Electric the new paradigm /now with SB scenery+boat drives

Voltron

1 MW
You really get the feeling that e-power it's really turning into a thing when you're on one pretty normal day taking someone's motor wheel home for a rim replacement on your e-cargo bike...

IMG_20150902_174726.jpg

Then taking that same bike and putting it in a solar charged electric tool boat ( bow and stern remote control trolling motors, you can drive it from the dock if your brave enough...Lol.. with big enough inverters to run multiple power tools at once) to go across the harbour to work on a guys electric drive

IMG_20150901_141551.jpg

And then coming back from getting food (my neighbors are always bribing me to go on runs so they don't have to park downtown), running into the guy with this bike on a tour up from LA, and going the next morning for a romping 30+ miler showing him the local s-turn ebike paradise that is Santa Barbara. You know when out of the corner of your eye you see a Farfle swingarm, 17 moto wheels, ventilated Cromotor, and Sabvoton controller rolling thru your town you gotta go say hi!

View attachment 1

It's been a fun couple of days!

That was me incredible ride and I'm uploading the video now. =)

[youtube]fKNqRVJ4Qic[/youtube]

Right on man! Glad to hear the rest of the trip went well... it was a blast running into you.

For anybody who doesn't want to crank the tunes and hypnotically recreate the ride in your mind like I am, there's some good highlights at about 3:40 (creative camera work), then 7:30 to 8:10 ( good smiling faces thumbs up-ing moments) 11:05ish for a little chatting, then a good couple of minutes at the end around 14:00 of me apologizing for getting lost and missing the best curves before we ran out of video....lol. But we sure had a romping ride the rest of the way to top of the mountain. It was so cool having another bike that could cover the 30+ steep up and down miles at a fun speed! Good on you friend!

Voltron said:
You really get the feeling that e-power it's really turning into a thing when you're on one pretty normal day taking someone's motor wheel home for a rim replacement on your e-cargo bike...

Wow Voltron, that looks like an amazing cargo machine. It seems like Santa Barbara is pretty hot in the ebike department, with at least a few of the serious endless-sphere members living there. I'd like to come down the coast and visit. In SF I pretty much only see OEM bikes except for on meetups organized through here.

Your cargo cruiser looks pretty interesting too! It's pretty much the same here... evolutiongts was the first guy I've really seen just passing thru. And that bike has turned out really well.. On the old Yubas the rack unbolts for switching to dragster mode... but not sure that was what they had planned....lol.

Here's some more of the same route we took, the final 1:30 is pretty scenic.

[youtube]FQAOSU6-LgY[/youtube]

And then the roll back.... this part is all motor off jamming :)

[youtube]XShgunSoW5o[/youtube]

This is a different day, (we didn't have video rolling for this part when we went), so you just have to imagine evoloutiongts's shadow there too...

And here's a couple of pics of the kind of diesel replacement e-drives for boats that I take the e-tool boat to...

drive.jpg

drive2.jpg

This one is an experimental genset... using the motor to directly start the generator so there's no 12v starter system..

genset.jpg

..control panels.. just a testing layout.. a real install is a lot prettier.

panel.jpg

I was looking back at a couple of those vids... I have to say that represents a pretty crazy amount of speed and range over some steep terrain. It wasn't all footage from the same day, but evolutioniongts and I covered all that plus more in one ride, at those sorts of speeds, with battery left only because I was late for work ... almost turned around a few times but couldn't make myself...Lol. And nobody else prob noticed, but in the first one there's about 4 good minutes of standing up no hands at top speed mixed with some regular no hands, behind the back double thumbs upping :)
If you look close you can tell I like locking the throttle on and then grabbing the back of the saddle with both hands in an aero tuck.. so hypnotic.

Back