!!SOLD!! 4kW (72V, 25.6Ah) Surly Ice Cream Truck Fat Tire Bike (HPC)

jonsully

1 W
Howdy! I've decided to sell the monster I've put together over the last several months. It's an XL Surly Ice Cream Truck with 4.8" wide Knard tires, several upgrades (Rock Shox Bluto fork, Race Face handlebar, full rear rack with Ortlieb City bags, kick stand, etc.), and a 4,000watt electric conversion kit from HPC Bikes (over $4,000 on its own) running a 72V system. The battery is 72V nominal by 25.6Ah of capacity. Head unit is a Cycle Analyst from Grin. I haven't tested 100%->0% range but I estimate it to be between 40 and 80 miles depending on riding style; 40 miles being full-throttle, throttle-only, max speed.

This bike is pretty radical. Acceleration is intense and it pretty quickly gets up to its max speed of 35mph, with me on it, at least. I'm 6'4" and 260lbs so I imagine the max speed may be higher for someone without as much mass! It is an absolute blast to ride.

The bike is currently configured for throttle only. It does have brakes that have built-in motor kill switches (neat) but they're not configured or setup. With it not having pedal-assist configured, it felt needless to get the brake cutoffs going. And I don't know that it really needs pedal assist. The motor and its max speed are far beyond the scope of normal pedaling, so I personally have found that just riding this thing with throttle (and ghost pedaling if desired... or if it makes other folks around you feel better) is the way! The controller does have cables / ports for all these extras but they're all currently capped and sealed. All the traditional drivetrain components (chain, gears, shifters) work fine, they're just not doing much 😉. Includes 4A charger.

This whole rig is nearly brand-new. I'm the only rider and I've taken it less than fifty miles... the tires still have their factory fingers! It's an awesome bike and an absolute ton of fun, but it's just a bit too much bike for me 😅 I'm more of a pedelec and slower anyway. This thing rips and is fun, but it's more juice than I need!

BTW: HPC uses this same motor for several different configurations they sell. It can support up to a 84V nominal battery (I believe a 23s system?) and controller (motor max is 96V).

Forgive the mud in the pictures! Cleaning that off here in a few hours. Located in Columbus, OH. Don't really want to ship.

I got a great deal on the bike and some parts, so I'm passing that along as best I can. A stock ICT + HPC conversion would be over $6,500. I'm asking $3,000 OBO.

Attachments

• 1710184733575.jpeg
    1710184733575.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1845.jpeg
    IMG_1845.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1846.jpeg
    IMG_1846.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1847.jpeg
    IMG_1847.jpeg