Electric "tough bike"

23297491c3e816_l.jpg

It's a bit darker tone, the flash messes it up here...

Meanwhile, the bike got almost finished, carbon battery covers etc.
238133638b652e_l.jpg

But then I bought scooter hub motor, 1500w
Then removed the rim and welded lasercut rings for spokes.
Should be quite fast motor, as it's meant for 12'' rim. I'm using 20'' one.

238133598621ac_l.jpg

23813361796cf9_l.jpg

Nice build!!! More power was a must for that bike :!: Well done :wink: Very interesting the motor transformation also :D

Hello again, I haven't posted any updates for a while. Today, I managed to get new controller/motor combo working. Those chinese sine wave controllers are a bit tricky to set up, because there's no proper documentation.
First, I managed to test 36 phase and hall combinations with two controller self-learn settings only to discover, that first one was in fact correct one and motor jerking was self-test. Then, I discovered, that one of the hallswasn't working...
So I dismantled everything and replaced the hall.
Today afternoon the bike was doing its first moves. But no regen. Great...
I read somewhere, that regen wire should have 12V input and minimum of 8V. So, halls have 9V and it worked...except it still didnt brake, just interrupted throttle.
On hour later, I had cracked it - "self learn" has to be disconnected. After that, perfect regen.

I'm very happy with result, the bike is great joy to ride. The controller is 60A continuous, 100A burst, it's really quiet, just slight whistle from motor (I guess it's air turbulence between magnets and poles), it pulls really strong and smooth and regen lasts to almost dead stop.

Controller is that one:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/24-mosfets-48-72V-60-100A-3000W-sinusoidal-wave-brushless-controller-Suit-for-1000-2000W-DC/2018435975.html

I actually got it for free, since it took very long to arrive, more than 2 months. I claimed the money back and received the controller a week later :D

Back