Turnigy mini cam from Hobby King.

Ah... knoxie, I missed that you had the same MiniDV cam (by looks anyway) and not that Turnigy. Well, your video is much smoother than any I've been able to get out of either one of mine. I've mounted it to my helmet, seat, handlebar, belly, arm etc... but apparently can't stabilize it with screws, tape, tie wraps or anything else I've tried. Have put Sandisk and Kingston class 4 memory in them and no difference noticed. With software I can stabilize the video a bit but don't like taking the time to do more than chop off the ends.

I didn't expect much when I got them... they did make good stocking stuffers :)

A fork mount sounds cool on the race bike on smooth track. Maybe set it so you see the front tire in the shot? Helmet cam is cool too, but I can't seem to find the right aim point, since you tend to look over your shoulder, and then roll you eyes. So you don't really get a shot of what the driver looked at.

MotoGP will be at Indianapolis after the break, checkout the TV coverage and Valentino Rossi's gyroscopic cam DogMan, is hidef and stays upright no matter how far Vale leans the bike over no bumps or skipped frames etc, gives THE best pics you have ever seen on a bike, absolutely brilliant and its tiny! I tried to find some video of it but wasn't successful. Obviously cost a damn site more than the 30 odd bucks for the Turnigy cam haha RC Heli guys into arial photography make gyro stabilised and dampened camera setups, might be time to head back to the rc heli forums for an update i started building one for my heli still have the undercarriage actually...hrmmmmz.

KiM

I watched the race, very neat camera! Here is some video..
http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2010/Rossi+debuts+Gyroscopic+OnBoard+camera

Well, my one is definitey got bugs. Records in voice activated mode no matter what I do. It's stuck there. Cheap enough to try again, and have a spare battery and card.

What I really need for good video, is the same one tritonwow loaned me for the DR. About a $200 camera he bought for the skydiving.

That vid is amazing, unbelievable what the tires can do. They get nice shots now, with the cams on race cars. I've been enjoying the shots from the indy cars this summer. It seems like at least half the cars have cams, and much better quality than 10 years ago of course.

That gyro video is insane!! I knew those guys did some serious leaning but that course is all right or all left, and the angle is more radical than a static mount can convey. :lol:

torker said:
That gyro video is insane!! I knew those guys did some serious leaning but that course is all right or all left, and the angle is more radical than a static mount can convey. :lol:

They get upto 60% lean angles in MotoGP, these fellas are the best riders in the
world nothing comes close to MotoGP bikes. Valentino Rossi recently broke his leg,
due to the no testing rules of MotoGP
he wasn't allowed to ride his bike to see if the leg was good to go, so he hopped on
one of the World Superbike machines,
he had never ridden the bike before yet lapped a second under that
of the bikes 'official rider' ..how would that make you feel
hahaa this with a leg that was broken less than ~6 week earlier!

Shame about your camera DogMan, i went to buy the cheaper
version yesterday with the remaining pennies in my paypal account
alas i was several dollars short ...next pay haha...maybe buy
two! that would actually be a great idea, one for Matt.P
when he comes for rides and i can use it on the rear when
Matts not using it! OH OH DogMaNz hehehe Matts and I went
ridding last week Ifilmed it with my
Canon still camera anywayz, we saw 2 lycras!! unfortunately they were coming
towards us hahaa my eyes lit up i so wanted to turn around and hassles them out some.. :mrgreen:

KiM

I'm not a motorcycle guy AJ but I do remember Rossi and Mladin going at it for the world championship a few years ago. Simply unbelievable skillz!
otherDoc

Over the years I've always pulled for the US riders.. but now that Vale is 'the old guy' its hard for me not to want him to come out on top. If he can switch factories and get one more championship with a new one, that would be cool.

I'm going to give the turnigy cams one more shot on my next order.. 3rd time is the charm hopefully.

Back