TTXGP North American Championship

I have a ton of pics and vid. I will poke the buddy that is supposed to be editing it all together and posting it on youtube.

Ok, these are low-quality pics from my phone rather than the good pics from the real camera, but it's something. The pics of building the bike are our bike of course, and the pics of the black Yamaha R1 in the winners circle and rider holding the 1st place plate in the white leathers is our rider.

Something interesting, none of the winning teams even had a battery charger at the event. Everybody that knew wtf is up was charging direct from power supplies (like real men), and no BMS of any type on any winning bikes.

ttxgpbike.jpg

tt1c.jpg

tt2e.jpg

tt3x.jpg

tt5k.jpg

tt6k.jpg

tt7.jpg

tt9y.jpg

tt9y.jpg

tt10h.jpg

tt11.jpg

tt13c.jpg

tt14z.jpg

tt15d.jpg

tt16.jpg

tt17u.jpg

tt19.jpg

tt20.jpg

tt21.jpg

tt22b.jpg

tt24.jpg

tt29l.jpg

tt28u.jpg

tt27.jpg

And then this picture is fun, as if you look carefully, it's the VisforVoltage guy standing behind me wishing he was lovin-up on A123 girl. :)

lukeanda123girl.jpg

I should also add, each team using LiFePO4 (headways) didn't finish.

Each team using LiPo finished with pack to spare.

liveforphysics said:
Something interesting, none of the winning teams even had a battery charger at the event. Everybody that knew wtf is up was charging direct from power supplies (like real men), and no BMS of any type on any winning bikes.

We had a BMS. I can't go into too much detail on it, but it was designed in house. Temp/voltage/current/balancing.. all that good stuff. Certainly not necessary on a race bike, but our race bikes are intended to serve as a test platform for production stuff.

PaulD said:
liveforphysics said:

We had a BMS. I can't go into too much detail on it, but it was designed in house. Temp/voltage/current/balancing.. all that good stuff. Certainly not necessary on a race bike, but our race bikes are intended to serve as a test platform for production stuff.

Ohh, my mistake then Paul, I apologize.

I had talked to someone in your pits while drooling on your monster Sorenson power supply, I asked about charging, and they said the power supply hooked up directly to the battery and that was the whole sha-bang. I evidently misunderstood what they were saying.

liveforphysics said:
[

I had talked to someone in your pits while drooling on your monster Sorenson power supply, I asked about charging, and they said the power supply hooked up directly to the battery and that was the whole sha-bang. I evidently misunderstood what they were saying.

No worries, Luke. I wish I could have made it to the event. I heard all the stories of this guy with a crazy powerful electric BMX in the pits trying to get people to try it out!

PaulD said:
liveforphysics said:
[

No worries, Luke. I wish I could have made it to the event. I heard all the stories of this guy with a crazy powerful electric BMX in the pits trying to get people to try it out!

And we did. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That BMX got more attention for electrics from the gas racers and gas race fans than the rest of the TTXGP bikes combined I think. LOL
I must have let a dozen folks ride it, including the VP of A123, who unbelievablely had the brake lever FALL OFF when he was riding!! No joke! I felt bad!

I loved watching some AMA riders try it and wreck it though. lol

Awesome! Thanks for posting the pics.
Really sucks I couldn't make it, especially since I live so close.

I can't belive you are running this with an induction motor. Thats very cool! :mrgreen: Good luck luke!

An eventful practice session on Friday saw Thad Wolff of Team Moto Electra thrown in a low slide crash. The problem was narrowed down to a faulty BMS. Brian and the team with help from Manzanita worked through the night to get the Norton back on line for the days racing.

A BMS CAN MAKE YOU CRASH?!>!

BTW, nice shirt luke. The whistles... they go Whooo woooo!

Back