Mass Shooting in Christchurch Mosques/Free Speech

TheBeastie

1 MW
I wanted to just post on a popular local Australian forum forums.whirlpool.net.au about the "Mass Shooting in Christchurch Mosques" but there they are so biased that it is literally impossible to post an opinion on there and not get blocked.

All I said was I thought was Carl Benjamin also known as "Sargon of Akkad" on the subject was pretty good, but I got blocked for it.
I have been using all the power of my brain to politely chat about the subject on WP forums but I simply haven't been able to get anything through, even the most mundane posts, and as you can see on the WP screenshot situation really goes for most people on WP, not just me.
If you think Facebook is bad then you haven't seen Australia's Whirlpool forum site.
I encourage anyone who thinks this the Aus WP forums are useful (news/chit-chat, non-tech wise) to consider the fact they should not, WP is hopelessly biased on a level that is literally insane.

Carl Benjamin whos famous on Youtube for getting more ONLINE views than BBC goes over that issue on his latest video.
This is an incredibly peaceful and insightful video on the whole subject..
https://youtu.be/YF-cqvUUmfA?t=40

[youtube]YF-cqvUUmfA[/youtube]

^I think the issue with WP forums is they want to "LOOK" like they are a "complete forum" for everyone so people keep using it and coming back, but in reality, WP is useless and hopeless for non-ISP related information/chat.
Probably WP forums want to keep the "resale" $ dollar value of the forum up, more than anything else.
WP just want to try and appear relevant when they aren't and are not capable of being relevant or useful to almost anyone, at least for anything non-AU Internet-ISP related.

Whenever one of these shootings comes up...I am reminded of an interesting facet of the Paris shootings, Jan 2015.

There are over 100 mosques in France, and when the shootings occurred, the French police obtained warrants to raid THREE mosques. Like many events in history, the authorities have had concerns over a specific location due to the police efforts at preventing such shootings. However, until someone actually commits a crime, they are not allowed (in a relatively free society) to intrude into people's private lives (which is as it should be).

One thing that stuck out for me was that when the crime took place, the police knew exactly which three mosques that they wanted to raid (possibly from spies and informants?).

Conversely, that also means that the other 97-ish mosques in France had members who did NOT want to be involved in a violent jihad. Radicals on the left want to say that no mosque encourages terrorists in it (only a few rogue members who were in a secret splinter group, the mosque had absolutely no idea what was going on right under their noses), and radicals on the right want to imply that all mosques tolerate (and possibly even encourage) any member who spouts radical ideology.

I am reminded of incidents after 9/11 where Sikh shop owners were assaulted, under the assumption that they were muslim (they aren't). They are known to have beards and turbans as a custom. In history, Sikhs have been known to fight very bravely against Muslim radicals.

Oh, jeez, you wanted to post the views of a known right-wing, anti-Islam, conspiracy-theorist, described as "deliberately provocative" on a public Aussie discussion site days after one of their countrymen commited mass murder specifically Muslims, and they blocked you, assuming you were being a dick?!

Who would have predicted that? It's political correctness gone mad!

Punx0r said:
Oh, jeez, you wanted to post the views of a known right-wing, anti-Islam, conspiracy-theorist, described as "deliberately provocative" on a public Aussie discussion site days after one of their countrymen commited mass murder specifically Muslims, and they blocked you, assuming you were being a dick?!

Who would have predicted that? It's political correctness gone mad!

Amen brother.

I'm not super familiar with sargon of akkad, but i did watch the video before making a comment.

He takes a shit on white supremacists and collectivist mentalities that lead to violence in the video.
Then talks about how crazy people get after incidents like this.
And that the shooter labeled himself a eco fascist ( but was labeled as right wing ).
And that this happens to Christians and it doesn't get reported.
Then proceeds to point out that this bias is due to cultural marxism that the west is under.

Sargon sounds like a slightly right wing leaning centrist to me. I would bet that his fans are a lot more towards the right.

But anyway, the treatment on whirlpool is horrible to see. A lot of left leaning people are shutting out other opinions on social media outlets and this is slowly creating a 'left' internet, where there is a long list of approved and unapproved opinions, and a 'right' internet, where you actually get free speech, but the place is mostly populated by people with 4chan meme avatars.

The end result will not be less hateful and violent people in the world. It will create a fault line in western thinking, which is extremely dangerous historically. But you know, history repeats itself and we forget the mistakes we make.

To the guy who reported The Beastie's Sargon video as being vile:

Did you even watch it?

What exactly did Sargon say that is vile? Give specifics.

mark5 said:
To the guy who reported The Beastie's Sargon video as being vile:

Did you even watch it?

What exactly did Sargon say that is vile? Give specifics.
Exactly, that's why I posted Sargon because he >describes himself< as being slightly left-leaning centrist, which is the way I see him.
The big problem is human bias, humans are hopelessly biased. The issue is most people are incapable of not being biased.

