My latest HK battery purchase

Yeah man, 'My' latest purchase can be anyone's that posts. I think it's good to have a recent thread open to post up what's goin on with HK, since they do spot deals like that.
The 20$/pack was definitely at least for AU. I definitely had them in my cart but they only ship internationally from the global warehouse in Hongkong I think. Good tip on getting the dual 4pin to work with a balancer- and at that price I wonder how much inital balancing they'd have needed? :eek:

Yes, I think the popular accepted uses are within 1/4 to 1/3 of their cont rating for max discharge, and 1/2 for charge. Best way to get at their longevity, as well as keeping LVC above 3.5v or there-abouts. Don't leave them in direct sunlight if you can help it, and avoid charging when they're warm.

Mine have gotten pretty beat over 2yrs and I only had one puff even with pushing discharge to 1/2 rating, charge rating near to 150%, and had one or two accidental discharges down between 1 - 2v that I VERY carefully revived (not recommended). They don't hold balance for shit anymore, but I plan the next set to last longer by keeping more conservative use/care of them.

HobbyKing's prices are all over the place and it's easy to miss some deals. I went a couple rounds with customer service regarding the $20 bargain bin battery that was actually $40. Never did get anything resolved with that and even today the error still exists.

But I did notice that the Multistar 4S 16ah pack listed at $87.46 had a little note beside it that said 'starting at $49.99'. When placed in the car, it was indeed $49.99. Ordered 3 for a 12S setup I am working on. Sure beats building from recycled 18650 packs that I had planned to use.

Back