Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to EVERYONE at E.S. !!!!!

The fingers said:
Not to eat, we're eating deep-fried turkey
Don't forget to watch this first:
[youtube]8t2dwPTnsyA[/youtube]

and ham from Honeybaked. :lol:
If you shred or grind up the big end chunks of that (if it's a fullsize spiral-cut type) then you can stick them in a crockpot with tomato puree, brown sugar, paprika, nutmeg, teeny bit of cinnamon, garlic, black pepper, chopped onions (fry them first if you like), and anything else you like, and let it cook overnight, and it'll make some pretty decent pork barbecue.

dnmun said:
theory is that he was born in march actually. but about 200CE a group of north african christians decided december 25th was the best time since they could share the same enthusiasm as the romans did for Saturnalia, the roman soldier's holiday. that way they could be celebrating and the romans would not be the wiser about their christian celebrations 'in the closet' so to speak.

now 40% of the US economy every year depends on the cash flow from his mysterious and often doubted arrival here on earth.

The letter "J" didn't exist until ~500years ago. First edition King James bibles don't contain the word Jesus. They used an old term "IESOUS" as his first name. Unfortunately, some regions knew "IESOUS" means "hail Zeus" already, so a quick name change to "Jesus" was made for the next printed copies of the King James bible.

Christ has been a title for an enlightened being that predates Christianity by a few millennia. Christ isn't a name of a person, but a label for a state of being.

The foolishness with names has no bearing on "Jesus Christ" being an awesome and real guy. Likely an Ethiopian buddha, and definitely coal black skinned. Some Pope in the middle ages launched a campaign to alter the paintings and sculptures that showed Christ black. Divinci's father-in-law (or whatever relation) was the model who posed for being the new face of Christ when the Catholic Church wanted to get into the black slave trade industry. If you do a search for any painting or sculpture of "Christ" that predates that Pope, you find the man has cornrows for hair and coal black skin. A resemblance strikingly similar to old Buddha statues.

Xmas is without a doubt the optimal peak time to get as much unhindered street riding possible.

Eskateboarding and/or Longboarding shines today more than any other day! :twisted:

Just sitting here reading this...Thanks Y'all...Merry-Happy

She's adorable. :)

I was gonna do that, but neither one of them will leave them on long enough to snap even a really blurry pic, or to do more than get a few frames of video of them shaking/pawing them off. :/

About all I managed was some pics of them sleeping, and of Yogi laying down right after eating, near where I was taking pics of a friend's present I've been building, while Tiny cleaned both their bowls quite thoroughly, and repeatedly. :)

Now they're both snoozin' next to me here.

Attachments

• IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 2,586
I ate way too much great food these last couple of days. Feeling the need to work it off with a long bike ride in the crisp December air.
Also glad the days are getting longer again.

Let the sun shine on your Holiday and may your EV adventures be safe and Merry!

Merry Christmas E-S!

That's my 7th Christmas with you guys and all the next i wish!

Enjoy great time with your familly and friends!

Best wishes!

Doc

Ypedal said:
Just got back from a 25 km ride on the Fatbike in pouring rain on christmas morning.... life is good.. just wishing i had my dog to share it with.
Gaston, have a safe and happy Christmas. Thanks for sharing Sandy's life with us on ES.
She seemed like a great dog. I can easily see why she was loved so much.

@Ypedal:

I know how that feels; but I have to say that the best thing I've ever done each time it has happened is to dive back in and rescue another one (or two, or...).

They're never the same as the ones before, and comparisons are inevitable and everyday, but it's WAY WAY better than being alone, for either you or the dog. :)

Trust me on this one.

Dauntless said:
Not such a great year, so I wound up spending more for family than Toys for Tots. You guys took up some slack there, right?
More like Toys for Toto for me...though food rather than toys. :)

Just spend the last couple of hours getting dozens wrapped. And what I want for Christmas is to forget there's no reason for optimism on my part. Can you imagine what a great gift that would be?
Yes, I can. (the only presents I have here for others were mostly paid for *by* others, as I couldn't afford anything they wanted, and havent' had time or energy to *make* any of the stuff I wanted to.

But so far, the present I would want the most, of Tiny (and Yogi) making it thru another year with me, has happened despite a few times (including most of this month) that I wasnt' sure that would happen.

My holidaze spirit is always dampened by the crap that goes on in retail, and the way people treat each other in public wherever I go (in stores, on the roads, etc) during this time, with a few exceptions they're either indifferent or outright aggressive or horrible to each other, and even the nicer ones are usually far too impatient.

I don't have but two immediate family members left, one here with me at the house, and the other up in Seattle area.

My "tree" (salvaged from tossed out signage at work, and modified a bit with the only lights I had left from all the family stuff we used to have before the fire) and my trike are about all the decoration I have managed this year.

If I can find where I saved them I'll post the pics of the dogs and the trike and tree....or take new ones tomorrow. :)

Merry Christmas Everyone! It's been truly great reading all the threads and learning about people, cultures, and ebikes from all over the world. Also look forward to showing my cousins what an ebike is. Have a great holiday!

Merry Xmas everyone, may your EV grin be everlasting. :mrgreen:

-JD

Best present I got is that Tiny appears to be just about over her fever and is a lot more active/interested than anytime in this illness, nearly normal, other than her probably unrelated gimpiness.

After that, the video skype session between the two of us family here at the house, and my older sister still up in Seattle area was the next best.

I couldn't find the pics I took before so I took new ones, of Tiny and Yogi with "max antlers", teh "tree", the SB Cruiser trike with holidaze decoration on foglight and antlers on mirrors, and Yogi opening one of his presents (a stack of cat food cans, which have just enough in them for a treat for him (or Tiny, who didnt want to open her own stuff):

Attachments

• IMG_2967.JPG
    IMG_2967.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 2,143
  • IMG_2970.JPG
    IMG_2970.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 2,143
  • IMG_2985.JPG
    IMG_2985.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,143
  • 1225152148-00.jpg
    1225152148-00.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2,143
So I sure am surprised at all the cashiers saying 'Merry Christmas.' Even the flight attendants.

And notice they haven't moved a thread by this title to toxic---YET.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/22/politics/donald-trump-war-on-christmas/index.html

Back