Here is just a cut on a video (even this reuploaded cut has almost 1million views on Twitter) but the main video went viral on Twitter and its basically someone FULLY blaming Chelsea Clinton for the Christchurch shooting.
https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1106786965062479873
I think to more intelligent people this is pretty clear bias, that blamer-woman has let her personal bias completely take over her mindset and turn into someone brutally hating Chelsea Clinton for the shooting.

The day after the shooting a lot of people were directing anger at an Australian Federal senator "Fraser Anning". And it was top trending on Twitter, but I didn't notice or realize another day later that Chelsea Clinton was next in the top rating on Twitter because a lot of folks are so biased that they wanted to direct their anger towards Chelsea Clinton, of all people.

There is an argument that Youtube and other IP-streaming sites will destroy traditional mainstream media news broadcasters because generally speaking anyone can make such "chit-chat" shows and they are cheap to make, this is why the big traditional broadcasters love "chit-chat shows" because they are easy money.

But there is an argument that the major broadcasters are going to use the mass shooting as an argument to try and block as much of the internet as they can, including alternative chit-chat shows because that's key profit for traditional broadcasters, and these traditional media players all have the ears of the politicians so they can lobby them directly.
This is one of the reasons why CNN was key in getting Alex Jones deplatformed, even if arguably, Alex Jones was asking for it..

Here is another intelligent "chitchat" show with Sargon and Computing Forever, on these topics.
It's a Bitchute exclusive, more of these major alternative news sources are making their videos on platforms other than Youtube etc and Bitchute is one of their preferred homes.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/aGLFzkt3t7wm/

Bitchute was originally web-browser only but they do now have an Andriod app. Bitchute is designed from the ground up to be similar to Youtube but hardened against a centralized server system and is more supportive of free speech.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xamarin.example.BitChute&hl=en_US

Unfortunately you're right, from everything i am seeing. Facebook, youtube, etc are erecting larger and larger algorithmic walls between what content is being created and what end users see.

It is starting to look more and more like cable television.
There is also a liberal bias in moderation on sites such as twitter ( they admitted to their ideological bias affecting moderation decisions in a joe rogan interview ), plus government pressure to censor certain things, etc.. we also see the EU threatening to clamp on the funding source ( selling user data ).

The whole thing about being concerned about fake news is also probably a cover for engaging in even more censorship and social engineering than before.

It is a bad time to be part of one of these large sites as a content producer or consumer. It is an even worse time to be the operator of such a site. Even worse is to be part of a dying medium ( television, newspapers, etc )

Since quitting social media, i've been using the internet kind of like how it was used in the 2000's. Search for stuff, find someone's blog, read a few articles, shoot them a note of thanks via email or maybe even a paypal donation. It's actually kind of refreshing.

The internet was designed to be decentralized and i do hope the large centralized platforms take a kick to the nuts either way. The internet is not supposed to be cable TV, it's supposed to be public broadcasting on steroids.

Also, i'll check out bitchute. I have been rooting for DTube for a long time, but it seems like they lost steam..

neptronix said:
Unfortunately you're right, from everything i am seeing. Facebook, youtube, etc are erecting larger and larger algorithmic walls between what content is being created and what end users see.
Well, they are not "walls." You can still see whatever you like. It's just that their algorithms tend to give you things you want to see. (And it knows this because you click on things you want to see, and spend more time on pages you want to read.) That tends to create a "news bubble" where your own beliefs are reinforced.

Do you think that vaccines cause autism? You'll probably click on "baby gets autism after being vaccinated" stories. The algorithm notices that. And it starts giving you more and more stories about people with autism, people who get vaccinated, and the many groups who claim the two are related. And after a few months, most of the stories in your feed are about vaccines causing autism. You see almost nothing about how vaccines prevent disease and save millions. So the reader might conclude "EVERYONE thinks vaccines cause autism! I see at least two stories a day about that."
Since quitting social media, i've been using the internet kind of like how it was used in the 2000's. Search for stuff, find someone's blog, read a few articles, shoot them a note of thanks via email or maybe even a paypal donation. It's actually kind of refreshing.
Right - and in that way you don't get the result of those algorithms trying to predict what you want.

That bitchute site is surprisingly not too bad. I may upload some of my comments for kicks.

billvon said:
Well, they are not "walls." You can still see whatever you like. It's just that their algorithms tend to give you things you want to see. (And it knows this because you click on things you want to see, and spend more time on pages you want to read.) That tends to create a "news bubble" where your own beliefs are reinforced.

You can see whatever you like, but they make it harder to find. It is more clicks away. Most people don't click or mess with settings. Thus, this is the only experience most people will have, which affects the whole social environment on each site.

