
Big toys take a lot of time.

About ten years ago I walked into the hobby store at the mall, came out with a Traxxas 4-tec and every goodie I could find for it. It wasn't long after that I started modding it, ripping random electronics apart looking for better motors, etc. After a few months, it would go around 80mph, drain the batteries in a couple of minutes. The only problems were that it would get out of controller range in a split second if you weren't careful and it was pretty much directionally uncontrollable at anything over 1/8 throttle. It also seemed magnetically attracted to curbs and light poles! The only place I could find to play with it was the mall parking lot but they eventually asked me to stop because they were scared it was going to damage something. I ended up totaling the car a few times and rebuilding it but eventually sold it for gas money. RC performance potential definitely sparked the EV interest in me.

Back