Adaptto Max E Configuration Problem

vipertriplex

10 mW
My Spring Frankenstein has come to life. Yes, "ITS ALIVE, ITS ALIIIIIVE!!!!
Except with a bit of constipation perhaps.
I picked up on a Cromotor and did the Adaptto Max-E shuffle all the way to the workshop. The installation of the two was one of the many challenges I had to face but I think I pulled it off quite nicely.. Im more the builder then I am electronics guru so hopefully someone has come across these tiny nuggs of pleasure in their travels.
The problem I am having is in regards to my readings that just don't seem to make sense to me. Namely, Temp, Battery Capacity and speed...
First problem I am having is in my temp readingView attachment 2
Reading 321 in a room temp of 75
I ran a Motor Detection that was successful. immediately following the test the system shut down due to what I believe to be a temp trip in the motor the reached its 330 mark. 5 minutes later, system comes back up. Below are the images after testingIMG_0429.JPGIMG_0430.JPG
The next problem Im having is with the battery capacity. The pack I am running is a 86V 18AH 60A battery. Fresh off the charger and dropped in only reads 41% capacity remaining.
Lastly is my speed. From my calculations I should be getting a lot better then 60MPH and seems to be governed there, is that the case?
Any help you guys could offer I would greatly appreciate...
Thanks again and Happy Holidays to all

when using an ntc 10k temp sensor as in the Cromotor you will only get a true reading once the temperature inside the motor goes over 29 degrees centigrade due to software restriction. I pressume that the 32 shown in the photo is Fahrenheit, which i think would read zero if changed to Celcius?.. Also make sure tou have changed the temperature pull back and cut off to around 120*C

Also be careful if just using autodetect as sometimes the values for angle correction and ind timing can be wrong and you will be running a warm controller an motor. Take it very easy at first when you test ride and keep an eye on mosfet temp and motor temp.

You need to update the capacity when fully charged in the menu by pressing 'reset and full charge'

60mph sounds pretty good if its a 9kv Cro. Have you tried turning up the OVS setting to 7?

Also, there is a dedicated adappto thread on this page of the forum, you will get more reponses from owners on there.

Thanks Brum, appreciate you getting back to me... This is actually my first Adaptto build and their online manual reads like like stereo instructions.. Impossible to make any sense of it so I'm just mostly guessing as well as info I'm picking up from others such as yourself. Nothing beats first hand experience...
I watched a very informative video by Stephane Melancon from NYX on Advanced Adaptto Setting that I plan to exercise the second I manage to iron out the remaining bugs...
He goes into great detail concerning fine tuning and yes, the OVS to get the most out of your system...

As for the temp sensor, I just can't keep it running long enough in order to get it hot... The shut down I am experiencing is coming from a low battery trip. Cant understand it... I have to have a wrong value someplace... I am going to try the reset as you described and perhaps that will do the trick...

Thanks Again

This menu is quite handy... https://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=189588 its more conscise than the manual and the first page gives you a display menu map.

If you are getting a low battery message then i suggest you will need to read through the above menu list and chexk all settings.

The other thing you could do on the adaptto owners thread to is post up screen shot photos Of every page of your display so we can check your settings.

My first Adaptto was a couple of years and I did a walkthrough with DR. BASS
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cmNtBS-n9k[/youtube]
He does a good job of explaining the workings...
Hope it can help you as well..

Back