On facebook they will determine how much of your friends' content you get to see, plus what facebook wants to show you, no matter what you do. If you just want to keep in contact with friends, you are out of luck. You will only get to see posts from your friends that facebook thinks are popular. Facebook determines which ones it thinks will be popular, and makes them so..

The news bubble effect is really bad. You are right that it is a big problem.

billvon said:
Do you think that vaccines cause autism? You'll probably click on "baby gets autism after being vaccinated" stories. The algorithm notices that. And it starts giving you more and more stories about people with autism, people who get vaccinated, and the many groups who claim the two are related. And after a few months, most of the stories in your feed are about vaccines causing autism.

Sometimes the algorithm goes the other way and your favorite subject just suddenly disappears.

The craziest thing is how few people realize they are being psychologically manipulated on a daily basis by these sites. Those who do see the manipulation rarely ditch the site for an alternative that respects them, because they can't get enough of that dopamine tickle.

I noticed this was on all mainstream broadcast news, in fact, it was first news on 7news broadcast that some professional female football player was made fun of on FACEBOOK because of a photo was taken of her during play.
https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1108263294698057728
https://7plus.com.au/seven-news-melbourne?episode-id=7NNM19-079
To me, this was bizarre because it's up to the moderators at channel 7 to look after their own football sites.
When I saw this yesterday I claimed I have suspicions that it was a deliberate setup to get more IP-streaming competition banned in Australia, because broadcast media is dying but the big broadcasters have the politicians ears to tell them whatever they want..

Now suddenly today Bitchute is banned, well I can't reach it any more under normal internet setup and no one else seems to able to either.
There is no official statement about this..

To me this is all about blocking better media for the local broadcasters, they are behaving like pure scum.
And it looks like suddenly they don't really care either, I really think they were PURELY targeting Bitchute and they got what they wanted.

All I can say is that the authorities doing this are morons and do not know or understand how much damage they are doing to better more intelligent media in Australia.
They don't want to you see even simple entertaining and education chit-chat news shows like this because they know Bitchute does it better than local broadcast https://www.bitchute.com/video/aGLFzkt3t7wm/

They are making Australia the MOST BACKWARDS COUNTRY IN THE FREE WORLD !!!

That is sad that they're blocking sites just because they allow free expression. But AFAIK, Australia has always been an Orwellian place. I remember hearing that many video games i played in the 90's were banned over there for arbitrary reasons.

I looked over bitchute and it is not such a bad site. There is more 'normal people' content than there is crazy alt right stuff. Not nearly as bad as gab.io.

Anyone in AU or the EU should be taking a tip from those who live in dystopian states like China and use a VPN. Let me clue you in to a free VPN service that is actually quite cool.

https://www.softether.org/9-about
https://www.vpngate.net/en/

I got interested in softether in business environments because of it's amazing firewall traversing technologies. It can also do crazy shit like sending the VPN stream over ICMP packets as a means of subverting even the great firewall of China's deep packet inspection.

TOR is a little better in terms of regaining privacy and defeating censorship, but it will cause problems with some web services due to how it works.

I thought I would post here some of the latest news because this thread is kind of about "free speech wars", if there is a better thread then someone please kindly tell me about it.

Since the latest banning of conservatives like Paul Joseph Watson Laura Loomer from Facebook, and James Woods from Twitter, Donald Trump has been "retweeting" some of their tweets.

You can't actually post the link of a retweet without going back to the original tweeter, so the closest I can do is just post the link to the tweet above.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1124653429366906882

But here is a screenshot of Donald Trump "retweeting" Paul Joseph Watson who is banned from Facebook, ultimately for thoughtcrime.
D5uQLhqUIAEAKA_.png

Here is a video from Paul Joseph Watson saying thank you to Donald Trump for retweeting him. I really think this is special, I but we can only hope something bigger and more permanent comes from this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDxRlsBi4Ac
[youtube]XDxRlsBi4Ac[/youtube]

Laura Loomer continues to get banned from major platforms.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/05/video-laura-loomer-crashes-facebook-headquarters-after-she-was-banned-requests-meeting-with-official-police-are-called/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1ALPemzOI
[youtube]Xe1ALPemzOI[/youtube]

I think the problem for Laura Loomer she can't handle the hard reality of being banned from social media platforms for merely pointing out that generally, "Islam", is supportive of marriage to 14-year-old girls to adult men etc, she just can't wrap her head or accept she can get banned criticizing that.
I think when Barack Obama used to go around saying the words "Islam is a religion of peace", which was then constantly pushed by old broadcast media, it couldn't have generally been more damaging to the westerns worlds understanding of the Islam religion in general.
When in reality this is a far more accurate picture of Islam https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

The reality is when traditional established broadcast media promotes "multiculturalism" and thus the general public then support and vote for governments that support "multiculturalism", it then generally becomes "somewhat" supportive to a culture that sanctions the marriage of 14-year-old girls to adult men, as this was ultimately what the general public are voting for, so the government and thus social media platforms have to support it as well.
Banning people who insult a culture that is within a government that supports "multiculturalism" is the logical and legal next step, no matter how insane or ugly it might be. This is almost entirely the fault of old broadcast media and the lack of freedom of speech to criticize, which has then been pushed into the world of social media, it's literally a perfect cycle of ideologies clashing.

