Can I change my bike’s BMS?

dan114

1 µW
I got an Olympia ex900 e-bike,and I lost the bike’s battery’bms. And it’s 36v 25ah,I don’t know where to buy the same BMS to replace. The motor is Ananda M81. Can I just to use other 36v BMS to replace the previous one?Will there be an agreement between the battery and the motor?

The picture show the parts I have now
P2 is the BMS I lost
IMG_0211.jpeg
IMG_0765.jpeg

Did the original BMS comunicate with the controller?
You could temporarily hook up the required voltage to the controller and see if it all works.
If it does then you can use whatever BMS you like.

Did the original BMS comunicate with the controller?
You could temporarily hook up the required voltage to the controller and see if it all works.
If it does then you can use whatever BMS you like.
Usually it's easy enough to count wires or terminals connecting the battery to the controller. If that number is two, then the controller doesn't care what's up with the BMS.

Depending on how your charger and controller are set up, it might not be important to have a full BMS, and instead you could use an active balance board. If your charger won't exceed the battery maximum voltage, and your controller won't keep going past the battery minimum voltage, then the only relevant function left for the BMS is to maintain cell balance.

But if you need any of the other safeguards, then definitely use a BMS. I prefer the common port style so I can use the battery's charge plug to run lights etc.

Back