I know that if I don't put these guidelines up here, someone will point out that they don't exist and try to exploit that.
Posting on Endless-sphere.com is a privilege, not a right.
We reserve the right to delete your posts and/or ban you from this forum and/or Endless-sphere.com without prior warning.
It is your responsibility to read and follow these rules.What can not be posted here?
1. Links or information leading in a topic, post, reply, or your very own profile that contain pornographic material, get rich quick scams, religious debates, link farms, advertisement for sexual enhancement drugs, or anything else the community or myself considers to have nothing to do with this forum. Those accounts will be removed from this forum with haste.
2. Please keep all advertisements for items which are relevant to these forums in the Online Market section http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=23
3. Posts, topics, reply, or profiles which go beyond simple expression of opinion and edge toward unfounded accusations will be removed. Repeated problems with a user will result in account termination. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but don't take it too far.
4. When all else fails, just use common sense. We are all adults here, so let's keep the community focused on why everyone comes here. Everyone wants to exchange ideas and information with other people that have the same interest. The last thing we want to do is sort through tons of spam topics or post that have nothing to do with anything here.
5. NO FORUM BOTS ALLOWED!!Use the REPORT button
There is a report button in the corner of each post. If you see an avatar, signature, or text that violates the site rules or you would just like the administrators to review it, PLEASE report it. Only the administrators can see reported posts and we really appreciate the help. There are many new posts each day and we can't see everything. We depend on everybody to keep these forums a useful resource for EV enthusiasts. (If there is no report button it means that post has already been reported.)
You can be banned from the Endless Sphere Forums for violating any of the posted rules, or ignoring specific instructions from the administrator or any moderator. Continued abuse of the Forums or attempts to get around a ban will result in banishment from access to the entire website. If your username is banned understand that it is banned on the entire site. You will not be able to post anywhere.
Any user with more than 3 (active) warnings will have their account deactivated for a month. Repeated problems can result in a permanent ban from this forum. All warnings expire 90 days after being issued. General Dos and Don'ts
DON'T post for sale or wanted "ads" in the Forums - Use the Buying and Sellling Section ONLY
All threads regarding money, wanting and/ or selling of goods must be in the online market.
* You buy and sell at your own risk
* Posts are pruned after 90 days of inactivity
DON'T use the Tech Forums for personal conversation or argument; use email or private messages. The tech sections are for just that, post with some tech in them. Post your build threads, technical questions, how to's, etc. Tech should be related to Electric Vehicles only, not internal combustion.
DON'T post non-technical comments or pictures in the Tech Forums, they will be removed at the moderator's discretion
DO take administrator and moderator warnings seriously
DON'T abuse site members on the forums, or through email or private messages
DON'T create more than one account for any reason. If you have multiple accounts
it may lead to deletion of ALL your accounts
DO take responsibility for your own posts, because we will notPosting Messages Dos and Don'ts
DO use the search button before posting; your question may have been answered
DON'T post nudity or graphic images, link to them using a NSFW warning (Not Safe For Work). No nudity is allowed on the site whatsoever.
DON'T post personal attacks based on sexual preference, religion, nationality, race, etc
DON'T post abusive, inflammatory, or threatening messages
DON'T post messages for the sole purpose of attacking a person or company or just to start an argument
DON'T use excessive profanity
DON'T use obscene or abusive language or images in avatars, usernames, or signatures
DON'T use insult or ridicule other members in your avatar or signature, this includes using another member's picture as your avatar
DON'T post the same message in multiple forums
DON'T post SPAM about your website, business, eBay ads, or Endless Sphere classified ads
DON'T post someone elseÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s full address or phone number without their permission
DON'T double post two messages in a row; edit your original message
DON'T post complaints about a forum or moderator; contact site administrators privately.
As a general policy, we discuss moderation-related topics only via private contactForum Etiquette Dos and Don'ts
DON'T use excessive punctuation, smilies, annoying or unreadable text colors, or bold text
DON'T post in ALL CAPS, this means you are yelling
DO think before you type; remember you are dealing with real people and you are not anonymous
DO lurk before you post. Read the rules and some existing threads. Locate the search button
DO respect other people's time and bandwidth, you are not the center of cyberspace
DO use the private message button or email for personal discussions
DON'T abuse the quote button; include only as much as is necessary for context. This includes pictures
DO limit the size of your signature or you will lose that privilege
DO help ensure a useful post or thread
DO stay on topic
DO use a clear subject line; subjects like "LOL" or "Look at This!" are unacceptable
DO provide enough details or pictures in your question so that people can help you
DO post in the correct forum
DO help others. A forum is a community which works best when people share information
DO welcome newcomers to this community and correct mistakes in a courteous manner