I can understand why Laura Loomer can't get her head around this fact, because it is quite backwards to the traditional western first world of thinking and doing things. This is the ultimate clash of ideologies.
But this is ultimately the power of mainstream-broadcast-media and the clash with the utilization of warm seductive innocent sounding words like "multiculturalism" vs the real world, with social media information wars added on top.

I found a great video below that sums up the issue on a basic level, maybe if it was worded/said by some younger popular celebrity that the general public worshipped, for whatever reason, it then might be a more popular video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIaGWURONRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=998_BXUxkrU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwcbW5Q6sSg
[youtube]jIaGWURONRU[/youtube]
I simply can't stress it enough, in my opinion, the faster all broadcast-media is replaced with IP-streaming only internet-media combined with free speech so that dumb ideas can be criticised, the better the world will be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3B6EyIEb8E

In fact, I want to take it to the next level.
I want to explore the idea of new laws that would encompass merely suggesting the inhibiting/obstruction of free speech would be seen as a crime equivalent of "treason", or like "conspiracy" to commit murder or import drugs, it would be "conspiracy to inhibit the freedom of speech".
In my opinion, nothing is as important as genuine free speech and merely inhibiting it is literally causing people to die, by proxy, and I think people who even conspire in the idea of inhibiting freedom of speech should go to jail.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30
So under my free speech laws idea, Mark Zuckerberg merely talking to people about the idea of banning people from Facebook would cause him to end up in jail, let alone actually banning people from Facebook.

The other thing that annoys me about the media wars, in general, is when watching the programmed general public attack "new media" because they have been told its for click bait/money, but this is a truly bizarre thing to claim because when you look at mainstream media headlines because they are far more cheesy/click-baity than literally anything else in the world. I am surprised people can lock-on to such an idea and run with it.

This interview below is an example. This guy just seems to think old media are gods and everything else is evil and he doesn't want to look at the facts or even really know the story behind Sargons "wouldn't even rape" Tweet that was designed to reveal how badly mainstream media abuses their power and how the general public refuse to verify or look at the truth themselves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfsk_UfalNY

All the mainstream media headlines were deliberate smearing and click-baity, they all undividedly suggest Carl Benjamin/Sargon is "pro rape" when in fact the tweet claimed the opposite.
The general pubic/people he interviews still drill him on "how dare you be pro-rape", they simply won't look at the facts for them selfs, they just brutally trust mainstream media headlines. Mainstream media is nothing but pure manipulating click-bait cancer, this is the natural effects of some groups having too much power, they just naturally abuse it.

UKIP's Carl Benjamin not sorry for MP rape comments
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-47974036
Controversial party leader stands by candidate’s shocking ‘rape’ tweet
https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/controversial-party-leader-stands-by-candidates-shocking-rape-tweet/news-story/7bd93ab0ce0b23714c9d31f409aea490
‘Internet troll’ who sent ‘rape tweet’ selected as potential Ukip MEP
https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/12/internet-troll-sent-rape-tweet-selected-potential-ukip-mep-9189021/
Ukip’s leader, excuse lies and rape threats
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/14/beware-ukip-leader-excuse-rape-threats-satire

Buzzfeed: The Joke Police
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggbyQQKPntw

It's all "white noise"
Another shooting
Another tweet
Another live stream
Donald this, Donald that
Russia that, Russia this

The toxins in the water have messed up man kinds brain, please do not drink the Kool-aid.
"Oh yeah!"

Man, I can't wait until we figure out how to shut you assholes out of public decision making.

Chalo said:
Man, I can't wait until we figure out how to shut you assholes out of public decision making.

Dude, people just like you have this figured out a long time ago. You need to read Jordan Peterson, '12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos' to see how such champions of your opinions as Hitler, Stalin and Mao have silenced those who DARED disagree with them. Of course, when you read the chapter that explains rule 8, you'll discover that Peterson is not on your side in that argument, he's actually supporting people like myself who so incessantly speak the truth no matter how hard bullies like yourself try to silence us. Still, he explains why your kind of bad guys often succeed, so you'll see how you can take your bes---er, your WORST shot at it.

flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/07/entertainment/hbo-removes-coffee-cup-game-of-thrones-trnd/index.html

Or maybe the sheer frivilousness of front page news is to blame.

Back