MBK x-power (Yamaha TZR) conversion?

xenio

1 µW
Hello,

So I have an old mbk x-power (it's a Yamaha TZR 50cc rebrand) that has been in the garage for years with it's motor totally dead.

And now that I'm a bit farther away from town I'm thinking of buying a new moto ... Or converting my old 50cc to an electric one.

I was wondering how much would it costs me to do that conversion.
I started looking at it, but I don't really know what kind of motor and battery size I'd need
I was looking at qs-motor and maybe 5kW? I don't really know, it would be cool if I could easily go to 90km/h. Also can we easily limit the max speed electronically ?
And those motors on AliExpress have like 250€ of shipping fees... Is there any other solution ?

I saw an AliExpress pack with a qs138/90h and controller, speed counter, throttles etc.. for 1k€ shipped, rated 4kW and 7500W max.
I don't know if it's enough for what i want, maybe a little light ?

And I'd need enough battery for 65km too (not everyday but it needs to be at least able to do that much, and 80 would be super cool...)
I started looking at pouch cells but I really don't know if I can buy those randoms ones on Alibaba or if i need a known brand/model etc... Which makes it harder to estimate budget. I also don't know how much kWh I'd need. I guess the formula to estimate range is heavily dependent on the whole weight ...

I think it's feasible, I believe I have the technical background to understand how it works and it could be a fun project. But I lack experience and I don't know if it's financially smart or not yet since I don't know exactly which motor, battery, controller etc to buy and mostly from where.

It should be around 2k€ no ? Maybe more with a beefier motor ?

Thanks in advance

Back