RevX Mrazek Electric Motorcycle - My Nightmare Experience

OnTheTren

1 µW
I am a new member here on this forum as I am relatively new to electeic bikes. However, I am experienced motorcyclist.

I want to point out at this stage that I never wanted to post anything on a forum about my shocking experiences in doing business with a company. However, I am left with no choice but to do so. In doing this, I hope to assist prospective buyers of anything from Bob Mrazek to form their own conclusions before deciding to part with their hard earned money.

What I am writing below are facts and can be ratified courtesy of my record keeping of every communication I have ever had with Bob Mrazek.

The story started in early 2022 when I made contact with Bob Mrazek through his Facebook and Instagram pages. After some discussion over a week or two I made the decision to purchase a RevX, in full knowledge that I am in England and Bob Mrazek manufactures his bikes in the Czech Republic. Build time was around 8 weeks but could be up to 12. No problem (at this stage).

I paid him the full amount, as requested, by international money transfer. Then, the trail went much, much colder. A few weeks after sending the funds I tried to contact Bob via his Facebook and Instagram pages. All ignored. I simply wanted an update as to progress.

From here on in, the entire process became an absolute false of epic scale. My messages were consistently ignored and a number of months passed before we exchanged numbers and managed to discuss a few of his major issues by WhatsApp video call and voice call.

The excuses and deceitful comments were endless, from him being ill, his technician being in a motorcycle accident, him painting the frame the wrong colour, the frames not being available, the brakes not being made correctly etc etc etc. Fundamentally, they were all as we say here in England 'bollocks'.

It became clearly obvious to me after six months (July 2022) that he had taken my money and had no intention whatsoever to build my bike. He also knew that international money transfers would be very difficult to recover.

I spent literally days on the telephone with my bank, various law enforcement agencies here and in the European Union and the respective departments dealing with fraud at my bank - all causing extreme stress and annoyance.

All during this time I kept a highly detailed Excel spreadsheet of every form of communication both to and from Bob Mrazek. I have also saved everything and made screen captures of my communication with him through Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp - (suffice to say he blocked me on WhatsApp, of course!).

I have served him with demands to refund my money which have essentially been ignored.

2023 has not been much better. It is now 18 months since I sent my funds to him and I am yet to receive a FULL refund.

I was, however, delighted to receive a partial refund from him earlier this summer. How nice of him. Although why it was not the full amount I am still none the wiser about.

Since receiving the partial refund he has been extremely difficult to contact (of course). My regular requests for the remainder of the refund have been consistently ignored. More recently I have read a number of his excuses which are so laughable that even a 10 year old child could come up with better material. Apparently he needs to speak with his 'business partners' before making a decision about refunding me, although that excuse was a few days after he had told me that he would be sending me the money the next morning. Pathetic!

I posted on his Facebook page asking where my refund was and, low and behold, I receive a proactive message in Facebook Messenger from him - same old excuses, blaming CZEM, the court case with them, the stress he's under etc etc etc. He even had the ordacity to demand the removal of the most on his page as it 'could damage his business'. Sorry Bob, the biggest danger to your business is YOU fella!

So, in hindsight, perhaps I should not have paid by international bank transfer. I did offer PayPal but he declined. I prefer to trust people, but this experience has proven that in his case, he is not only untrustworthy but outwardly exploitative. Perhaps he does business professionally in the Czech Republic. Perhaps lots of things, but 'it's a business'!

My advice to anyone wishing to buy fron him is categorically DO NOT! It is clear to me that he had no intention of building my bike and has instead used my money to finish other orders, from, probably, customers in the Czech Republic.

I initially felt sorry for him being embroiled in a legal battle with CZEM. However, I don't feel sorry for him at all now and I believe that because he is completely untrustworthy there is a reason why people's lives are full of stress and struggle - in his case it is his own making!

For context, since all of this started, I purchased a CZEM Drill One and it has been exceptional. Their aftersales have been brilliant and they bent over backwards to help me.

I do not wish Bob Mrazek ill. Rather, I wish him all the best and hopefully he can turn his incompetence around and make his business a business rather than a hobby. However, if you run a business and you owe customers considerable amounts of money, there are court cases etc etc etc, there is a high chance that that business will fail. I have no idea what his bikes are like - I am sure they are exceptional. However, if I was a prospective buyer, I would steer well clear and go elsewhere because the risks from his own incompetence, untrustworthiness and deceitful practices are too great considering the amounts of money involved.

I hope this post assists any future buyers in making an informed decision about where to spend their money. I just hope none of you end up 18 months down the line with no refund and no bike to show for it.

I ve been in contact with Joseph since april. I ordered 2 bikes in july 2022, same words as written above...in May,when I got in contact with the "customer" above,I decided to cancel one bike. th 1 year later it seem that the bike is produced when it was said to be delivered in november...I'm waiting for shipping now ...

Back