Battery Breakup

Techn0Mage

1 µW
I have 4 senior scooters with large 24v and 48v 10ah batteries. The metal cases are fine, but the plastic ends shatter with vibrations as they are driven on mostly smooth surfaces. The biggest problem is that it is the business end with the lock, key and plug. It exposes most of the electronics. I had to make emergency repairs at the airport using duct tape recently. The looks I got from the TSA and multiple trips through the scanner were impressive. These are distributed and sold by multiple outlets and by MotoTechUSA. Unfortunately they are not answering phones or emails at present. My models are SCOTE-24250 and SCOTE-48350. All use the same chassis and battery design but different motor/voltage configurations. The cost for these batteries is about $250, if available (not currently). Anyone else have these problems? Really love these cheap ($750-1200) fold up mobility scooters, but having the same problem in 4 different models/versions leaves concerns.

Can we see some pics of the scooter and the battery encasement ?
Welcome to E.S. good luck.
By using the attach files just below you can add pictures directly from that or add pictures from your files.

I looked them up I really like the way they fold up. At least the one I looked up. I didn't want to start a chat line with him but I can't even find what type of batteries they have inside ?

Back