• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Calibration

dgc

10 W
I picked up a 48v TSDZ2B mid drive which was effectively new but return to stock faulty, great for me cheap spare mechanical parts, anyway had a thought, decided to open it up and check the electrics, controller dead as your hat. Anyway Aliexpress had the controller on offer so ordered one, got it, fitted it and the drive runs fine except for one problem. I seem to have to put more pressure on the pedals to get the drive to run, both pedals seem to be the same and are balanced. As a comparison on main my bikes which have the 36v TSDZ2 mid drives fitted with the VLCD5 displays, I can set the both to level 3 whereas to get a similar output / performance I need the VLCD5 display on the 48v drive set to level 5, it doe's then pull up smoothly. I would like to check the torque sensor calibration on the 48v drive and the best route to re-calibrate it. I do have a laptop with the TSDZ2 OSF software loaded on it and have used it already to update the firmware on one drive.
Many thanks all.

I picked up a 48v TSDZ2B mid drive which was effectively new but return to stock faulty, great for me cheap spare mechanical parts, anyway had a thought, decided to open it up and check the electrics, controller dead as your hat. Anyway Aliexpress had the controller on offer so ordered one, got it, fitted it and the drive runs fine except for one problem. I seem to have to put more pressure on the pedals to get the drive to run, both pedals seem to be the same and are balanced. As a comparison on main my bikes which have the 36v TSDZ2 mid drives fitted with the VLCD5 displays, I can set the both to level 3 whereas to get a similar output / performance I need the VLCD5 display on the 48v drive set to level 5, it doe's then pull up smoothly. I would like to check the torque sensor calibration on the 48v drive and the best route to re-calibrate it. I do have a laptop with the TSDZ2 OSF software loaded on it and have used it already to update the firmware on one drive.
Many thanks all.

Tells you how to physically calibrate it but that's not usually necessary and involves disassembly.

This describes the software calibration process for casainho osf, I expect there are similar functions in the other osfs.

There's loads of info for the osfs in the specific threads, using Google to search is usually better.

beemac, many thanks for your help, at the moment I am trying to use the VLCD5 to look at the TE and TE1 values but get to the JAP EUR mode selection and the display jumps out unless I have to press something else other than the "i" button, otherwise I would like to use say the TSDZ2 Parameter Configurator or the STVP program to view the values. My problem is how to display the values without going to a KT LCD3 or an 860C.

endlessolli: Great that's the missing bit, press the two buttons simultaneous for 10 seconds under ODO menu, at least I can see what my torque sensor is doing on the 48v drive in comparison to my 36v drives and go from there.

Put this on another thread

"OK guys, with your help we have the results, which opens up more questions.

36v motor standard firmware
TE TE1
81 81 0 kgs
101 5 kgs

36v motor OSF firmware
TE TE1
156 0 0 kgs
39 5 kgs

48v motor standard firmware
TE TE1
81 81 0 kgs
100 5 kgs

On all three with a "calibrated boot" I can get a TE1 reading of around 150 so I will have to get more weights out, I think on the 36v OSF motor the TE reading of 156 is where the firmware doe's not reset on power up in the same way there is a 5 - 10 mph indicated on the display which clears almost immediately once you move the bike or when moved from TE to TE1.
So both the bikes with 36v motors are fine, the 48v results seems to suggest to me that the 48v motor is fine but is this down to the differences between the 36v and 48v motor setups. Looks like OSF is going on the 48V motor."

As from another thread

Previously but with one human 65 kgs dead weight on the pedals

36v motor standard firmware
TE TE1
81 81 0 kgs
101 5 kgs

150 65 kgs

36v motor OSF firmware
TE TE1
156 0 0 kgs
39 5 kgs

95 65 kgs

48v motor standard firmware
TE TE1
81 81 0 kgs
100 5 kgs

153 65 kgs

Both the 36v and 48v motors with standard firmware have a very similar TE1 output which leads me back to differences between the 36v and 48v motor setups.
At least I am pretty happy the 48v motor is OK, will put the OSF on it and see where we go. Noted that the sensor span is in the 50 range on the std firmware and the 65 range with the OSF.

Back