Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to EVERYONE at E.S. !!!!!

Nice sentiment Matt, back atcha.

Merry Xmas All!

-JD

Merry Christmas ES!

A post-season musing for the stoic among us
My mom, now 92, was never much inclined to conversation, and even less so now. But I was home for Christmas and I guess a few words were needed for the occasion, of the dissembling of the giving tree. As it turns out, its the most profound thing she has ever said to me. And I was, after all home to remember some precious childhood memories. "Richard, we need a vacuum cleaner in here!" Yea, I know, but the gift is always in the eye of the beholder. My retort is that there is no vacuum cleaner big enough for all the debris. Of course, we'll not want to say such a thing during the momentous seasonal buildup, especially as so much of annual GDP is dependent on the extravagance and generosity of our shared annual ritual exchange. But, there is always the downside of things, and I know you know what I mean. Yea, we do need a vacuum cleaner, a machine, capable of the cleanup, he thought as the carpet came clean. If only the ingenuity of mankind were applied in some greater capacity....

I'm getting over a cold (I hope); most likely all I will be doing is resting up. (had planned on going over to some friends' for dinner but I don't want to get them all sick, too)

If I feel well enough I'll be finishing up a regular pedal bike (my old Schwinn Sierra) as a present for Bill.

Other than that, I'll be being crushed under a couple of big dogs as I lay here in bed. ;)

I wish you all much fuzziness and slobber.

Er, well, Tiny and Yogi do, anyway. :p

Enjoy sharing Love and Kindness today, and on the 364 other days as well.

theory is that he was born in march actually. but about 200CE a group of north african christians decided december 25th was the best time since they could share the same enthusiasm as the romans did for Saturnalia, the roman soldier's holiday. that way they could be celebrating and the romans would not be the wiser about their christian celebrations 'in the closet' so to speak.

now 40% of the US economy every year depends on the cash flow from his mysterious and often doubted arrival here on earth.

Have a happy Christmas Dennis,
dnmun said:
theory is that he was born in march actually. but about 200CE a group of north african christians decided december 25th was the best time since they could share the same enthusiasm as the romans did for Saturnalia, the roman soldier's holiday. that way they could be celebrating and the romans would not be the wiser about their christian celebrations 'in the closet' so to speak.

now 40% of the US economy every year depends on the cash flow from his mysterious and often doubted arrival here on earth.
You might be in danger of reading to much into it in comparison to the modern celebrations.

Cheers mate,
have a good one.

And your seasons greets are now legal in Texas. Amid the hailstorm of protest, the state has decriminalized your right to YOUR holiday of choice. Some are griping that now guaranteeing constitutional rights makes it harder to take them away. What a dangerous precedent, eh. This could start a movement.

Merry Christmas, Happy Haunakah, plus whatever unknown Kwanzaan equivalent I could add.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/12/18/4412724_dont-mess-with-marry-christmas.html?sp=/99/106/386/&rh=1.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/24/opinion/cevallos-christmas-greetings-law/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Back