The E-bike Stigma

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Well, well... ES Bible "Search found 63 matches: +Stigma"...

Ya got yer "noise/system weight/stigma" (re mid drives), "the stigma of "cheating" with an ebike" (re posting about ebikes in a forum for the Great Unwashed types), "a stigma that remains from when lipo batteries first came out", "the stigma that comes with it of "f*cking hipster"", "the EV stigma", "the stigma that used to be attached to getting government assistance", "The stigma of electrics" ("underwhelming performance"... apparently), "stigma attached to bicycles", "the stigma that mountain bikers carried", "the stigma of LiPo fires" (again), "the stigma around cigarettes", ""Green" transport is losing it's negative stigma", " the stigma of motor assist", (my fav) "stigma of the car" hehe, "a huge doofus stigma on those things" (the "damn" minivan), "the National Ebike Riders Directory (NERD)" ("the last stigma we need"), "the black sheep stigma you guys like to foster" (hehe), ... etc.

And maybe a new flavour, the phrase "E-bike Stigma". Seen here:
http://www.core77.com/projects/46933/Shibusa-The-Modular-Dual-Function-Bicycle

Where it is said "This makes it difficult for manufacturers to make affordable electric bikes due to the relatively small user market." So sorta ignores watts happening in China and Europe. And in their world they imagine an ebike design that can be easily converted back to a classic/antique "traditional" pedal-only Poop-Mobile-style bike? Maintaining the "spirit" of a "traditional" bicycle, where folks can "enjoy the challenge" of struggling up hills. <Insert much grunting here>

Well at least they went with carbon for the frame... G'Luck kids! (Per Core77 "Since 1995 Core77.com has served a devoted global audience of industrial designers ranging from students through seasoned professionals.")

Gas prices being so low only hurts the ebike market. People would rather drive gas guzzlers than get out and bike to work.

I run a small business selling ebikes and batteries and the market is stagnant and very difficult to make a profit. I have seen many competitors go out of business over the last few years.

Chin Up Lester! Help on the way... maybe... Combo of things. Like gas prices predicted to climb higher again. News about communities severely restricting (if not outright banning) use of the larger vehicles for personal uses. Talk about more toll roads... increasingly "urban" (and crowded) space...

Then ya gots yer "Global Climate Change" and "Greenhouse Gases".

The signs all portend change in human lifestyles... at least in transportation vehicles.

Being an "early adopter" referred to as "Life on the Bleeding Edge".

:)

lester12483 said:
Gas prices being so low only hurts the ebike market. People would rather drive gas guzzlers than get out and bike to work.

I run a small business selling ebikes and batteries and the market is stagnant and very difficult to make a profit. I have seen many competitors go out of business over the last few years.

Go after the DUI crowd that lost there licenses, concentrate on bikes for their commute.
they have no choice!

Back