Anyone interested in a 1985 VF500 Conversion or parts?

__Tango

1 W
In the 2009-2011 timeframe, I converted a 1985 VF500 from gas to electric using an Enertrac MH602 10kW motor and Kelly controller, and 7kWh (36 x 60Ah) ThunderSky LiFePO4 batteries. It was a great conversion and I rode it pretty consistently until early 2019, then put it in storage and never rode it again. I need to give up my storage space and I'm likely done riding (too many other things to do), so I'm looking to part it out or sell it outright.

Since the initial build I converted the controller to a SevCon Gen4 Size 6 but never got it tuned well, so ended up getting a Kelly KLS8080I sinusoidal controller which worked great. The batteries are beyond dead since they haven't been charged in 4 years and had a BMS on it that had a small vampire load. I was going to replace the dead ThunderSky batteries with a set of around 4kWh of Enerdel batteries that I purchased as well. The Enerdel batteries have never been hooked up to anything and last I checked are still happily holding a charge.

For a short time, I kept track of the build in a blog (electriceptor.wordpress.com), and on youtube (youtube.com/playlist?list=PL009745FD6E1D8B3A).

So, if you're interested in any or all of this, make me an offer. The bike is located in the Bay Area, CA. It needs to go in the next 10 days or so.

Back