First build: 12S, Single 6374, Hi5ber Zenith

SteveS said:
RogerD said:
Very nice build. I'd be very interested in hearing your measured total range and top speed. Thinking of building a board like yours but currently trying to correlate the effect of higher voltage, lower mah setups vs lower voltage higher capacity setups.

I don't know if I'll ever hit its top speed. It was still accelerating hard when I released the trigger at 28mph and I don't think I'll ever go faster. Range depends on conditions and riding, of course, but I seem to be able to get about 12 miles out of a charge doing the same type of riding as I was when I was getting 5 miles on my Boosted Dual+.

I'd think range is proportional to Wh, with slightly more range at higher voltages due to higher efficiency. Perhaps more knowledgeable members will correct me if that's not right. At any rate, My Boosted had 99 Wh and this board has 44.4v x 4.9ah = 218 Wh.

Nice one , thanks for the detail. It really helps, particularly the range. I agree with 28mph being far more than enough. I have done 34mph once, according to my phone GPS. That was a one off, down hill. My max on the flats on my setup is 24mph and I avoid that as I don't have a helmet.

I'm not surprised about your wheelspin. It's a beast of a motor. Have you thought about disabling reverse to make the braking smoother?

Back