How to build a individual 18650 battery pack, Example 12S8P

Status
Not open for further replies.
ecross said:
-I'm lazy to discuss stupid thinks with you, please go out here and do not lurk me. You have not a Hyperion 1420 and a 5 and 6 cells battery, and this set-up will not work on a 1420. That's all to you my friend, please writing your half wise statements in your threads. I'm out for a while.

So you say the manual is wrong?

PS: i know this charger because i'm in a model airplane club. On many graupner chargers it works the same and i have a graupner charger for my rc-model stuff

i just wanted to help ridethelightning because i had time to do this. nothing else, so keep cool!

Nice ''how to'' you're showing here. We should all say thank you for the work you put into this. Thank you.

But I'm a noob and I know better than to follow your ''how to'' on building with 18650 cells. I agree that with good soldering skills, you can build a pack with 18650 cells without noticeable damage to the cells (sorry LFP) but all your cells rubbing against each other with nothing more than a twisted wire to hold them together looks a lot like the first 20S20P pack I built two years ago. Nothing bad happened with that pack but I did learn not to do it like what you're showing in here. Actually, I remember I did better than you because I had a way of holding the cells together before soldering the bus bars.

Well I have to thank you again for making me feel good about myself, because I realize that as a total noob I actually did better than a pro. Well... I mean better than you :lol:

P.S.: Sorry for being sarcastic but I'm French Canadian which means it's in my blood.

Good luck with your future builds.

mistercrash said:
Nice ''how to'' you're showing here. We should all say thank you for the work you put into this. Thank you.

But I'm a noob and I know better than to follow your ''how to'' on building with 18650 cells. I agree that with good soldering skills, you can build a pack with 18650 cells without noticeable damage to the cells (sorry LFP) but all your cells rubbing against each other with nothing more than a twisted wire to hold them together looks a lot like the first 20S20P pack I built two years ago. Nothing bad happened with that pack but I did learn not to do it like what you're showing in here. Actually, I remember I did better than you because I had a way of holding the cells together before soldering the bus bars.

Well I have to thank you again for making me feel good about myself, because I realize that as a total noob I actually did better than a pro. Wel... I mean better than you :lol:

P.S.: Sorry for being sarcastic but I'm French Canadian which means it's in my blood.

Good luck with your future builds.

Hi,

have you read my first post and have a look to my pics?

I think no, and sorry my shrink tube is clear because I can see to the individually cell label!)

( this means I have add. a shrink tube at every single cell, so I have a 4x times isolation between every cell minus case!)

-and also sorry for my open words I`m a Allgäuer whitch means its in my blood.

mistercrash said:
I agree that with good soldering skills, you can build a pack with 18650 cells without noticeable damage to the cells (sorry LFP)

I built many successful batteries by using a very powerful iron to keep the soldering times very short (before I knew better). However, that doesn't mean it doesn't locally boil/decompose the solvents in contact with the backside of the can metal as you solder, it's just below your threshold of observing the damage, and hopefully the damage is so mild the pack provides a long life of useful energy storage.

If you want to ENSURE all your cells have the best shot at a long life with no premature failures though, you should not be doing anything that boils/decomposes electrolyte anywhere in the can ideally. I realize as DIY pack builders we do the best we can with the tool's we've got available, and solder is the cheapest lowest effort path forward in making DIY packs.

dnmun said:
i think spacey has a nice ass and don't think it rude for her to show it off. but there is no place to click on it to enlarge it.

no need to be cross with ecross. he spent 30 years learning how to make batteries so he has the seniority on all of us in that.

+1

oneday spacey,even if it takes me 30 years,i wanna get me an avatar like yours but lifesize......

like that Idol song..."id sell my soul for you girl....... to get money to burn with you..... .... ....... ....in the midnight hour babe, more more more!"

Gee, just went through this again, what a twat. i give thumbs up for documentation but look at the way he treats people! Is that common with Germans? I certainly felt it when staying in Germany for a week. You call yourself a pro but do thing like most amateurs here. the whole batteries you build are nothing like pro stuff, nothing close to good amateur DIY:
Soldering cells - wrong
Stacking them in close proximity - wrong
No fusing - wrong
No protection at the top of the cell where strand from positive rubs against negative can - wrong
No structural strength - wrong
Duct tape - wrong
Unsecure balance wires - wrong
Using hobbyist RC chargers - wrong
Shrink wrap - wrong
F***ing bag as battery enclosure - wrong square.
Last, i wander where do you think your cells comes from? You think Japanese cells are made by Japanese in Japan? I am allergic to this kind of pretend smart ass breed.

madin88 said:
ecross said:
-I'm lazy to discuss stupid thinks with you, please go out here and do not lurk me. You have not a Hyperion 1420 and a 5 and 6 cells battery, and this set-up will not work on a 1420. That's all to you my friend, please writing your half wise statements in your threads. I'm out for a while.

So you say the manual is wrong?

PS: i know this charger because i'm in a model airplane club. On many graupner chargers it works the same and i have a graupner charger for my rc-model stuff

i just wanted to help ridethelightning because i had time to do this. nothing else, so keep cool!

hi madin88,

is the last post within your thinking, I think so, or?

Sorry here are much too much bubbler and only a few right ES-Members, I`m so frustrated and out here, sorry this is sensless.

ecross said:
hi madin88,

is the last post within your thinking, I think so, or?

Sorry here are much too much bubbler and only a few right ES-Members, I`m so frustrated and out here, sorry this is sensless.

...and you believe you behave like a right ES-member?

my comment about how to connect split packs to the charger was correct and not "absolutely wrong" like you claim. This is a piece of impudence!

I must think of all the attacking emails and pn you wrote me in the past. Im glad the mod had delete your bad entry in my thread.
This is no fun man :(
you really should learn how to communicate respectfully with other people and not as attacking as you do.

….there are some fools on the ES forum....you and many more!

agniusm said:
Gee, just went through this again, what a twat. i give thumbs up for documentation but look at the way he treats people! Is that common with Germans? I certainly felt it when staying in Germany for a week. You call yourself a pro but do thing like most amateurs here. the whole batteries you build are nothing like pro stuff, nothing close to good amateur DIY:
Soldering cells - wrong
Stacking them in close proximity - wrong
No fusing - wrong
No protection at the top of the cell where strand from positive rubs against negative can - wrong
No structural strength - wrong
Duct tape - wrong
Unsecure balance wires - wrong
Using hobbyist RC chargers - wrong
Shrink wrap - wrong
F***ing bag as battery enclosure - wrong square.
Last, i wander where do you think your cells comes from? You think Japanese cells are made by Japanese in Japan? I am allergic to this kind of pretend smart ass breed.

I resend that. Or just German love ? I would buy new cells from a vendor who would spot weld in parelle strips and do the series soldering and sense wires. Yes with big pro iron.

999zip999 said:
I resend that. Or just German love ? I would buy new cells from a vendor who would spot weld in parelle strips and do the series soldering and sense wires. Yes with big pro iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back