Sorensen DCS Series - Modification and Repair Thread

Maybe some "E" Trivia. IIRC, I read or was told by an Ametek tech that the "E" Series units came about out of a need to meet E.U. standards.

The 60-18E successfully charged a 12S 10Ah pack as well as a 12S 25Ah pack.

We rode them here:

20180814_195032-2656x1494.jpg
20180814_195039-2656x1494.jpg

By quadcopter or feet + swimming its only a couple hundred yards. By non-floating bike you have to round the harbor.

If your in Santa Cruz this is where you want to land. On the left you can catch the edge of the Crows Nest. Wed is all night happy hour and you proceed upstairs for that. Any other night you eat on the dock, at what used to be the bait shack.

Wood fired pizza, hot sandwiches (same as you get next door), all at a very reasonable price. For that reasonable price you also get to sit right on the water.

(No... We do NOT eat at McDonald's... EVAR!@$!!)
(Shit is rancid poison that kills kids and gives you candido)
(Seriously... F' McDonald's... I go there only to purge my bowls)

20180814_190801-2656x1494.jpg
Zooming in... (Android in low light)
View attachment 1

Take the trail around the harbor.
If you explore it in full you will find a path up to a field. The field used to be wild... And now it is all packed full of signs and fences. Ignore those and turn right on the dirt trail. Head back there far enough and you will find epic oak trees to climb. You have to cut back into the trails to find the spots. When we were kids we used to smoke pot back there.

A word to the wise... If you buy any pot (which is legal) in Santa Cruz GO EASY on it. One small puff is all you need to crash your ebike and wreck your face. So... There ya go. I dont smoke it, it makes me see machine elves and hear Terrance McKenna ramblings coming from the bushes.

So

Get you wona deez Power Supplies and get ready to live in outer space. The earth is becoming overcrowded and its time to explore space.

-methods

BVH said:
Maybe some "E" Trivia. IIRC, I read or was told by an Ametek tech that the "E" Series units came about out of a need to meet E.U. standards.

Oh yes - the topic

Hmmm... Interesting

At all the places I have worked that ship to the UK, it is certain that they hold a higher standard than we do. More shielding, more safety, and a good bit of fussing to go with it.

For mass market (due to capitalist pressures) this is good.
For hobbies and one-off... It should be "wild west"

... "Freedom to build what you wish is as fundamental as freedom of speech"

It admittedly gets out hand at times... With all the noise (audible and interference) and disruption to others and the environment.

... Until we move away from oil and gas... Let the revolution continue...

-methods

And speaking of Ruckus... Ruckus there will be now.
Just dropped my boy off at his moms so it is time to remove the kid trailer from the trike, turn up the voltage and current limit, and "2 wheel motion" the town.

I have riding it on 2 wheels dialed. Faster the better. Minimal riding gear is leather shoes, jeans, padded motorcycle jacket ($20 used... No blood stains), and a full face downhill (bicycle) helmet.

Tip: Motorcycle helmets are roo heavy with not enough peripheral vision.
Tip: traditional top helmets don't provide adequate chin protection

Rational?
When you go down you want to slide, NOT roll... And you wont have MUCH choice about how you go down... So protect your bits.

I have gone down and slid.
Walked away

I have gone down and rolled
Went to hospital, arm still sounds like cap'n crunch cereal

Find out for yourself. :wink:

... Anyhow

Work to get caught up on
Trouble to stir up
And a political agenda to work on

I will update the thread next time I get my hands on a Sorensen.

-methods

Back