Friction Addiction

Pranav.ptl

1 mW
Hello!
Ever since I saw the commuter booster I am addicted to trying to build one for myself!

Why
Cause I need a little assist on my daily rides (around 20km a day) especially since I don't want to get to school all sweaty!

Challenge
- Horrendous record of bikes being stolen in the city I live in.
- The whole system except maybe brackets and wiring should be on quick release. Essentially a removable motor, battery and cycle analyst; while the wires, throttles and controller stay. (the Controller would be in a box that is screwed to the rear brake bolt holes or welded down... (I will use only a front brake)
- Keeping the bike light weight. (hence the https://sites.google.com/site/commuterbooster/home style system)
- European laws! - I would need to be able to switch between street legal and private road use. (will worry about tire wear and rain later)
- Stock parts only (or minimise customization except wiring)

Spec Minimum Requirements
- Motor - 192kv 63mm brushless motor (sub 100euro)
- Cycle Analyst V3
- Controller to be able to handle all this and with a direct connection to the Cycle Analyst hopefully. (around a 100euro)
- A 2 - 3 day charge capacity (if this seems realistic but we shall worry about that later).

Progress So Far
None - lol.......... Actually, have trawled the internet and come up with these solutions to the above...
1) Motor
Turnigy 6374 192kv or 170kv - But need hall sensors for the same (ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOW?) - I found http://e0designs.com/products/hall-effect-sensor-board/, but the external install while easy, doesn't cater to the easy removal system I need
or
Alien Power 6374 170kv brushless with sensors preinstalled (ANY REVIEWS ON USAGE ON A DIRECT FRICTION WITH THE MOTOR BARREL?)

2) Cycle Analyst
The system seems to be perfect for me.
But:
Need to be able to have all cables consolidated so I can in one plug connect it all (Amphenol with a bayonet?) Does anyone have experience with them, rating capacity etc? What wire specs do I need to use for each connection part of the CA?

3) Controller
Ideally one with at least 120 A and up to 10/12S voltage.
I am thinking alien power but are they compatible with the CA on a direct connection or do I need a shunt? Is that ideal?
Open to other controllers in the 100euro price range.
any issues I would face with this controller?
While a dead start would be nice it is the last thing on my wish list.

4) Mounting bracket
Will use http://www.machinecrafted.co.uk for the mount - any reviews of his product? I am a little worried about the nylon or acetal usage.. or shouldn't I be, would all aluminium be better?
Also any ideas on a quick release for the same? I was thinking maybe a hybrid on how the add-e has a permanent bracket on the cycle with a slide in for the bracket on the motor.

I look forward to your experience, opinions and recommendations on the above!

Thanks.. I had thought about go-e but really the only thing that appealed to me was the bracket (not that I have a better solution).

Beyond that battery capacity and the lack of any real-world reviews has me worried. Also being a Kickstarter-backed project, what if they folded and I can't service the product?
Still on the fence, about whether my project is feasible but wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty if all the stars start aligning.

So got a few things in place...
Keplers mount and a 63mm motor 149-168kv seems perfect..

Will run this on an 8s pack (upgradable but prolly won't need to) and am still looking for a controller setup.. Quite confused overall...

So either its a cheap 100a esc controller with a CA V3
Or
Vesc with Bluetooth
Or
Kelly style EV controller but they are large..

Would love to hear your comments for my predicament..

Back