• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Real cheap ESC - any good?

HAL9000v2.0

10 kW
I fount this ZTW ESC 100A 46V max. (<-- Mr. "steven "send me this data) On Alibaba chat i got offer for 20 pcs shipped for 495$ it is under 25$ pcs.
Anybody tryed this?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/270679582/ZTW_100_A_HV_Brushless_ESC/showimage.html

Here are spec that I got...

A-ZTW 100A HV OPTO is a new generation of brushless and sensorless speed controllers with the control of micro processor. Its performance in terms of compatibility, reliability and stability can compete with world famous brands. Specification: 1.1. Output: Continuous Current 100A, Burst Current 120A,(no less than 10 seconds) 1.2. Input: 6-12 cells Li-Po or 18-38 NiMh/NiCd 1.3. BEC Output: OPTO 1.4.Dimension(mm): * A-ZTW-100A-HV OPTO: 34*52*20 1.5.Weight: * A-ZTW-100A-HV OPTO: 105g Features: -Extremely low internal resistance -Automatically detects the number of cells within the battery pack. -Super smooth and accurate throttle linearity -Safety thermal over-load protection -Auto throttle shut down in signal lose situation -Supports high RPM motors -Power arming protection (prevents the motor from accidentally running when switched ON) -New Advanced programming software Our ESC allows you to program all functions to fit your specific needs,which makes it very efficient and user friendly: 1.User programmable brake setting (we recommend using brake for only folding props applications) 2.User programmable battery type(LiPo or NiCd/NiMh) 3.User programmable low voltage cutoff setting 4.User programmable factory default setup restore 5.User programmable timing settings (to enhance ESC efficiency and smoothness) 6.User programmable soft acceleration start ups (for delicate gearbox and helicopter applications) 7.User programmable governor mode(for helicopter applications) 8.User programmable motor rotation(clockwise\counterclockwise) 9.User programmable switching frequency 10.User programmable low voltage cut off type (power reduction orimmediate shutdown)

The only concern for us on E-bikes when trying a new controller is typically how well it starts up and if it stays in sync well.

I think it is worth trying one to test, then order a batch if they work well.

Oh, longevity is an issue too. I have heard of a few guys running a cheap controller very well for a few hours, then it dies.

But, you never know untill you try!

Matt

For what its worth, I have had much success with cheap esc's and are still working well I think the main reason I haven't blown one up yet is because I have fitted larger heat sinks from the start and also running higher gauge wire from the battery's reg pulling 100A+ from the LV cheapos that I have. From the spec it looks like it ticks all the right boxes. I have never had sync problems with the cheap esc's when the motor is running ( I think this maybe down to the very low gearing Im using for hill climing ) but have had problems starting from a standstill ( think this applies to all esc's ). For the price it's worth giving them ago.

There was some site on Alibaba that had 200 or 220amp 50v RC brushless ESC's for sale at $85 each. The seller wanted money orders only or something lame, so I never ended up buying one to try.

ZTW ESC 100A OPTO HV

ZTW ESC 100A OPTO HV contains ancillary circuit wich avoids sparking when the ESC is being
connected to accumulators.

ESC connecting procedure:
1. connect minus pole of ESC black wire 12# to minus pole of accumulator
2. connect red thin wire 16# to plus pole of accumulator
3. connect plus pole of ESC red wire 12# to plus pole of accumulator

A-ZTW 100A HV OPTO is a new generation of brushless and sensorless speed controllers with the control of micro processor. Its performance in terms of compatibility, reliability and stability can compete with world famous brands.

Specification:
1.1. Output: Continuous Current 100A, Burst Current 120A,(no less than 10 seconds)
1.2. Input: 6-12 cells Li-Po or 18-38 NiMh/NiCd
1.3. BEC Output: OPTO
Dimension(mm):
* A-ZTW-100A-HV OPTO: 34*52*20
Weight:
* A-ZTW-100A-HV OPTO: 105g

Features:
â—† Extremely low internal resistance
â—† Automatically detects the number of cells within the battery pack.
â—† Super smooth and accurate throttle linearity
â—† Safety thermal over-load protection
â—† Auto throttle shut down in signal lose situation
â—† Supports high RPM motors
â—† Power arming protection (prevents the motor from accidentally running when switched ON)
â—† New Advanced programming software

Our ESC allows you to program all functions to fit your specific needs,which makes it very efficient and user friendly:
1.User programmable brake setting (we recommend using brake for only folding props applications)
2.User programmable battery type(LiPo or NiCd/NiMh)
3.User programmable low voltage cutoff setting
4.User programmable factory default setup restore
5.User programmable timing settings (to enhance ESC efficiency and smoothness)
6.User programmable soft acceleration start ups (for delicate gearbox and helicopter applications)
7.User programmable governor mode(for helicopter applications)
8.User programmable motor rotation(clockwise\counterclockwise)
9.User programmable switching frequency
10.User programmable low voltage cutoff type (power reduction orimmediate shutdown)

seems rather interesting . nice find HAL2000v2.0

ive orderd a sample speed controller from that province not to long ago and so far no trace of it. that company in particular did not seem to interested in 1 of 1 to end user transactions so i think ive been stuck on the back burner . we shall see.

if a few others are interested i would be very much interested in a group buy that would spread the cost to 5 or 6 of us and order the 20 they quoted on . with that quantity we would have thier attention and hopefully not get their seconds. with any luck and 3 each in hand we may even learn how to keep them alive before they all vaporize.
:?:

let us know what they quote you for a single copy and maybe we can team up and get a few each for the same price.

Back