2S Lithium Protection Board needs activation before working

noweare

1 µW
Hello all,
I am building a 5 volt battery pack and using two li-ion batts in series along with a dc-dc converter. I purchased a 2s battery management board,
here is the link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KYZ5R2G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Even with fully charged batteries there is no output from the board. I have to apply voltage to the P+ output in order for the board to output battery voltage. Is this normal. I have been trying to find a board where it does not need to be activated but reading the comments on these other boards buyers report this problem.

Just wondering if this is normal.

Thank you.

I think that is in the title so the product gets selected when someone searches and uses the term "arduino"
No bearing on it's actual use.

If the battery voltages comes below the minimum threshold, the BMS will disconnect the output. It assumes you will charge the batteries using those terminals as well. So, once it's activated, it should stay like that. The BMS board is seen as a part that stays with the batteries, so it's likely normal and shouldn't interfer with normal use.

I have to activate even if the batts are fully charged. So each time i have to activate if I want to charge something. Wierd.
I put a momentary switch between B- and P- so that kick starts it without a charger. That works.

Back