[POLL] How do you use your ebike?

What do you mostly use your e-bike for?

• Utilitarian transportation (commuting, groceries, errands)

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Work-related (deliveries, paper route, meeting clients)

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Pleasure riding (cruising, off-roading)

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Exercise

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Pissing off cyclists

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

mlt34

100 kW
We all probably do a lot of these, so pick the one that the majority (or plurality) of your time on your ebike is spent doing. I'm using this poll for an article about ebike usage that I'm working on.

zener said:
All with exeption of the ''pissing off cyclist''.

Is there one category that you use more than the others, or does your usage break down into pretty much exactly 25% of your time spent in each category?

mlt34 said:
zener said:
All with exeption of the ''pissing off cyclist''.

Is there one category that you use more than the others, or does your usage break down into pretty much exactly 25% of your time spent in each category?

No, its variable. I have selled my car and use only ebike but have access to carsharing. :p

I selected “Other” to indicate inclusively all possible forms – other than pissing on people, a perhaps poor choice of words.

MIA: Proof-of-concept demonstration, engineering/research, resume example, and touring ← uses which I have applied in the past and present.

Onward through the fog, KF

Strange poll question(s) IMO.

I use eBike for 2 things - commute work and riding for pleasure/errands. WTF else is there, other?

Well, I guess 3 things if you include enjoyment/hobby from building wheels, chassis setup, fussing with controllers, motors, components, chatting on discussion boards, etc.

I think KF made a good point about WTF other reasons people might use ebikes.

And the pissing off cyclists was probably a poor word choice, yes. I meant it as a joke, as in how inevitable the spandex-wearing, uber-cyclists riding bicycles that cost more than some cars seem to always hate us just for doing what we do, riding an ebike. You know, the people who look at ebikes as 'cheating' instead of as one less car on the road.

I thought of giving some roadies a pull, but it would probably be hard to stay steady and they probably wouldn't want you messing with their ride

Yea, the pissing off cyclists thing was meant as a joke. I'd remove it now if I could. Seems it sounded much funnier in my head... :?

Back